What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I got that very same error today. Started at Dec 22 16:56:00 GMT+1
I'm running 378.56_2

I still had 100mb ram free so that was not the cause... it seemed

Rebooted router and it disappeared.

Based on searches on this forum the smb.log is the cause and the 380.57.alpha's should fix this if i understood correctly

I got that very same error today. Started at Dec 22 16:56:00 GMT+1
I'm running 378.56_2

I still had 100mb ram free so that was not the cause... it seemed

Rebooted router and it disappeared.

Based on searches on this forum the smb.log is the cause and the 380.57.alpha's should fix this if i understood correctly
I also had an issue with bandwidth monitor resetting the httpd connection.

Hello
May I know your average transfer rate from a pc to a network usb storage? i got a 3.0 usb stick connected to the 3.o port and i'm getting ridicolous transfer speeds.. like 500kb /sec.. how could i fix it? or is it related to the thing that i'm using a pen drive? with my old router connected to an hard disk 2.0 ( i don't have it here now )i could achieve 3-5 Megabyte/sec
Also my pen is formatted EXT3
thanks for your help

Hello
May I know your average transfer rate from a pc to a network usb storage? i got a 3.0 usb stick connected to the 3.o port and i'm getting ridicolous transfer speeds.. like 500kb /sec.. how could i fix it? or is it related to the thing that i'm using a pen drive? with my old router connected to an hard disk 2.0 ( i don't have it here now )i could achieve 3-5 Megabyte/sec
Also my pen is formatted EXT3
thanks for your help
What router do you have? Did you disable reduce USB 3 interference in the 2.4Ghz wireless setting?

I got an rt-ac68u , no where do I find that option? Which is the fastest usb format with which I can achieve the best speed? Thanks !

Edit. I found it , should I keep it disabled? Now I get 2 Megabyte average transfer rate , still it's kinda low.. Could it be because of the usb pen?

Last edited:
I have an RT-AC66R. Yesterday it stopped my computer from accessing the Internet. Still not fixed. Comcast had me plug from the modem into the computer and it works. Plug into the router and it does not. Ipv6 not showing numbers for default gateway, DNA servers etc in the router and in network connection details on my computer when plugged into the router. Any help would be great.

Last edited:
I got an rt-ac68u , no where do I find that option? Which is the fastest usb format with which I can achieve the best speed? Thanks !

Edit. I found it , should I keep it disabled? Now I get 2 Megabyte average transfer rate , still it's kinda low.. Could it be because of the usb pen?
What speed do you get plugged in your PC? I think you should turn it back on if you can only connect to 2.4 band. I think it's better that you use the USB 2.0 port.
I use NTFS.

I have an RT-AC66R. Yesterday it stopped my computer from accessing the Internet. Still not fixed. Comcast had me plug from the modem into the computer and it works. Plug into the router and it does not. Ipv6 not showing numbers for default gateway, DNA servers etc in the router and in network connection details on my computer when plugged into the router. Any help would be great.
Howdy,
UNPLUG your modem and router for at least 2 minutes. Turn off your computer. Plug them back in. done

Howdy,
UNPLUG your modem and router for at least 2 minutes. Turn off your computer. Plug them back in. done
I have done that a few times and it did not work. I might just try to manually enter the info and see if that works. It's not obtaining automatically.

What speed do you get plugged in your PC? I think you should turn it back on if you can only connect to 2.4 band. I think it's better that you use the USB 2.0 port.
I use NTFS.

i turned it back on and no actually I use 5ghz to but just my ipad uses that band. now i can achieve 4,5 MB/s , not bad considering that it's a usb-pen but what would it be the speed with a 3.0 usb hard disk? You use NTFS but for a reason in particular? because i come from netg routers where ext3-ext2 was the best option..
thanks!

Hello ..

I have a Problem using ipv6 "Native with DHCP-PD"

if i "restart" the Router , it doesnt find the "wan IPv6 Gateway" so no ipv6 is possible

i had to disable "wan" and reenable it directly after disabling , than he finds the gateway..

i turned it back on and no actually I use 5ghz to but just my ipad uses that band. now i can achieve 4,5 MB/s , not bad considering that it's a usb-pen but what would it be the speed with a 3.0 usb hard disk? You use NTFS but for a reason in particular? because i come from netg routers where ext3-ext2 was the best option..
thanks!
It depends on the hard disk. I'm not too sure I don't have one. However my USB flash drive writes up 30MB. I use NTFS because I use windows. It's format for readability to all my PC should I need to use it. Why is ext3-ext2 better options?

i just experimented today a weird thing.. after 1 day of activity suddenly while i was using my network, all my devices couldn't connected to internet anymore.. both 2,4 ghz and 5.. i mean they were connected to the network but no internet.. only fix was to reboot the router. Also i could access to the webgui of the router normally and also i could browse network folders.. just no internet
what was that? is it common?

asus rt-68u

i just experimented today a weird thing.. after 1 day of activity suddenly while i was using my network, all my devices couldn't connected to internet anymore.. both 2,4 ghz and 5.. i mean they were connected to the network but no internet.. only fix was to reboot the router. Also i could access to the webgui of the router normally and also i could browse network folders.. just no internet
what was that? is it common?

asus rt-68u

I saw a similar thing with 378.56_2 on my 68u. It seemingly came out of nowhere after weeks of uptime. I also noticed that one of the CPU cores was pegged to 100%. Factory resetting and upgrading to 380.57 alpha build (and the official build since then) and havent seen the problem again.