What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just reloaded FreshJR's script and all is good :)

Attachments

• B642D983-B95D-45A0-B1A8-7BAE7DB5FC0B.jpeg
    B642D983-B95D-45A0-B1A8-7BAE7DB5FC0B.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 592
Is it safe to directly upgrade my AC66U_B1 from 380.70 to this new 384.8? Or should I use Asus recovery tool to first upgrade to the latest stock 384 (32799)? And then go from stock 384 to this merlin 384.8 without another factory reset?

I am on a VDSL CenturyLink account and it requires PPPoE sign in credentials. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Is it safe to directly upgrade my AC66U_B1 from 380.70 to this new 384.8? Or should I use Asus recovery tool to first upgrade to the latest stock 384 (32799)? And then go from stock 384 to this merlin 384.8 without another factory reset?

I am on a VDSL CenturyLink account and it requires PPPoE sign in credentials. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
You should be fine. You’re making a big jump from 380 to 384, so it’s strongly recommended you factory reset after you upgrade and then enter all your settings manually.

You should be fine. You’re making a big jump from 380 to 384, so it’s strongly recommended you factory reset and then enter all your settings manually.
Factory Reset AFTER the flash to 384.8? So your saying it's perfectly OK to just flash the firmware as I have normally done during the 380 series? All I have to do differently is Factory Reset afterwards?

I have the same issues with VPN page. Buttons seem to not work. See here http://prntscr.com/lq9hdf - looks like some JS issue

I have the same problem on my RT-AC88U
In JS issues i have:
Code:
SyntaxError: expected expression, got '<'[En savoir plus] 1004466:4
TypeError: document.form.vpn_server_custom2 is undefined; can't access its "value" property[En savoir plus] Advanced_VPN_OpenVPN.asp:318:42

check_openvpn_conflict https://192.168.1.1:8443/Advanced_VPN_OpenVPN.asp:318
   applyRule https://192.168.1.1:8443/Advanced_VPN_OpenVPN.asp:439
   onclick https://192.168.1.1:8443/Advanced_VPN_OpenVPN.asp:1

Last edited:
Yes. Flash firmware, then factory reset. Manually input all your settings. Do not restore a backup.
Thank you, everything seems to be working perfectly so far. And to think I was worried for nothing. Just forgot to write down my old SSID's, so now I am forced to redo all my smart devices as well, ugh. lol damn it...

EDIT: By the way Chrome didnt work after the factory reset reboot, it gave me a greyed out page, so I couldn't check the new user agreement. I had to use Edge. But right after that I cleared all my chrome browser cache and logged back in just fine. Everything is aok now. Thanks again

I just upgraded it with a factory reset. The first problem I have is the apply button doesn't work in OpenVPN server. I'm trying to apply servers settings. I tried to apply on edge and firefox.

Know issue, already fixed locally.

To avoid such issues, the set of *.dict files should be revieved to escape all the single and double quotes.

The problem is, some strings requires escaping, and others must not be escaped or it will show the actual backslash in the text, so it's not as easy as just doing a global search & replace.

Asus doesn't do much testing on non-English translations (and neither do my beta-testers since that issue wasn't spotted during the 3+ weeks of beta test), so every once in a while a translated string will break something. French and Italian are two languages that broke a few times over the past couple of years.

Okay, this has never happened to me before. I download and unzip the file. I go to the Administration - Firmware Upgrade panel. I select the trx file, and go upload. It says, "Please Wait, Applying Settings," and reverts back to the Firmware Upgrade panel. Nothing happens. No upload, no installation, no nothing. I've emptied all caches on my machine.

Any thoughts>
Anton

Okay, this has never happened to me before. I download and unzip the file. I go to the Administration - Firmware Upgrade panel. I select the trx file, and go upload. It says, "Please Wait, Applying Settings," and reverts back to the Firmware Upgrade panel. Nothing happens. No upload, no installation, no nothing. I've emptied all caches on my machine.

Any thoughts>
Anton
Double check you have the correct file

Thanks for the update!
I was not able to apply it at first, as I was getting "firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission" etc.
Checksum is ok, path to the file doesn't even have spaces.
Firefox worked fine.

Chrome Version 71.0.3578.75 (Official Build) beta (64-bit), PC connected via ethernet. AC66_B1 (using AC68 image of course).
Not a big deal, most likely related to one of the extensions I'm using in Chrome, as my Firefox is rather "clean".

Any thoughts>
Anton
I had the same (or simmilar issue) - try using a different browser, without extensions.

I've always used Firefox to update f/w on my routers, even going back when using dd-wrt, wasn't Firefox the recommend browser also around these forums?

I've always used Firefox to update f/w on my routers, even going back when using dd-wrt, wasn't Firefox the recommend browser also around these forums?
I think all the browsers have quirks from time to time. I use four different browsers and cycle through them, one always works :)

Double check you have the correct file

I'm embarrassed, but also a little confused. I have an ASUS RT-AC88U (AC3100). I chose the AC3100 directory. I'm not sure what the difference is, but thank you for your reply and help. The file from the RT-AC88U is perfect!

Sincerely,
Anton

I'm embarrassed, but also a little confused. I have an ASUS RT-AC88U (AC3100). I chose the AC3100 directory. I'm not sure what the difference is, but thank you for your reply and help. The file from the RT-AC88U is perfect!

Sincerely,
Anton
I’ve got the AC68U and I’ve downloaded the file for AC86U more than once so there’s nothing to be embarrassed about :)

The only hiccup I see is that the yellow exclamation mark telling me there's a software update remains flashing at the top of the GUI. I've installed the 384.8 on top of the 384.7_2 successfully, and rebooted again just for good measure. I do not have the 'new firmware' notification feature enabled.

The only hiccup I see is that the yellow exclamation mark telling me there's a software update remains flashing at the top of the GUI. I've installed the 384.8 on top of the 384.7_2 successfully, and rebooted again just for good measure. I do not have the 'new firmware' notification feature enabled.

And the Game Boost tab has appeared all of a sudden!

Anton

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!