What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had sporadic issues with both 2.4Ghz disappearing and 5Ghz doing strange things with channels on both AX88U master plus AX56U nodes. I think there's still something wrong with the stock binaries out of RMerlin's control.
Did you check if universal beamforming is turned off? It might be on after resetting to factory defaults.

Has anyone else had issues with updating the Trend Micro signatures with the Beta 1 software? I have an RT-AX88U and an RT-AC86U on two completely separate networks that both report "sig rsa check error", aborting the update. "sh -x /usr/sbin/sig_update.sh" appears to complete successfully with
Code:
+ echo ---- < sig_ver, Do upgrade ----
+ nvram set sig_state_flag=1

"sh -x /usr/sbin/sig_upgrade.sh" fails after downloading new signature with the rsa check error.

Has anyone else had issues with updating the Trend Micro signatures with the Beta 1 software? I have an RT-AX88U and an RT-AC86U on two completely separate networks that both report "sig rsa check error", aborting the update. "sh -x /usr/sbin/sig_update.sh" appears to complete successfully with
Code:
+ echo ---- < sig_ver, Do upgrade ----
+ nvram set sig_state_flag=1

"sh -x /usr/sbin/sig_upgrade.sh" fails after downloading new signature with the rsa check error.

Yes, it says last updated December 8th, and it proceeds to (seemingly) update.

My AC-86U now shows 2.204. I didn't notice what it was before, but now it says "Updated : 2020/12/11 14:34"

Yes, it says last updated December 8th, and it proceeds to (seemingly) update.

My AC-86U now shows 2.204. I didn't notice what it was before, but now it says "Updated : 2020/12/11 14:34"
Mine is at 2.204 on one router and fails trying to go to 2.208.

Hmmm, mine now shows 2.208 Updated : 2020/12/11 14:34. Maybe the version just hadn't updated before.

Do you have anything in Skynet or elsewhere that might get in the way? Although obviously, that wouldn't cause a hash check fail...

Did you check if universal beamforming is turned off? It might be on after resetting to factory defaults.
Why, is it known to cause these issues? I was seeing the problems with inSSIDer rather than experiencing client disconnects.

I get this answer in let's encrypt forum for my issue:

"If the certificates are getting issued by the Asus device software but then not actively used on the device, it seems like the Asus software has a bug (as it's an integrated solution that's failing to act in an integrated way). Is there a way to ask Asus or its community for help with this?

There is one change that recently happened in Let's Encrypt's services (a new intermediate certificate used to issue subscribers' certificates) which could have broken some software if it hard-coded too many assumptions about how Let's Encrypt works. I don't have any evidence that this is relevant to the problem that the two of you are experiencing, but the timing would match up if this worked well in the past and suddenly stopped working recently."

Anyone?

I get this answer in let's encrypt forum for my issue:

"If the certificates are getting issued by the Asus device software but then not actively used on the device, it seems like the Asus software has a bug (as it's an integrated solution that's failing to act in an integrated way). Is there a way to ask Asus or its community for help with this?

There is one change that recently happened in Let's Encrypt's services (a new intermediate certificate used to issue subscribers' certificates) which could have broken some software if it hard-coded too many assumptions about how Let's Encrypt works. I don't have any evidence that this is relevant to the problem that the two of you are experiencing, but the timing would match up if this worked well in the past and suddenly stopped working recently."

Anyone?
It looks like RMerlin has included a fix since Beta 1 was built. Once Beta 2 is available we can test again

rc: always copy LE certs to /etc on httpd start · RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng@a800293 · GitHub

Reactions: GDT
Have any users of the RTAX88U on Beta 386 here experienced finding wireless radios randomly turned off?
Just found your post as I was looking to see if anyone else was having the issue - my AX88U's radios both turn off at random intervals since updating to 386.1 beta 1.

Attachments

• 47ADDB8C-5B51-4B40-9825-5A33F72AFEBE.png
    47ADDB8C-5B51-4B40-9825-5A33F72AFEBE.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 164
It does do the same on the surface, but isn't PPTP inherently insecure, even with L2TP?
Don't have any into depth knowledge on security. I only know it offers 128 bit end to end tunnelling.

After flashing to BETA 1 and doing a FULL reset (from GUI, reset button & WPS), these are my issues:

1. My script to access my modem no longer work.

/jffs/scripts/nat-start
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 30
# Allow modem access (also wan-start)
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan0_ifname` -j MASQUERADE
exit

/jffs/scripts/wan-start

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 30
# Allow modem access (also nat-start)
ifconfig `nvram get wan0_ifname`:0 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0
exit

2. I can no longer access the GUI of my Synology NAS.

3. Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list was halved from Max Limit 128 to 64? Why???
Screenshot_2020-12-12 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX88U - DHCP Server.png

Screenshot_2020-12-12 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX88U - DHCP Server.png

4. Cake-QOS wont work anymore.

Reverted to the latest Alpha build and re-configuring everything from scratch, I don't have these issues. I'm pretty sure I reset the router. I even flashed to the stock firmware, reset, then flashed to the latest BETA and reset, but no go. I'm scratching my head here.

5. WAN connection is lost when I change my OpenVPN client connections. Sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes to get an internet connection. I have to toggle the WAN connection or need to reboot the router.

Last edited:
Asus rolled out Version 3.0.0.4.386.41249 officially for RT-AX88U. I guess 386 build is now final for stock asus code.

That's weird... I tried that and it didn't work.
You have to also make sure you disable intranet. like i did in the first step. You really don't even need to define the routes if you choose to the dnsmasq.postconf scripts i did. I can confirm it works 100%, but i also use X3mrouting which may be helping push those routes with policy based routing. there is one downside you can only do one network at a time, if you try to do both 2.4 and 5ghz at the same time this way it appears to be unstable or will not work. I first tested with only the 2.4 and it worked perfectly. I think it has to do with how the rules a placed in for the guest network.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!