What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A painless upgrade from 380.57 to 380.58, no factory reset required.

Asus is in the middle of implementing support for ISPs with unusual setups such as movistar, and in doing so they broke IPTV for some of the other users. We have to wait for them to fix it in a future release, as I have no way of testing or debugging any of the IPTV support.

Yes, for mostly users iptv over udpxy not working....i wish they fixed this bug in future update....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

In the previous version (380.57), I was having trouble achieving anything close to maximum throughput on downloads on my gigabit fiber connection. I would get about 350Mbps down and 850Mbps up. After updating to 380.58, I'm getting about 900Mbps in both directions. I presume there was some sort of problem with cut-through forwarding or flow acceleration that has now been fixed. But the Changelog only mentions CTF fixes in the context of the VPN, which I've never used. So in case anybody else has been having this same throughput issue, I thought you might want to know that there appears to be a fix in this release.

Hi, I just migrated to this Merlin build from official 9529 build in my RT-AC3200. So far so good, nvram reset was not needed and movistar triple vlan (IPTV, VOIP and Internet) working like a champ!. Thanks and Congratulations for this great firmware Merlin,..

Thanks Merlin, I updated from the Alpha version on my AC68U .
So far no 2.4 wireless dropouts that I experienced with the alpha.
Seems to have fixed not being able to access the admin gui on the browser. Sometimes it would kick you out when you clicked on the web history tab and you have to sign in again. Once I enabled web history the glitch went awa

Only outstanding issue is my Samsung laser printer attached via ethernet is waking up randomly. I went under tools>others ettings and selected NO for Networkmap: hourly full network rescans but no change in this behavoir. The printer isn't waking up as often as it was with alpha, and I will try to time the intervals to see if there is a pattern.

I'm also watching for feedback on the N66 users out there as I'm going to flash my sisters router this weekend with the most stable version available.

Darrin.

In the previous version (380.57), I was having trouble achieving anything close to maximum throughput on downloads on my gigabit fiber connection. I would get about 350Mbps down and 850Mbps up. After updating to 380.58, I'm getting about 900Mbps in both directions. I presume there was some sort of problem with cut-through forwarding or flow acceleration that has now been fixed. But the Changelog only mentions CTF fixes in the context of the VPN, which I've never used. So in case anybody else has been having this same throughput issue, I thought you might want to know that there appears to be a fix in this release.

Which router you are referring?

Been working just fine for the last day or so with zero issues. Honestly I fear the day that you stop making these because I just don't know what I would do. Appreciate the work as always Merlin!

Works for me. What router model?
I have the same issue on an RT-AC68P. The manufactures coming back are mostly wrong or just garbage text. I have three iPads and only one reports as Apple. It thinks my security cameras are HP Printers.

RT-N66U. Downloaded 380.58 from Mediafire from the RT_N66U directory. Attempted to load the firmware and I received the following error "Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again" part way through and the upgrade failed. I downloaded and extracted twice just to be sure.

I then downloaded the SourceForge.net copy and I was able to successfully upgrade the RT-N^^Uusing it.

When I access the router using the URL https://192.168.1.1:8443 I now get a security exception warning from Firefox regarding the connection not being secure. The specific error is:

192.168.1.1:8443 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

I don't believe that I got that error from 380.57, at least Firefox doesn't have a record of my adding an exception was overwritten when I added the 380.58 exception.

RT-AC66U
I did a factory reset after flashing the update. It only shows the mac adress, device list shows 'loading manufacturer data' only.
I will check again in a few hours after work. Maybe the lookup service was down or smthg.
N66 here, works. I have a N10+ as a bridge that appears in the map twice, once correctly identified as Asus, the other showing loading manufacturer data. But all the others showing up fine.

There is no VLAN ID under IPTV when choosing "manual setting". The only way you can set VLAN ID is to use the internet connection wizard and choose "special requirements from isp". Can this be fixed?

There was VLAN ID on 380.57. In my case I need it to access the internet. Although the internet works, I would prefer to see this setting there.

I'm also watching for feedback on the N66 users out there as I'm going to flash my sisters router this weekend with the most stable version available.

The N66 works MUCH better with John's fork then any of these new releases hands down. Just saying flash what you will..

The N66 works MUCH better with John's fork then any of these new releases hands down. Just saying flash what you will..
Thanks Kal, she lives up in Barrie so I want to set and forget. I can remote into any PC but flashing and clearing NVRAM is a different matter.

I come from using Tomato on the N16 which is great, but I like the GUI that Merlin has built. I tried an older version of Johns fork from 2014 on my A68U but the 2.4 wireless was unstable, maybe I'll try it again.

Last edited:
Ac68u flashed final and router ran off and joined dancing with the stars !!!

Ok flash went smoothly all is good nice job as always :)

Asus makes a lot of changes on their end, I don't mention any of them in my changelog. Only the changes I did on top of their own.

192.168.1.1:8443 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

I don't believe that I got that error from 380.57, at least Firefox doesn't have a record of my adding an exception was overwritten when I added the 380.58 exception.

This message is perfectly normal, as the router uses a self-signed certificate. This matches the error message you posted.

There is no VLAN ID under IPTV when choosing "manual setting". The only way you can set VLAN ID is to use the internet connection wizard and choose "special requirements from isp". Can this be fixed?

There was VLAN ID on 380.57. In my case I need it to access the internet. Although the internet works, I would prefer to see this setting there.

Working for me.

vlan-settings.png

is anyone having issues not being able to login the router after alot of activity, I have 20 devices on my network and after awhile if I want to login to tweak the settings, it won't let me it just times out. I have to power cycle the router to get admin access again. I think it has something to do with the web usage or app history filling up some buffer, the router does a reset (I know cuz my samsung printer wakes up) but then it's hung trying to login. Wired and wireless clients continue to function though.

Using router name to acces? tr

If using router name to access, try by ip 192.168.1.1
I didn't know you could login by router name, I've only used the IP address all these years. I'll screenshot the next time it happens.

To be fair, Tomato get's wonky with web usage turned on, if you track too much eventually the router becomes unresponsive and your have to power cycle it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!