What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to do steps 3 and 4. That is likely your issue. If you just do 1,2, 5, then 6, it should find and add the AC68u accordingly. I have the same 2 router setup as you in AIMesh mode and this has worked for me several times. Hopefully it works for you! Also, make sure the nodes are close together unless you have them connected via ethernet backhaul.
Yo mate.. thanks.. I will attempt it again after factory reset of the AC68u and not connect to it. Is there any required settings for the AX88 other than being an Aimesh node? I tried both wired and also not setting anything after reset on AC68u yesterday but can't find it. Might well be steps 3 and 4. How long did you have to wait after factory reset before starting to add the node? I did it after I saw the wifi of the AC68u come up as ASUS and ASUS5G.

Thanks.

Happy New Year mate!

Make sure WPS is turned on on main router. I have seen many time its not.
Shall attempt again later.
WPS was turned off. I just turned it on and it's 2.4Ghz showing status as Idle. Do I need to set/reset the WPS PIN? I have not used WPS before. WPS client is not set but the radio button says "Client PIN code" although it is empty.

Happy new year mate.

Going back to Beta3, had a heck of a time with Aimesh. Turns out you need to disable Ethernet Back haul first, to get the nodes back on. Once on, then enable Ethernet Backhaul assuming your Aimesh nodes have wired uplinks.. Added one node, would stay on for a few then drop, couldn't add the other until I disabled Ethernet Backhaul, and it took me awhile to figure that out too.

I wanted to use Aimesh with wired uplink as my place is longish and there's very poor reception at the other end. I have a wire linked between the 2 ends of my place. Hoped to use it with Aimesh. But if Ethernet backhaul doesn't work i probably need another solution.

Shall attempt again later.
WPS was turned off. I just turned it on and it's 2.4Ghz showing status as Idle. Do I need to set/reset the WPS PIN? I have not used WPS before. WPS client is not set but the radio button says "Client PIN code" although it is empty.

Happy new year mate.
No just turn it on on main router.

Seeing these errors.. should I be concerned?

=========
CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set
cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
br0: received packet on eth2 with own address as source address
cfg80211: Exceeded CRDA call max attempts. Not calling CRDA
[tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2
bcm_i2c: bus 0: Failed to detect SFP: 100 retries exhausted
==========

Not sure what I might be doing wrong. Still can't add my AC68u to the Aimesh when I searched for nodes. The AC68u is on latest ASUS firmware. My AX88 is on Beta3, WPS turned on.

Is your Ethernet backhaul using the WAN port on the node router? That looks like a network loop to me.
Yes mate. I tried.. factory reset AC68u...

Option 1 :
Ethernet backhaul from LAN of AX88 to WAN port of AC68u

Option 2 :
Leave it factory reset and searched for AC68u from AX88u after the power/2.4/5ghz lights are on after rebooting

Still no go.
I haven't done anything much to my AX88 config so not sure what might be wrong.

Is there a log somewhere to view?

1609681567050.png

1609681467053.png

Yes mate. I tried.. factory reset AC68u...

Option 1 :
Ethernet backhaul from LAN of AX88 to WAN port of AC68u

Option 2 :
Leave it factory reset and searched for AC68u from AX88u after the power/2.4/5ghz lights are on after rebooting

Still no go.
I haven't done anything much to my AX88 config so not sure what might be wrong.

Is there a log somewhere to view?
A simple suggestion - wait maybe 10 minutes after the factory reset of the AC68U. I have found it takes a while to be stable before I can add mine. If I try too quickly I don't find it, or when I try to add it the first attempt fails.

All these temperature post I find amusing considering much of this was discussed years ago and everyone was saying ignore the temps its normal.

Anyways it depends on the revision for the AX88U version 1.0 CPU wait is off by default. On Version 1.1 cpu wait is on by default.

Is there a way to check the rev from the firmware? Router is cabled and not easy to physically access without disconnecting.

So what you’re saying is rev 1.1 will run cooler than 1.0? Is that correct?

For me while using this beta I had to setup my (node) as a wireless router default,first then I connected the wired back haul and setup it as a node
0EFCEDBC-7239-46F9-B4A0-C77F7D78BF11.jpeg

Is there a way to check the rev from the firmware? Router is cabled and not easy to physically access without disconnecting.

So what you’re saying is rev 1.1 will run cooler than 1.0? Is that correct?
Running version on both 1.1 here. My temps.

15F2567A-D1A9-420F-9C54-115252A02EB3.jpeg

I find the title of this forum misleading. We are now, at the time I posted this, on beta 3. Is it possible to alter the title to just say 'Asuswrt-Merlin 386 beta'?

Hi all,
I'm now again on Merlin 386.1 beta 3 because I like the features of Merlin's firmware and also because I had some drops of wifi connection on latest stock firmware.

The problem of the Bandwidth Monitor/Traffic Analyzer is still there for RT-AC86U also on new Asus beta 9.0.0.4.386.41535.

It seems that Asus fixed the problem only for the RT-AX86U and not for the RT-AC86U.

I hope that they will fix it soon, bandwidth monitor and traffic analyzer/statistics are completely unusable on new releases, while they're working without problems on latest stock firmware 3.0.0.4.386.40451.

About the CPU temperature on 386.1 beta 3, afted reactivating the CPU wait states (pwr config --wait on) I have 2.4 GHz: 43°C - 5 GHz: 52°C - CPU: 72°C. Only 5°C higher if compared with stock firmware and very far from the 80/85°C that my Rt-AC86U reached with the CPU wait states set to off.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!