What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With reference to my earlier post at

Can anyone help me out? Specifically:

I keep encountering the following error when trying to upgrade my Aimesh node firmware from 384.19 to 386.1 beta 1:

View attachment 28379

What should I do to resolve this?

Thanks.
I recommend flashing it to beta Stock firmware and then flash to new merlin beta

Have any users of the RTAX88U on Beta 386 here experienced finding wireless radios randomly turned off?
I've had sporadic issues with both 2.4Ghz disappearing and 5Ghz doing strange things with channels on both AX88U master plus AX56U nodes. I think there's still something wrong with the stock binaries out of RMerlin's control.

384.19 dirty update to 386.1 B1 here on AX88U (AiMesh router), AC5300 and AC88U (both AiMesh Nodes on ethernet backhaul).

AC5300 can no longer be detected as a node, otherwise all else appear to work fine.

Edit: Downgrading AC5300 to 384.19 solves the problem.

Last edited:
When I connect to my AiMesh routers often "WPS" is not activated on main router.
(That shall automatickly activates when searching for Aimesh nodes)
I have to manualy turn it on and after that connecting fine over wifi.

I have the same issue. Is it related to X3 and R3 encryption? I don't understand this part really. Here is an example I found before.

What kind of debug can I do about this issue? What is the location of letsencrypt certificate? How can I force a new letsencrypt certificate?
Whit alpha version and same settings it worked.

on ax88u there is no net to net

I think that might be a little like saying "My computer cannot be programmed in C". You might not know C, but that doesn't mean that your computer doesn't "have" it. :)

I'm sorry if this has been already brought up but I ran into an issue with Beta and had to flash back to the stable release.

I have the 2.4 and 5 bands split. I set the 2.4 band to isolation mode and then create a guest network for my IoTs on that band. Finally, I run a VPN client with policy based routing to tunnel all IPs except the ones I add as exceptions. The issue is that somehow the Beta build is issuing guest network IPs on a completely different subnet (192.168.101.0/24) than the LAN (192.168.50.0/24) and everything breaks once the VPN rules get applied. I didn't have that issue with the stable build. Is that a bug or a feature? If it is a feature is there an option to disable it?

Last edited:
Have any users of the RTAX88U on Beta 386 here experienced finding wireless radios randomly turned off?
I have not noticed this on mine. Been running the beta on my AX88U for 4 days now.

I'm sorry if this has been already brought up but I ran into an issue with Beta and had to flash back to the stable release.

I have the 2.4 and 5 bands split. I set the 2.4 band to isolation mode and then create a guest network for my IoTs on that band. Finally, I run a VPN client with policy based routing to tunnel all IPs except the ones I add as exceptions. The issue is that somehow the Beta build is issuing guest network IPs on a completely different subnet (192.168.101.0/24) than the LAN (192.168.50.0/24) and everything breaks once the VPN rules get applied. I didn't have that issue with the stable build. Is that a bug or a feature? If it is a feature is there an option to disable it?
It's been mentioned several times that Guest Network 1 will use a different subnet, but other guest networks will behave as you expect, using the same subnet as the router.

I put the release version of the stock firmware on an AC68U and added it as a node to an AC86U running Merlin's beta, and the issues I was having before seem to be resolved.

This could easily be due to something unrelated, maybe the additional factory reset or the second JFFS format, but it has been an hour, and everything seems to be talking properly.

I have a site to site config working between an AX88U and an AC68U with beta 1..... As others have said, it's just about configuring things the right way....

can you send a screenshot net to net on beta1? I'm whit ax88u stable 384.19 and I don't have net to net in gui.

can you send a screenshot net to net on beta1? I'm whit ax88u stable 384.19 and I don't have net to net in gui.

Does this help? i.e. configure bi-directional access from the OpenVPN server to the connecting Client LAN using the GUI

1607700533576.png

@RMerlin .. Eric.. in the official Beta Firmware, there is a problem with the Guest network ignoring block internet access and time scheduling for clients attached to any of the 3 possible SSIDs, Is this something in the closed source section of the code or is this "by design" or can/do you enforce this adherence in your code? Thank you for all you do for us..

Everything related to wifi is closed source and outside of my control. The parts that aren't are undocumented, and will have to be handled by Asus.

It's been mentioned several times that Guest Network 1 will use a different subnet, but other guest networks will behave as you expect, using the same subnet as the router.

You could just try defining a route for those subnets through the VPN, which is something that YAZFI does not do yet.
EDIT:

1607711312402.png

Just for my OWN satisfaction, YaZFi works on Guestnodes provided 2 stipulations are met. 1st stipulation is that Intranet access must be disabled.( this will allow normal traffic to work between guestnetwork interface and node interface). 2nd stipulation ,For VPN access portion to work, a simple route must be defined for the route of the Node networks to the VPN.. @Jack Yaz

1607707318620.png

(IF YOU USE THE SCRIPT BELOW YOU DO NOT NEED TO DEFINE VPN ROUTES......)
IF you want clients to be on the same subnets ,Upon further manipulation of DNSMASQ, I made clients that connect to nodes apart of the same Network by using dnsmasq.postconf....
Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh
pc_delete "dhcp-range=br1,192.168.101.2,192.168.101.254,255.255.255.0,86400s" $CONFIG
pc_delete "dhcp-range=br2,192.168.102.2,192.168.102.254,255.255.255.0,86400s" $CONFIG
pc_replace "dhcp-option=br1,3,192.168.101.1" "dhcp-option=br1,3,192.168.2.1" $CONFIG
pc_replace "dhcp-option=br2,3,192.168.102.1" "dhcp-option=br2,3,192.168.5.1" $CONFIG

###important to note you have to change the guest network address in the script to match yours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!