What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have 2 of the T-Mobile RT-AC68Us that they have been giving out.

They are rebranded to T-Mobile but can be converted to stock Asus.

There's no indication on the device though which hardware revision these are. Is there some other way to determine the CPU and clock speed?

I just flashed 380.57 and did not (yet) reset NVRAM and everything, including my 2.4GHz connected devices, appears to be working fine.

As far as the nvram reset, how necessary is it really? If it's so important that we do it to clear some settings, why isn't Asus recommending the nvram reset when going to their stock 380.1031 firmware?

What version do you have installed on your RT-AC87U?? Im running Merlins latest 380.57_0 and I have it to.
I have 380.57 but I don't see (MU-MIMO) this feature for some reason.

lLkQtrJ.png

"Are you using IPV6? I noticed delays/issues when using IPV6 in the releases"

Very good trouble shooting. I have found the same thing. With IPV6 enabled there's a pause or a lag for some web sites. I do not know enough about how the dual stack technology works to know exactly what's going on given not all are IPV6 ready and I have, as does everyone I'm guessing, IPV4 still in the mix. But I'm thinking something about switching back and forth?

When I use just IPV4 no lag, no stalls.

Hey guys
So took the plunge and upgraded to 380 on my AC3200.

But now I have the issue of port forwarding to my lan.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Or could it be that now I cannot access my external ip/port from within the internal network?

Is there a setting I need to change to be able to access my external IP from internal like I used to be able to do on stock firmware?

Thanks

Edit... That's exactly what it is. I can access my network via external ip from outside my LAN.
Eg via my mobile.
Can anyone point me to the setting to change to allow access from internal network via external ip?

Last edited:
Hey guys

Or could it be that now I cannot access my external ip/port from within the internal network?

Is there a setting I need to change to be able to access my external IP from internal like I used to be able to do on stock firmware?

Thanks

Edit... That's exactly what it is. I can access my network via external ip from outside my LAN.
Eg via my mobile.
Can anyone point me to the setting to change to allow access from internal network via external ip?
That may be a NAT Loopback issue... Go to Firewall/General and try to change the setting!

Eg via my mobile.
You are probably looking for 'NAT Loopback". There's an option in the "firewall" section to toggle between Merlin's(default) and ASUS's NAT loopback, try it.

OOoops same post from above.:oops:

Hey guys

Thanks

Eg via my mobile.
Firewall > general >nat loopback change setting to Asus if it worked with stock FW , mines on Merlin and has worked with no problems

Thanks, Merlin!

"Are you using IPV6? I noticed delays/issues when using IPV6 in the releases"

Very good trouble shooting. I have found the same thing. With IPV6 enabled there's a pause or a lag for some web sites. I do not know enough about how the dual stack technology works to know exactly what's going on given not all are IPV6 ready and I have, as does everyone I'm guessing, IPV4 still in the mix. But I'm thinking something about switching back and forth?

When I use just IPV4 no lag, no stalls.
Do a google search for 'Happy Eyeballs'......there are various browser implementations, including not at all for IE.....

I updated my AC-RT87U to 380.57 from 378.55, and it seems that despite using the NVRAM save/restore utility (with factory reset after update), the router lost my previous OpenVPN server certs/keys (both server and CA certs) and had generated new ones.

Is that intended behaviour? With previous firmware upgrades the restore utility ensured no manual re-pasting of certs and keys was required. All of the other settings seem to have been restored ok (wifi, wan, manually set IPs, DDNS, etc.)

Other than that the 380.57 has worked like a treat for 24 hours already - thanks Merlin.

I updated my AC-RT87U to 380.57 from 378.55, and it seems that despite using the NVRAM save/restore utility (with factory reset after update), the router lost my previous OpenVPN server certs/keys (both server and CA certs) and had generated new ones.

Is that intended behaviour? With previous firmware upgrades the restore utility ensured no manual re-pasting of certs and keys was required. All of the other settings seem to have been restored ok (wifi, wan, manually set IPs, DDNS, etc.)

Other than that the 380.57 has worked like a treat for 24 hours already - thanks Merlin.
Starting with 378.55 the OpenVPN certs/keys are stored in jffs space and not in NVRAM. I didn't think that a factory reset cleared jffs, although I remember that there was a discussion to maybe change that and have jffs cleared. If you used the save/restore utility, you can run jffs-restore.sh and it should restore your original certs/keys.

Thanks John - that's clear.

Starting with 378.55 the OpenVPN certs/keys are stored in jffs space and not in NVRAM. I didn't think that a factory reset cleared jffs, although I remember that there was a discussion to maybe change that and have jffs cleared. If you used the save/restore utility, you can run jffs-restore.sh and it should restore your original certs/keys.

This happens to me as well with several of the latest Asus and Merlin firmware. At the start of EVERY hour my Synology NAS HDDs wake up from sleep.

I've gone back to a year old Asus firmware for now that keeps my NAS asleep all day if not accessed, tired of testing...

Now I am beginning to get VERY annoyed at this latest release waking up my NAS every freaking hour. Is there a setting in Merlin's software to turn off this feature?

Thank you and Happy New Year.

I purchased Asus RT-AC5300 product from Challenger in Singapore. Any guidance on what I can do for the issues below is greatly appreciated. The results are the same for Asus 3.0.0.4.380.838 and Merlin 380.57. Thank you.

(1) I noticed that "Country Code: SG" is not visible when I used "WiFi Explorer" Application on my Mac to check my WiFi setup and survey WiFi transmission around my home. From Terminal my nvram reveals the following ccode are correct.
  • 0:ccode=SG
  • 1:ccode=SG
  • 2:ccode=SG
(2) There is no option for me to setup 802.11d+h Regulatory Mode, From Terminal my nvram shows the following
  • wl0_reg_mode=off
  • wl1_reg_mode=off
  • wl2_reg_mode=off
  • wl_reg_mode=off
(3) 2.4GHz Channels are missing for Singapore:
  • 12 & 13
Only the following Channels are available:
  • 1-11
(4) 5GHz Channels are missing for Singapore:
  • DFS Channels 52–112, 116,120,124, 128-144
Only the following Channels are available:
  • 36-48
  • 149-165

I just flashed 380.57 and did not (yet) reset NVRAM and everything, including my 2.4GHz connected devices, appears to be working fine.

As far as the nvram reset, how necessary is it really? If it's so important that we do it to clear some settings, why isn't Asus recommending the nvram reset when going to their stock 380.1031 firmware?
if working correctly for you w/no apparent issues then dont reset, your option.
if having issues and cant reslove them then reset for troubleshooting .
dev will usually not offer support until u do a reset.
some fw updates require a reset depending on the code/packages being updated and dev will usually state this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!