What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Merlin,

I've just rolled back to 378.56_2 on my RT-AC68U...

My internet connection is 3G/4G wireless only, with a Sierra 320U modem on Telstra in Australia. With 380.58 the modem refused to connect. Not for lack of trying! A factory reset followed by a reconfig from scratch made no difference either. After rolling back and restoring my settings I am back in business again.

The router detected the Sierra 320U normally but presumably failed to initialise it or communicate my log-on details...

That said, 378.56_2 has been rock solid for me, but 380.57 was too, except for the 2.4GHz wifi issue that killed it for me.

Cheers,
Rob

Edit: Corrected 380.58 to 380.57 above, but I guess no-one else has any 3G/4G issues?

Last edited:
Hello, any experience with this build and RT-AC3200 ? Does it work/flash correctly ? Does IPTV and movistar triple vlan work ?

Thnx for the new release Merlin!

Should I perform a factory defaults reset when upgrading from .56_2?

Succesfully flashed my RT-AC88U and my IPTV still works. So from my side I say, well done Eric! Good to see your health improving too. Hope you will leave that part behind you soon.

Flashed my AC68U from 378_56_2 without any problem, but as with every 380 release (Asus or Merlin), wired speed is significantly reduced. I kept asking here about this issue since the first 380 release, but I did not get any answer. Speedtest results went from 920 Mbps to 815 Mbps with the same settings.

Thanks Merlin. I will donate again this evening for the release, at it has been a year since last donation.

Your constant effort to improve the WRT-Merlin software for our Routers is much appreciated.

Daniel / Copenhagen

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available for all supported models.

The highlights of this release:

• Merged with Asus GPL 380_1354
  • New advanced tweaks and settings, under Tools -> Other Settings. This includes a setting to disable the hourly networkmap rescans, which could bring NAS and printers out of sleep.
  • Improvements to OpenVPN support and policy-based routing, such as better handling of DNS servers based on client policies.
  • Updated components: OpenVPN, OpenSSL, miniupnpd and udpxy were updated to newer versions
  • Fixed compatibility with the RT-AC68U

Read the changelog for the detailed list of changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Minor thing, maybe you allready know but the manufacturer lookup in the network map section seems to be broken again.

You should because of the 378 to 380 change, you should be able to use John's nvram backup and restore tool to bring forward dhcp reservations and other settings. If you do not reset to defaults after loading new firmware, it might appear to work until some obscure thing hits.

You should because of the 378 to 380 change, you should be able to use John's nvram backup and restore tool to bring forward dhcp reservations and other settings. If you do not reset to defaults after loading new firmware, it might appear to work until some obscure thing hits.

Thnx for pointing me to the tool! Will it save all my settings or do I have to write down some stuff that I changed to be sure...?

Hello Skywalker this is from the read me file:

Installation
------------
Simply flash it like any regular update. You should not need to
reset to factory defaults (see note below for exceptions).
You can revert back to an original Asus firmware at any time just
by flashing a firmware downloaded from Asus's website.

NOTE: resetting to factory default after flashing is
strongly recommended for the following cases:

- Updating from a firmware version that is more than 3 releases older
- Switching from a Tomato/DD-WRT/OpenWRT firmware

If upgrading from anything older and you experience issues, then
consider doing a factory default reset then as well.

Always read the changelog, as mandatory resets will be mentionned
there when they are necessary.

In all of these cases, do NOT load a saved copy of your settings!
This would be the same thing as NOT resetting at all, as you will
simply re-enter any invalid setting you wanted to get rid of. Make
sure to create a new backup of your settings after reconfiguring.

Minor thing, maybe you allready know but the manufacturer lookup in the network map section seems to be broken again.

Works for me. What router model?

Hi! Thank you for your continued work :) Is a factory reset recommended if going from 380.57 (Model RT-AC87u)

Works well for me.
Upgraded from alpha 4.

Before hand i tried 380.59 MU-MIMO alpha and still can't get the internet to connect.
Wonder what the issue could be?

"Memory Management: Regularly flush caches (ARM only) (default: Yes)" setting on my N66U is not Yes and not No (both cleared). Attempting to set it to Yes and pressing Apply don't change Yes indicatior, with reboot too.

Works for me. What router model?
RT-AC66U
I did a factory reset after flashing the update. It only shows the mac adress, device list shows 'loading manufacturer data' only.
I will check again in a few hours after work. Maybe the lookup service was down or smthg.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!