What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT-AC1900P coming from 384.19 (known good reset and restore after playing briefly with Alpha 2 & 4).

I finally bit the bullet and did a full reset and manual reconfig after a "dirty" upgrade to beta1. With 30 devices, two VPNs, and a media server, it took about two hours to get everything nailed down. The result is that I no longer have a flood of "time wait bucket table overflow" messages in the log. However, the WAN will still die if I change any of the VPN settings. It has run solidly for 12 hours with no issues otherwise. Running Skynet and FlexQOS just fine (I usually run YazFi, too, but don't need guest wifi right now and wanted to wait to see if any bugs there were resolved).

Is it recommended to uninstall all addons and remove flash before updating?
Or even more - do factory reset before upgrade and then one after?

I have a UNRAID "Server" direct attached - the network card is a Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller

No config at all ...

View attachment 28290
Thanks, is it possible to enable LAN 2,5Gbps port after config router?

You are using the first guest wifi. Switch to the second.

Thanks. Removing the first guest network and opening up a second seems to have cleared the error for me. Strangely enough, my clients are now connecting at a faster channel speed. Prior, it was 20, now it is 80. Perhaps just a coincidence.

Brad

Thanks, is it possible to enable LAN 2,5Gbps port after config router?

I don't understand the question. There are no options to enable, disable or config the LAN ports...

I don't understand the question. There are no options to enable, disable or config the LAN ports...
My port all are 1Gbps speed and I want change speed on port 5 to 2,5 Gbps.
I there any option/function to change after router is configured?

My port all are 1Gbps speed and I want change speed on port 5 to 2,5 Gbps.
I there any option/function to change after router is configured?

As far as I know there are no options (in GUI) to configure the speed of a single port. The link speed is set by Autonegotiation.

As far as I know there are no options (in GUI) to configure the speed of a single port. The link speed is set by Autonegotiation.
Ok, thanks. I test that.

I flashed Beta1 and did a factory reset. There are two errors, the letsencrypt error and I can't load more than one VPN Client at a time without losing wan connection. Other than that it's running great.

I'm also having issues with Let's Encrypt on my RT-AX88U

I did a full factory reset after upgrading and wanted to get a new certificate. When I switch on Free Certificate from Let's Encrypt in the GUI it just stays at "Status: Authorizing" .

My log contains this
Code:
Dec  7 10:01:41 rc_service: httpd 1269:notify_rc restart_ddns_le
Dec  7 10:01:41 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart ddns_le)
Dec  7 10:01:41 start_ddns: update WWW.ASUS.COM update@asus.com, wan_unit 0
Dec  7 10:01:41 inadyn[18648]: In-a-dyn version 2.7 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Dec  7 10:01:42 inadyn[18648]: Failed resolving hostname ns1.asuscomm.com: No address associated with hostname
Dec  7 10:01:42 inadyn[18648]: Failed to get IP address for update@asus.com, giving up!
Dec  7 10:01:42 inadyn[18648]: Update forced for alias hodgetts.asuscomm.com, new IP# 94.0.104.43
Dec  7 10:01:45 inadyn[18648]: Updating cache for hodgetts.asuscomm.com
Dec  7 10:01:46 kernel: [Mon Dec  7 10:01:46 GMT 2020]
Dec  7 10:01:46 kernel: Domains not changed.
Dec  7 10:01:46 kernel: Skip, Next renewal time is: Thu Feb  4 14:26:11 UTC 2021
Dec  7 10:01:46 kernel: Add '--force' to force to renew.

Okey, got it working now.

2.5Gbps-port.jpg

2.5Gbps-ethernet-port.jpg

Not only FlexQoS, with Beta1, Merlin (Asus) native Adaptavite QoS dont work for me, without full reset for now. FlexQoS .

What I have seen and it has been strange, and I imagine the story may come, is that despite having AiProtect and QoS enabled, the Router indicates that both, Runner and Flow Cache are enabled. Previously Runner was always disabled for QoS. If I force to disable Runner by nvram the interface appears disabled by QoS, but when I restart QoS to see if it works, Runner is enabled again

So to be clear you now now are running Beta 1 on the AX58U and FlexQoS is working correctly? Does the native Native QoS Classification tab work properly as well?

Would that be something that's change from 384.19?

No, there has been no change that I'm aware of related to that in 386.1.

Is it possible to restore the IP guest on the network to the same as it was before? Guest network machines should be able to communicate with each other.
In a word, yes. But I must qualify my answer. In the 386 code base Asus has made it possible to extend the guest WIFI across nodes. To maintain LAN security, the first (left most) guest WIFI for the 2.4 and 5 GHZ sets different IP subnets from the router LAN subnet. The 2.4 GHZ I guest uses 192.168.101.0/24 and the 5 GHZ first guest uses 192.168.102.0/24. The router can assign one of 253 IP addresses in each subnet. The only bug I have found in this is when you try to change the device icon or reserve the IP for a device in the first guest WIFI. The 2nd (middle) and 3rd (right) guest networks still assign IP addresses in the LAN subnet. The first guest WIFI can be synced to the nodes (and it works well for me) while the 2nd and 3rd guest WIFI stays on the router.

So to be clear you now now are running Beta 1 on the AX58U and FlexQoS is working correctly? Does the native Native QoS Classification tab work properly as well?

No. FlexQoS is completely uninstalled, but QoS still doesn't work for me in Beta1, stock Adaptive QoS. It is "curious" because apparently the acceleration by Flow Control and Runner remains enabled, despite using QoS and AiProtect. Maybe that's why it doesn't work, I don't know. In the previous version, when QoS or AiProtect was enabled, Runner was disabled.

Is it possible to see the cpu load and temperature of all nodes in an overview? (administration> temperature)
that sounds more suited to a script to me. @Jack Yaz seems to be the system monitoring script guru around here...maybe someone can ask him nicely to look into that, perhaps as an enhancement to one of his existing creations - scMerlin, perhaps?

Last edited:
I'm having (and had on a previous Beta code the same exact issue - FlexQoS. Never got it to work at all. Reverted to mainline Merlin code and it was fine.
This is why I wait for the full release rather than messing around with alphas or testing betas: I need my network to work, and I don't have the chops to troubleshoot or the time to wait for responses with directions (the network users here are impatient for their connection to work, work well, work transparently...).
It's all well and good to be enthusiastic about firmware updates/upgrades, but unless you can roll up your sleeves and dig in to help Merlin with figuring out the esoteric aspects of why code isn't performing as expected, it's that 3rd rail in the subway - stay away unless you really know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!