What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RT-AC68W Ver B1 upgrade from 380.58 Beta1 to Final with no issues yet.
I have not done a factory reset but did do a reboot.

I suspect that there may be a problem with the 380.58 build for ac66r when using the ac66u version? I have just tried the 380.59 Alpha 1 and it manages to start up without a problem (though I don't like using the alpha versions, but the .58 build just won't start (only in recovery mode) on my ac66r unit. Any ideas?

how come i never see any internet traffic

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
working fine on ac66u

trafficgraph.jpg

I'm on 87u.

Maybe you should send a request to Asus since this thread is about Merlin FW for Asus routers and not Asus app?

Working here, no issues.
Anyone having problem upgrading from 380.57 to 380.58 on RT-AC66R? I tried standard upgrade, restoring to default then upgrade, upgrading to an official Asus firmware then upgrading but everytime it upgrades, it just puts me in recovery mode. So I am back down to 380.57.

Regards,

YES!!
My RT-AC66w is at firmware 380.57_0 I've downloaded RT-AC66U_380.58_0.zip from both the main Mediafire host and the sourceforge mirror1, unzipped with peazip and my router will not load the new RT-AC66U_380.58_0.trx.

Every time I get the error message:
Code:
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

Maybe you should send a request to Asus since this thread is about Merlin FW for Asus routers and not Asus app?
Because I am on Merlins latest firmware and it is not just the app. It's the same way in the Web interface. I've asked this question a few times now and never got a response so I posted a picture. ... because we all know pics get noticed.

Last edited:
The configuration for the VLAN WAN Port is gone. LAN / IPTV / Manuel Config/

Known issue of the GPL code on which 380.58 is based, Asus fixed it in a later release.

Because I am on Merlins latest firmware and it is not just the app. It's the same way in the Web interface. I've asked this question a few times now and never got a response so I posted a picture. ... because we all know pics get noticed.

Your screen shot is of the Ethernet WAN, not the Wireless 5GHz tab. Also in your previous screen capture of the Asus App, it looks like you haven't scrolled down to get to the 5Ghz section. I've tested with my AC87U and both the web interface and the iOS app show the 5GHz traffic when there is a 5GHz client generating traffic.

YES!!
My RT-AC66w is at firmware 380.57_0 I've downloaded RT-AC66U_380.58_0.zip from both the main Mediafire host and the sourceforge mirror1, unzipped with peazip and my router will not load the new RT-AC66U_380.58_0.trx.

Every time I get the error message:
Code:
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.
Unplug every USB drive from the router, reboot and try again

Wired and both wireless work fine. It's the wan port not working.

Works fine for me, what web browser are you using? Any errors?

Works fine for me, what web browser are you using? Any errors?
Any browser. Again it's only wan/Internet traffic not showing. I'm wondering if it's got something to do with how i setup vlans to get rid of my fiberop router. But now that the iptv gui is gone i don't want to mess with it. I'm wondering if the wan is looking at the wrong vlan number

Last edited:
Any browser. Again it's only wan/Internet traffic not showing. In wondering if it's got something to do with how i setup vlans to get rid of my fiberop router. But now rust the iptv gui is gone i don't want to mess with it. I'm wondering if the wan is looking at the wrong vlan number

Make sure NAT acceleration is disabled, as it can mess up with a lot of traffic monitoring.

It might also possibly be a problem related to VLANs if you're using one. The GPL on which 380.58 is based has a few issues related to VLANs.

Make sure NAT acceleration is disabled, as it can mess up with a lot of traffic monitoring.

It might also possibly be a problem related to VLANs if you're using one. The GPL on which 380.58 is based has a few issues related to VLANs.
Nat acceleration is off. Must be vlans

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!