What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just updated from 384-18 to 384-19

Have some issue with my AX88U

1) after a few seconds the screen and access to web ui freezes,
2) try refresh and it will not refresh...
3) tried rebooting my desktop - still no go
4) turn off router and then back to step 1 again

but I can get online just fine (posting this while online with this issue on my ax88u)
this works for both ethernet and wifi

and recommendations to remedy this?

View attachment 25458
Probably this -

Several posts on this as @Makaveli states above.

save the JFFS and then restore it
Is it advisable or not to try and restore to a different usb stick with this update, I want to retire my pos 7-11 4gb stick. Could just start all over but lazy.

hello, for information, after the flash of version 384.19 on my Asus ax88u router I had to format the JFFS partition because I had a warning and I had to reboot twice for the partition to be mounted. I don't know if it's normal... thanks to all the developers ! Best regards @RMerlin

Last edited:
Upgraded from 384.18_0 to 384.19_0 on all devices shown in sig. Only issue was a corrupted smbpasswd file on the 86U. Per find that file shows as living in /tmp/etc/samba/ but I formatted JFFS anyway, restored and rebooted. All is well.

Thanks to RMerlin for his dedication to this increasingly complex project. Very much appreciated.

@L&LD Thanks for your help. It's very sweet. After formatting JFFS and doing three reboots, is it necessary to reflash the firmware or not ?

If you've already flashed to 384.19_0 release final, you shouldn't need to. If you find any gremlins though which a quick search doesn't resolve, I would re-do it again from the beginning.

Dirty
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available for all supported models, except for the RT-AX56U (no up-to-date GPL available for that model).

The main changes of this release are the merge of GPL updates, and a nearly complete rewrite of the OpenVPN implementation (functionality should remain mostly unchanged, aside from a few minor things documented in the changelog, and a few bug fixes.)

IMPORTANT: due to a flash partition layout change from Asus on the RT-AC86U, the JFFS partition content for that model may be missing or corrupted following the upgrade to 384.19. Make sure you make a backup of your JFFS partition before upgrading. If you run into issues, then reformat the JFFS partition (don`t forget to reboot), then restore your JFFS backup.

Please see the included changelog for the list of changes.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Dirty flash from 18 on a rt ac 88 u all doing well thanks, as always to our intrepid Eric . Next stop PayPal for some beer money for the "man"you just can't stand still for a minute can you cheer's from isolation central Melbourne Australia also known as Adelaide mode

Updated from 384.18 to 384.19 without any issues as usual. This is rather off-topic, but do anyone know what the required settings in order to get VoWiFi to work?

Might be provider specific. For my provider, nothing was required.

Maybe its asked before, why did they removed that 1 MB from JFFS ? is there some advantage ?

For storing crash data when the kernel crashes. Might be other reasons, but that's the only visible one that I can see.

Great recommendation! When going into airplane mode it activated itself immediately. So I guess it's do to the signal level.

Some Android phones lets you configure when to use Wifi Calling: whenever Wifi is available, only when mobile isn't available, etc...

AC68U upgraded to 384.19.
Wired PS4 cannot connect to the internet, can get IP though.
Tested using Wi-Fi, worked fine.
Currently restored 384.18, the boys are playing the PS4, so can't check other settings.
Any pointers..?

UPDATE:
Tried all of this...

1.Disable DoT
2.Set manual DNS in PS4 (Google/Cloudflare)
3.Flash 384.19, then restore JFFS

All failed to pass the internet connection test.
Restoring 384.18 makes it work instantly without changing any setting.

No one with a PS4..? :)

@RMerlin
If I do not want to update when no updates are found, how do I tell it not to pop-up the firmware update button.... Also how do I stop it from informing me there is an update if there is no available updates.... This is on the RT-AX88U firmware running this new latest version...
1597546997557.png

My ram is down to 67% after the upgrade. I don't ever remember seeing it that low. It has been over 90% lately.
I guesss I better so see what isn't working. :)

I see why now. All, and I mean all, my toys, or script gui's, are gone. :-(
First time I ever had to do a captcha on my router, too.

edit no. 2: I guess my jffs is gone, although the router gui shows the usb storage is ok? Also got a message from putty to accept the new numbers or keep the old. I chose the new ones.
Here goes a try to restore.
Wish me success, I dont' believe in luck.

Last edited:
This is not good..... Restored jffs, and then settings, still nothing....
Anybody have any suggestions? Reformat? Roll back?
amtm command returns "unable to create directory" and "read only"

Wow, nothing is working for me, re-formatted usb, re-formatted jffs, still nothing.

1597558331453.png

Last edited:
Successful "dirty" flash on my RT-AC86U, all running well.
Tested OpenVPN server and client, no issues.
AMTM add-ons all OK from what I can tell.
Seemingly no issues apparent with 86U JFFS resize, but based on a couple of posts here I hit the "Format JFFS partition at next boot" button, rebooted and restored my JFFS backup just in case.

Thanks again @RMerlin !

I assume that as I have 'Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs' set to No, then there's no point in creating a JFFS backup for after updating from 384.18 to 384.19?

I backed up the JFFS partition and upgraded from 384.18 to 384.19. What is the indication that I should restore my backup? I dont use any scripts and not sure if I should do the restore.

What happened to Addons of GUI? Now it opens a new browser tab with help and support links to addons. I cannot find my connmon any more. Earlier I could access connmon from Addons.

Is anyone seeing this also? I have a double NAT setup, modem is setup with a lease time of 86400 sec.. On my RT-AC86U the internet status show the following lease time:
1597570091740.png

Did a FULL reset @L&LD style - first one in ages - probably a good idea for those with RT-AC86U's that have been "dirty" upgraded like mine for some years.
Can't believe how simple and straightforward the process is these days with the firmware's built in amtm :D. Scrubbed JFFS folder and reformatted USB.

Rebuilt everything from scratch yesterday, including RT-AC5300 Aimesh node, under 384.19 - smooth - flawless and rock steady progress.
12+ hours up time so far - all add-ons running on rails - HUGE thanks to all the coders ... @RMerlin @thelonelycoder @Jack Yaz @dave14305 @Martineau @Adamm @cmkelley @Xentrk and all their co-contributors ... who together make "Router Life" so painless for us non-coders {DoubleThumbsUp} :cool:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!