What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

upload_2018-12-19_12-34-59.png

86 != 68...

This link, on the other hand, is definitely for the 68U: https://sourceforge.net/projects/asuswrt-merlin/files/RT-AC68U/Release/RT-AC68U_384.8_2.zip/download

so starting over should the 86u be a .trx also? i thought it should have been hense my post, previous versions were .trx

so starting over should the 86u be a .trx also? i thought it should have been hense my post
I’m not sure about the 86U, I downloaded it a while back by mistake but I didn’t take any notice of what file it was.

That’s good to know! I’m trying to get an 86U after Christmas. OpenVPN has rubbish speeds on my Ac68u

Difference in vpn speed between the 68 and 86 is night and day!

Is there a way to resume a VPN connection when gets disconnected/unresponsive?

Difference in vpn speed between the 68 and 86 is night and day!

Is there a way to resume a VPN connection when gets disconnected/unresponsive?
It should reconnect unless you set it up to block the connection.

Connection get blocked if vpn is not active but doesn't resume in any case.
That’s odd. I have mine setup without block connection and it never drops when it’s not being used and always reconnects if I disconnect manually.

happy to report flashed and updated fine using the .w extension, also i had made a mistake above the previous version was not trx either i was mistaken getting muddled up with my 88u files.

I did installed Merlin FW 384.8_2 on my brand new RT-AC86u right away on the very first boot. I spent all night to configure all my network as it was and the OpenVPN client for CyberGhost with the Policy Rules I need but still all my devices are shown as Upload when Downloading. Missing something?

No, that's a known limitation, one that I can't fix.

Hi all i am new to the forum,
i have a question the about the latest Merlin firmware for the Asus RT-AC86U ver 384.8_2 it is not a .trx extenion its cferom_ubi.w file is this correct?
thanks in advance for the heads up

The RT-AC86U and RT-AX88U use a new filesystem format, these two use .w files.

anyone else getting a closed port on the ssh port over the wan
even though ssh is only enabled on the lan?

Untitled.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!