What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded my AC87U and so far, so good. Not using VPN so no issues there. NTP works fine.

Resetted to factory defaults and restored settings via NvRAM-Save-R21 from .55. Hope thats ok?

Monitoring.

Hello,
is the WAN "mac cloning" option solved in this 56 release ?
Since it was not working in previous 378.55, and i had to revert back to 378.54_2
It works OK in latest asus release 9177 but Merlin firmware is better for my use (Server and Clients,VPN ) and contains more options for DHCP.
Thanks in advance.

If you put your ear to the router Is a high-frequency sound is normal? Especially severe when downloading files
please talk
<use google translator..>

No issues that I notice with 378.56 beta 2. Running openvpn client, USB storage, adaptive QoS, AiProtection, ipv6 without issue. Great stuff.

AC3200 here running 56beta 1. I can't seem to update to beta2. It complains the image isn't valid. I redownloaded it twice and the shasum matches what the file says it should.

AC3200 here running 56beta 1. I can't seem to update to beta2. It complains the image isn't valid. I redownloaded it twice and the shasum matches what the file says it should.

Hey had the same issue on my ac68 and it will even say the same if you try the official firmware. Just reset the router and then try again, it should work. It has never happened before so it scared me a little too

If you have any USB disks attached, detach them and reboot before trying to change the firmware.

I have an AC68U. This issue started about a week ago, before I installed the beta.

Then please don't derail this beta discussion thread, especially since you've already posted the same thing in a different thread.

Hello,
is the WAN "mac cloning" option solved in this 56 release ?
Since it was not working in previous 378.55, and i had to revert back to 378.54_2
It works OK in latest asus release 9177 but Merlin firmware is better for my use (Server and Clients,VPN ) and contains more options for DHCP.
Thanks in advance.

The issue was in Asus's code, so since they fixed it in 9177, it should also be fixed in 378.56 now.

Make sure you are on the Firmware Upgrade page, not the Settings Load/Save page. Quite a few users accidentally did that same mistake before.

Those with still NTP issues, what happens if you manually launch the client this way?

Code:
ntpclient -h $(nvram get ntp_server0) -i 3 -l -s

Make sure you are on the Firmware Upgrade page, not the Settings Load/Save page. Quite a few users accidentally did that same mistake before.

I've had the same issue on a RT-AC56U. The sha256sum checks out as well. I've verified I'm on the Administration - Firmware Upgrade tab. Exact message is:

Code:
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

I've had the same issue on a RT-AC56U. The sha256sum checks out as well. I've verified I'm on the Administration - Firmware Upgrade tab. Exact message is:

Code:
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

That message often occurs if the router is too low on free RAM. Try rebooting with no USB disks plugged in as John recommended, then retry flashing.

Very frustrating from a developing point of view not to be able to reproduce all these weird behaviors. I never got the ntp error, also never got any flashing error. I do have a USB device attached but it's an 8GB flash drive that's almost empty, only use it to load some entware helper apps and to backup the router config.

378.56 is based on the 9177 release from Asus, so any wireless-related issue will be the same.

I see. Do you think Asus are any closer to solving the 5ghz drops and drain issues? I'm thinking of reverting to my AC68U for the moment. I miss the 5ghz. ;-)

I see. Do you think Asus are any closer to solving the 5ghz drops and drain issues? I'm thinking of reverting to my AC68U for the moment. I miss the 5ghz. ;-)
There are no drop issues anymore. At least not more than on any other router for both, the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz bands, regardless of the chipset manufacturer. Some iPad users keep talking about their iPads being disconnected after waking them from sleep, but AFAIK that's it. I'm also not sure whether or not every iPad user can reproduce these. So the only thing that they're working on are the drain issues.

Hi Merlin,

first of all, let me congratulate you, for excellent work.

I have an Asus AC56U, and use 4G dongle as Internet source.

Dongle Huawei E392:
1. Router recognizes it as Huawei device.
2. Connects successful to my ISP.

Dongle Huawei E3276:
2. Cannot connect to my ISP.

I'm using exactly the same configuration for both dongles, but i cannot get success with E3276 model.

It's a known issue?.....Any missing drivers for it?

Regards.

Hi Merlin,

first of all, let me congratulate you, for excellent work.

I have an Asus AC56U, and use 4G dongle as Internet source.

Dongle Huawei E392:
2. Connects successful to my ISP.

Dongle Huawei E3276:
2. Cannot connect to my ISP.

I'm using exactly the same configuration for both dongles, but i cannot get success with E3276 model.

It's a known issue?.....Any missing drivers for it?

Regards.
I do not think @RMerlin can help you since he does not develop that part of the code. Anything related to Dual WAN functionality is exclusively ASUS code so the ball is in their field. I suggest you ask the same question to them.

Thanks you for quick reply.

I have another issue:

I enabled remote web access in Administration options (port 8080)

But I'm facing very slow performance to access it from WAN. (from local LAN is very quick).

Any ideas?

Regards.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!