What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to try IKE v2 VPN (which I believe is new), but:
  1. The username/password I added with supported IKE version "v1 & v2" does not get saved (the old v1 only credentials are still there)
  2. I'm not sure how to set this up on iOS. Where can I find instructions?

AC86
A few questions about the new version.

4. The description for the firmware says that aimesh nodes can now broadcast guest networks to their coverage area. How to see or understand this?
My part of devices (smart home) will still connect to Aimesh Router, although they are closer to Aimesh Node.

You would be scaring me if you also said the same DSL modem too;)
The whole thing scared me. Cranking up Green Day -> Warning!

I want to try IKE v2 VPN (which I believe is new), but:
  1. The username/password I added with supported IKE version "v1 & v2" does not get saved (the old v1 only credentials are still there)
  2. I'm not sure how to set this up on iOS. Where can I find instructions?
Delete the old credentials first, apply then add. In that config page there are links for windows, iOS, MacOS and android on how to set those clients.

Hi
A question for other users like me having issues with Let's Encrypt.
If you tried to revert to 384.19, certificate works or not?

Thanks

Hi
A question for other users like me having issues with Let's Encrypt.
If you tried to revert to 384.19, certificate works or not?

Thanks

Did not work. I did a 30 30 30 reset after downgrading to merlin 384.19 and also tried asus stock firmware

You would be scaring me if you also said the same DSL modem too;)
Having a flashback to my DSL modem back in 1995... at the time it was 2Mbps which was considered INSANE FAST. Good times.

Did not work. I did a 30 30 30 reset after downgrading to merlin 384.19 and also tried asus stock firmware
I can't believe we are still seeing this reference to the 30-30-30 reset that is from old, old DD-WRT days of early Linksys routers. It no longer applies to anything from Asus made in the last decade. Please search for the many posts on how to do a proper full factory reset of Asus routers.

Dirty upgrade to 386.1 Beta from 384.19 went smoothly. So far no issues. Not using VPN or Mesh, so just basic setup for now.

I can't believe we are still seeing this reference to the 30-30-30 reset that is from old, old DD-WRT days of early Linksys routers. It no longer applies to anything from Asus made in the last decade. Please search for the many posts on how to do a proper full factory reset of Asus routers.

Not so bad the old days.... any way made the reset.
Thank you for the information:
1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
5. Reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.

The Merlin version 386.1 beta has VLANs different from the official: doesn't have VLAN 501 and 502 when I run command "robocfg show".

Not so bad the old days.... any way made the reset.
Thank you for the information:
1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
5. Reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.
Hard Factory Reset is not the same for all Asus routers.
See: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074/

The Merlin version 386.1 beta has VLANs different from the official: doesn't have VLAN 501 and 502 when I run command "robocfg show".

No, VLANs are identical to stock. Asus changed things with 386.

I have the extra stuff at the bottom on the VPN Server page. Router is RT-AX86. See image.
1607391585352.png

Having a flashback to my DSL modem back in 1995... at the time it was 2Mbps which was considered INSANE FAST. Good times.
When I was in college dorms in 1996 we had 100Mbit Ethernet access to the Internet, complete with a static routable public IP address. It was especially good because my university was part of UCAR, so we had extra good network speeds. That ruined me for home internet access for decades. Running Quake servers was amazing. I refused to even consider renting or purchasing anywhere that didn't at least have megabit service, which was fairly rare back then.

When I was in college dorms in 1996 we had 100Mbit Ethernet access to the Internet, complete with a static routable public IP address. It was especially good because my university was part of UCAR, so we had extra good network speeds. That ruined me for home internet access for decades. Running Quake servers was amazing. I refused to even consider renting or purchasing anywhere that didn't at least have megabit service, which was fairly rare back then.
Yeah, we had access to the good stuff at Uni on campus too. Ahhhh... those were the days. But 2Mbps at home was nice. How far we've come.

[QUOTE = "heysoundude, post: 639351, lid: 49937"]
dat klinkt meer geschikt voor een script voor mij. [USER = 53009] @Jack Yaz [/ USER] lijkt de systeemmonitoringscriptgoeroe hier in de buurt te zijn ... misschien kan iemand hem vriendelijk vragen daarnaar te kijken, misschien als een verbetering van een van zijn bestaande creaties - scMerlin, misschien ?
[/CITAAT]
:)
since when did I speak Dutch?

@heysoundude, please take this kindly, but I always knew you weren't speaking Greek, to me, but it isn't English. Lol... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!