What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is the page I went to. I was under the impression this version was stable and not in beta but now I see it in the beta folder. Another senior member here told me to avoid installing the stock 900 series FW and use Merlin instead. My router is running fine with v.378.4585 without any problems. Thanks

378.56 final is in the main folder, while the older 378.56-beta1 and -beta2 are in the beta folders. I just checked, and they're all in their correct locations.

Suggestion (without questioning this particular decision): Add GUI text to answer common questions. It's a usability fix.

E.g. "Wireless > Professional > 2.4 GHz > Reducing USB 3.0 interference" has some hover-text help but it doesn't say that "Enabled" slows the USB 3 port to USB 2 speed and is incompatible with some hard disks. (Is hover-text help obvious enough?)

All the existing texts are in Asus's localized dictionary, which I don't touch, or it will become impossible to merge future changes they make.

Apologies if this is slightly off topic but there have been a few people asking about the overclocking throughout the beta and release threads.

I fully appreciate that ASUS are locking things down and one side affect on this release is that any overclocking is reset upon a reboot and furthermore, the /Tools_Sysinfo.asp page will now always show stock speed regardless of what you have actually set. Is there an idiot's guide on writing some sort of script (via USB?) so that at reboot it will automatically reapply the NVRAM commit please?

Thanks,

HB

Hi, first I want to thank you for this firmware, I use it on three devices in my home!

I also use a Radius server to connect to with WPA2 Enterprise. Is it possible that Radius is broken in this version?
The last beta it worked though.

I also noticed that when I set up native IPv6 I need to manually set a default gateway via SSH to make it route IPv6 traffic, but I don't know if this is version specific.

@RMerlin, many thx for your custom firmware it`s really great, I am owning a AC87U and get some wifi drops on my Galaxy S4 which result in the freeze of the phone after waking up from deep sleep.
Perhaps there are some settings I should adjust in the router? Running .56
Many thx again for your great work.

To enable/disable Jumbo frame and Spanning-Tree Protocol, I need to first set the router to its default "wireless router" mode then modify Jumbo frame, spanning tree, then turn back to Access Point mode...

Could it be possible in this new release to give access to Jumbo frame and Spanning-Tree Protocol when operating in AP mode?

Thanks

Greetings,

Upon upgrading to 378.56 from 378.55 (No Factory Reset) my OpenVPN tunnel is not persistent as it previously was. I have to press ON every time I reboot the RT-AC66U. Is this due to me not doing a fresh factory reset before installing the new firmware or a bug with the new OpenVPN code?

Greetings,

Upon upgrading to 378.56 from 378.55 (No Factory Reset) my OpenVPN tunnel is not persistent as it previously was. I have to press ON every time I reboot the RT-AC66U. Is this due to me not doing a fresh factory reset before installing the new firmware or a bug with the new OpenVPN code?

Start With WAN was unchecked, problem resolved.

Bug Report: Automatically logged out consistently when clicking on either of the SSIDs next to the firmware version at the top of the page. This has been on 56 and later builds derived from the git as the mdnsresponder RAM problem was severe for me. This is on the RT-AC56U after full factory reset and manual entering of settings into the GUI.

This also occurs randomly upon login, and often when attempting to change settings, and is essentially is similar to a problem described in beta 2.

Pablo

A few more details, native IPv6, sshd enabled, estdst corrected for November, guest network on 2.4ghz band but I do not allow assess to non-guest connections, 5ghz band disabled, and QoS is enabled using the A/V mode choice.

dnsmasq is somewhat more configured than other might be, but nothing that I regard as extreme. I know that it has been made more tolerant of certain errors, but my configuration starts fine.

Last edited:
Strange, I have the same router but no such problem. Didn't do a factory reset though as I have no issues requiring one.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

89mIxZj.png

How to change HostName in MAC Address list?
192.168.1.4 ≠ &&&&&iPhone (Device name changed)

Different Device Name in MAC Address list.
How to show Current Device Name in MAC Address list?

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56
for me not possible in this version. Work ok in OFW 9177.
RMerlin please fix this, and please add possibility to edit description also for offline devices (not only via networkmap) It should be one solution for network map, dhcp/static aiprotection/parental control and everywhere where we can add device for filtering etc.

@RMerlin, many thx for your custom firmware it`s really great, I am owning a AC87U and get some wifi drops on my Galaxy S4 which result in the freeze of the phone after waking up from deep sleep.
Perhaps there are some settings I should adjust in the router? Running .56
Many thx again for your great work.

Try disabling beamforming.

I tried running 378.56 up from beta 378.55 on Ac3200 and after a day it stops giving out IP address and I have to unplug the router and plug it back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I tried running 378.56 up from beta 378.55 and after a day it stops giving out IP address and I have to unplug the router and plug it back in

Did you run a factory reset after upgrading to 378.56. And manually add your settings?

Did you run a factory reset after upgrading to 378.56. And manually add your settings?
CiscoX I guess I could try that but That's a lot of port settings and ip settings to do manually.

Check if your security software has any web filtering feature. Edge might be unaffected because it doesn't support plugins yet. There's been some mentions of Kaspersky causing issues with some https websites for instance.
I use Defender with Windows 10, which does not have any web filtering features. My default browser of choice is Chrome Beta (Version 48.0.2547.0 dev-m (64-bit)). The only plugins running are: uBlock Origin which is disabled for the Asus Router webUI, Checker Plus for Gmail and One Click Extension.

But the problem could be that I am using Chrome Beta with some FLAGS enabled.

In the developer tools console I get sometimes two errors when it is taking too long:
Wmw8Ngr.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
kfetFDB.png

-------------------------------------------------------------

ZnuK3Ob.png

Last edited:
378.56 final is in the main folder, while the older 378.56-beta1 and -beta2 are in the beta folders. I just checked, and they're all in their correct locations.
OK thanks.. I neglected to scroll down to the bottom of the page thinking the newest release would be on the top. If I install this version, I presume I will need to do a reset of the router afterward and then set up the SSID's, etc. once again, correct?

That's... not good. Asus's generating a debug log in RAM, and that log will probably constantly grow in size.

At first glance it _seems_ to only get used when generating an archive that contains debug data. I'll disable it for now.

Can /tmp/mDNSNetMonitor.log safely be deleted (mine is 55MB)? Will it be re-created by the process using it?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!