What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is it ok to flash this over 384.7 without a factory reset? Rt-ac68u. Thanks
Yes. After the update, just make sure you clear your browser cache before logging into router.

Yep, works just fine.

Factory resets are still highly recommended for all major release firmware upgrades, but not mandatory.
I have never done a factory reset as of yet. Bought Rt-ac86U few weeks back and installed Merlin from the get go straight from unboxing.

Very nice, thank you Merlin and all others involved.

I noticed that this version has slightly reduced CPU load average and more free memory. A great thumb up!

:)

There seems to be a problem with generating the OpenVPN file. No export button appears, after I press the APPLY button.

There seems to be a problem with generating the OpenVPN file. No export button appears, after I press the APPLY button.
Lots of changes on that page, clear your browser cache, if that doesn't work reset the router to defaults. I'm not able to reproduce this issue.

Update and working fine.
Uptime 0 days 0 hours 29 minute(s) 24 seconds

Wireless=> Roaming Block list
is still there.

Thanks !

That feature is not AiMesh-specific, despite the description Asus has put.

Only thing I have seen there is that custom configuration lines are not being exported with the rest of the openvpn configuration. is this expected?

Works for me. Which model? Post a screenshot of the page.

Only thing I have seen there is that custom configuration lines are not being exported with the rest of the openvpn configuration. is this expected?

This is normal. The custom settings are intended for the server - the router has no way of knowing if any of these would apply to the client as well, so they are not included in the exported file.

WTF seems to be working for me. Getting better ping in overwatch when it's in use.

Should I do I factory reset before I update? I have never done one on my RT-AC86u.

Should I do I factory reset before I update? I have never done one on my RT-AC86u.
If it’s working fine after the update, no factory reset is needed. If you see anything weird start happening, then factory reset.

It depends from which firmware version you are upgrading.

I just upgraded it with a factory reset. The first problem I have is the apply button doesn't work in OpenVPN server. I'm trying to apply servers settings. I tried to apply on edge and firefox.

I just upgraded it with a factory reset. The first problem I have is the apply button doesn't work in OpenVPN server. I'm trying to apply servers settings. I tried to apply on edge and firefox.
I can confirm on this one. Tried changing browsers (chromium, firefox, brave). Was thinking to do a factory reset and since you have the same problem even after factory reset, I think I can save my effort on that XD

Just updated my AC5300. All seems to be present and working. Thanks Eric!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!