What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I did installed Merlin FW 384.8_2 on my brand new RT-AC86u right away on the very first boot. I spent all night to configure all my network as it was and the OpenVPN client for CyberGhost with the Policy Rules I need but still all my devices are shown as Upload when Downloading. Missing something?
Take the all ip’s line out and see what happens. You don’t need it in there

I did installed Merlin FW 384.8_2 on my brand new RT-AC86u right away on the very first boot. I spent all night to configure all my network as it was and the OpenVPN client for CyberGhost with the Policy Rules I need but still all my devices are shown as Upload when Downloading. Missing something?
Apologies, I’ve just noticed the second line is for WAN

It appears that download is showing as upload but upload is showing as upload.
Not sure why though

It appears that download is showing as upload but upload is showing as upload.
Not sure why though

yes, that's what i see. I thought this has been fixed in the latest release, should still I apply the rule shown in FreshJR thread?

NOTE:
If does matter i'm using PPPOE connection to the modem.

yes, that's what i see. I thought this has been fixed in the latest release, should still I apply the rule shown in FreshJR thread?

NOTE:
If does matter i'm using PPPOE connection to the modem.
I’ve got FreshJR’s script running already so it’s not making any difference.
Hopefully RMerlin can help

The bandwidth is not limited by upload threshold anymore. If you're referring to the speedometer/graphs, then they still shown VPN client traffic as upload. AFAIK that's an Asus issue.

Good, so it's just a cosmetic issue. Thank you.

Upgraded my AC66U_B1 last weekend; dirty upgrade did not go so well. Even after a reboot the Web UI was slow and some pages lot loading completely, I also noted the signatures would not update either.
First time ever in many years that a dirty upgrade has not worked for myself.

I did a factory reset and everything is spot-on.

Hi all i am new to the forum,
i have a question the about the latest Merlin firmware for the Asus RT-AC86U ver 384.8_2 it is not a .trx extenion its cferom_ubi.w file is this correct?
thanks in advance for the heads up

Last edited:
i have a question the about the latest Merlin firmware for the Asus RT-AC68U ver 384.8_2 it is not a .trx extenion its cferom_ubi.w file is this correct?
It should be a trx file. Recheck that you have downloaded the correct file

i have a question the about the latest Merlin firmware for the Asus RT-AC68U ver 384.8_2 it is not a .trx extenion its cferom_ubi.w file is this correct?
I’ve just dl it and it’s a trx file

Attachments

• 6F4CA4B7-276F-4668-8EFA-68927C0C7696.jpeg
    6F4CA4B7-276F-4668-8EFA-68927C0C7696.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 452

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!