What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this also solve the heat issues with 5Ghz and CPU? My CPU is averagin at 84C
there is no heat issues. It's normal temp.
tjmax is 125 C.

Will this also solve the heat issues with 5Ghz and CPU? My CPU is averagin at 84C
Read the forum.. 84c is perfectly fine. The SOC has a TjMax of 125c.

Edit: did not notice VANT's response :)

Last edited:
according to the scanner, on 40MHz my max rate is 450Mbps, while on 20MHz it's only 217Mbps...
Should have been more specific about how to determine if it is worth the trouble to run at 40mhz bandwidth on WiFi. It would make the most sense for you to run Speedtest.net or something similar to see how fast you are getting information from the Internet...run Speedtest once at a 20mhz bandwidth and again with the 40mhz setting, and see if it makes THE SLIGHTEST DIFFERENCE. Am guessing it will not, in which case it does not make sense for you to bother with 40mhz.

Should have been more specific about how to determine if it is worth the trouble to run at 40mhz bandwidth on WiFi. It would make the most sense for you to run Speedtest.net or something similar to see how fast you are getting information from the Internet...run Speedtest once at a 20mhz bandwidth and again with the 40mhz setting, and see if it makes THE SLIGHTEST DIFFERENCE. Am guessing it will not, in which case it does not make sense for you to bother with 40mhz.

Everyone seems to be telling how I should change my WiFi settings, but this is not my question. In fact, it has nothing to do with the channels or the channel width. I just posted that I for for someone to replicate the issue.

My question was, why when I have it set to "N Only", is it not actually "N Only" but rather "b/g/n".

And if "N Only" means "b/g/n", then it shouldn't be called "N Only". It doesn't matter if everyone thinks "Auto" is better, the setting "N Only" should be "n" only. Or does someone disagree?

As far as I recall, you can set it to "Auto", "N Only" or "Legacy".

My assumption of these would be:
Auto = b/g/n
N Only = n
Legacy = b/g

Clearly though, that's not happening. At least not for me.

Everyone seems to be telling how I should change my WiFi settings, but this is not my question. In fact, it has nothing to do with the channels or the channel width. I just posted that I for for someone to replicate the issue.

My question was, why when I have it set to "N Only", is it not actually "N Only" but rather "b/g/n".

And if "N Only" means "b/g/n", then it shouldn't be called "N Only". It doesn't matter if everyone thinks "Auto" is better, the setting "N Only" should be "n" only. Or does someone disagree?

As far as I recall, you can set it to "Auto", "N Only" or "Legacy".

My assumption of these would be:
Auto = b/g/n
N Only = n
Legacy = b/g

Clearly though, that's not happening. At least not for me.

I agree with you that it's broken on the AC87U. It works like you mention on my AC66U, but on my AC87U Auto and N only do exactly the same thing - b/g/n. There is no way to select n only.

Hi guys. I recently installed this new version. I tried to enable Traffic Analyzer - Statistic but it seems not working. There are more settings to apply?
Thanks!!

For what it's worth N only works on the AC3200. My 3DS couldn't connect to the access point, it could however see it.

The problem most likely isn't with 378.55 but your process. Its completely useless to factory reset once much less twice if you are restoring a backup afterwards. That totally negates either of the resets you do.
The backup was from the previous version as well. I haven't had any issues since. I don't know what specifically caused the issue I was having but on the previous firmware with a settings restore that was saved from that version seems to have done the trick for me. I will more than likely wait for the next version before flashing.

Is there some sort of better way to reset these routers? I had asked about how to clean the NVRAM but hadn't noticed a how to for that.

Everyone seems to be telling how I should change my WiFi settings, but this is not my question...My question was, why when I have it set to "N Only", is it not actually "N Only" but rather "b/g/n".
Perhaps it would help if you would describe the problem that is created by your situation, to motivate anyone to think about your issue. Specifically, what kind of client(s) do you have that are experiencing a lower quality connection, for example have Speedtest lowered by 10% or more, because the Wireless mode setting is not doing what you want? Consider also that it is unlikely that the inner workings of the Wireless Mode are accessible to Merlin firmware.

Perhaps it would help if you would describe the problem that is created by your situation, to motivate anyone to think about your issue. Specifically, what kind of client(s) do you have that are experiencing a lower quality connection, for example have Speedtest lowered by 10% or more, because the Wireless mode setting is not doing what you want? Consider also that it is unlikely that the inner workings of the Wireless Mode are accessible to Merlin firmware.

You're over-complicating everything. The "N Only" setting is not "n" only, but "b/g/n". That's it.

Someone already confirmed that they have the same problem on the 87U, while the other models don't seem to have the problem. So it's a bug it seems. Fine, that's all I need to know.

Also, I understand that not everything is in merlins control, however this is the firmware I have on, so this is the first place where I give feedback.

You're over-complicating everything. The "N Only" setting is not "n" only, but "b/g/n". That's it.

Someone already confirmed that they have the same problem on the 87U, while the other models don't seem to have the problem. So it's a bug it seems. Fine, that's all I need to know.

Also, I understand that not everything is in merlins control, however this is the firmware I have on, so this is the first place where I give feedback.
OK, got it. The one thing am still curious about is, what is "the problem," besides the observation that the setting does not appear to do what its label says it does. In other words, am wondering what kind of user would care about this issue.

Anyone else ever had problems once you turn on Traffic Analyzer - Statistic ?

Seen it with other version also, as soon as Traffic Analyzer - Statistic is turned on some pages or websites "hang" or wont load..

As of this version (378.55) USB disk "Healthscanner" no longer displays results in the "scan results" window of my RT-AC66U.

Hey.

Im new at this, just got the Asus RT-N66U and want to flash it with merlin, all i need, is to boost my wifi range, will this Merlin software do that ?

As it is now it won't cover all my house 150m2.

Im On the latest Asus Firmware, And is it this file i use ? RT-N66U_378.54_2.trx , read lot that theres a lot of wifi dropouts on the new merlin FW xx.55

Last edited:
Im new at this, just got the Asus RT-N66U and want to flash it with merlin, all i need, is to boost my wifi range, will this Merlin software do that ?

No.

Okay, this needs explaining :)...FORK, and is this merlin´s Work or what..

And what is the install proses on this "fork merlin" is this someting u install on top of merlin or Asus FW ?

Yes this is a firmware made by Rmerlin and forked by John(read the log) when Asus came with firmwares 376.xx and after
You can adjust Power transmit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!