What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I saw a similar thing with 378.56_2 on my 68u. It seemingly came out of nowhere after weeks of uptime. I also noticed that one of the CPU cores was pegged to 100%. Factory resetting and upgrading to 380.57 alpha build (and the official build since then) and havent seen the problem again.
There are debugging logs in the 56_2 that fills up the partition the logs are written to and RMerlin removed it in 57, however, 57 built from asus 1031 GPL introduced a 2.4 band bug related to NAT acceleration. Next build will be better for all flavors of 68"s.;)

Router: AC68U
So I tried to flash this firmware onto my router and it just doesnt work. I did a full reboot before flashing, disconnected the USB hard drive, reset to factory defaults but it just doesnt jump to ANY of the 378. firmwares. I tried flashing the 378.56 one and that didnt work. I also tried to flash the offical asus firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9135 but that didnt flash either. I always upgrade firmware with an ethernet wire. I thought it could be the browser, but I used both Chrome and IE. I also changed PC but it still didnt work.

However, I can flash any version of Johns fork without any problems. I can also flash Merlin's 376 firmwares . So does anyone have an idea to whats happening with my router? Its the first time Ive come across anything like this before. My previous router (n66u) never had any problems with firmware flashing.

I recently did some testing with some firmware and to get back to 378.56_2 on my AC68U from john9527 fork, I went to 378.55 first.

55 May also do the trick I know for sure 53 does.. Seems Asus really has some versions of the 68 totally screwed up lately.

55 May also do the trick I know for sure 53 does.. Seems Asus really has some versions of the 68 totally screwed up lately.
I used 378.55 after seeing it suggested on here that you can use Merlin 378.55 or Asus 376.3626 as a 64 MB ROOTFS version to start with when coming from an older firmware. I haven't tried doing it from that Asus version though.

I used 378.55 after seeing it suggested on here that you can use Merlin 378.55 or Asus 376.3626 as a 64 MB ROOTFS version to start with when coming from an older firmware. I haven't tried doing it from that Asus version though.
There are two things that must be in place to move off the fork to the latest level....
(1) the CFE must be 1.0.2.0 or later for 64MB rootfs support
(2) the code currently running must be able to allocate the space necessary to load the new code. When there was not much difference in size between the 32M and 64M rootfs code levels, you could go directly. As the newer levels have grown, you need a 64M rootfs capable code loaded so that it can correctly allocate the larger space.

I've personally tested the 378.55 and 376.3626 levels to work as the stepping stone with an already updated CFE. (If you need to update the CFE for 64M support, I know that the 376.3626 level works.....378.55 should also work, but I wasn't able to test that one).

Thanks for clarifying that, john9527. When I got my AC68U its CFE was already version 1.0.2.0.

Hi guys
i'm experiecing a little issue that I'm noticing just over time without rebooting the router( now my router has been running without reboot almost 20 days in a row).
The thing is that the router ram gets filled progressively , from 33 % on day 1 and now it's like 52% and there's no way to lower it ( unlesss I reboot). any clues how to fix it? the more it stays up running, the more the ram gets filled up
thank you very much in advance!

The highest I saw my used RAM was around 80% after a few weeks, then I was in the admin pages one day and noticed it had dropped back down to around 30%. I hadn't made any setting changes and the router hadn't been rebooted in that time either. I don't worry about it anymore.

How can I get this firmware to show admin connection logins in the system log? On previous firmwares it would show all 'admin' logins and the IP address that they cam from?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!