What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried the time scheduler (aiprotection)? It doesn't work correctly for me (it doesn't block the connection of the IPs as I program it). Maybe there is something I am not doing correctly, but I'd like to know if the same thing happens to someone.

I posted in separate thread but received no responses. Sorry for the cross-post but I now believe it to be an issue in the RT-AC86U beta firmware.

In summary, I cannot access the Internet from iOS phone and iPad devices running 14.3 when running the router RT-AC86U VPN client. The iOS devices connect to the Wireless AP successfully but cannot access the Internet. The issue exists for 386.1 beta 2 and beta 1 for iOS devices. I was previously running 386.1 beta 1 with iOS 14.2 devices, until they were updated, with the router VPN client without any issue.

Windows 10/8.1 laptops and Android devices connect no problem to the Internet with the router VPN client running (Always have).

I reverted to release RT-AC86U_384.19_0 and all devices (including iOS 14.3 devices) connect as expected with the router VPN client running. As I updated all my iOS devices from 14.2 to 14.3, I unable to do further testing with iOS 14.2 (which worked on all
Asuswrt-Merlin versions).
Did you perform a Factory Device Reset/format jffs after upgrading (at least to beta 1)?
That has been solving a number of issues.

Has anyone tried the time scheduler (aiprotection)? It doesn't work correctly for me (it doesn't block the connection of the IPs as I program it). Maybe there is something I am not doing correctly, but I'd like to know if the same thing happens to someone.
IS this on the Guest network ? It works fine on the Main 2.4 and 5Ghz.. My experience is that it doesnt work on Any of the guest networks.

Hi,

I've RT-AX86U with extra aiMESH node RT-AX55, should I wait till Merlin firmware for RT-AX55 is also there or can you combine?
Like RT-AX86U on AsusWRT-Merlin 386.2 Beta and RT-AX55 on 386 RC2 9.0.0.4.386.41157

Thanks in advance

IS this on the Guest network ? It works fine on the Main 2.4 and 5Ghz.. My experience is that it doesnt work on Any of the guest networks.
It's on the main wifi... I've done a beta 2 installation. I followed the procedure recommended by Merlin. Then I've manually configured the router. The Gui tells me that access for that IP is being blocked, but if I test the internet connection from that device, I can see that it does have access.

@RMerlin Seeing this in the logs:
Code:
Dec 16 06:26:57 RT-AX88U-0000 kernel: D0:C1:93:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't update it's ip
I have a Access Point an AC68U connected by ethernet to my AX88U running 386.1 B2. The client above has a static address, and works fine. Weird!

Hi,

Does anyone know why Aimesh is dropping connection quality? I'm using AC68U as main router and Ac 66u b1 as Aimesh but when i watch YouTube or streaming, its keeps buffering. Sometimes i need to waits like 10-15 sec to play YT video. When i watch YT is in 1080P the video quality is like 240 or 360p.

Does anyone have this issues?

well if it's a known issue then why do people keep on posting about it then
Because people don't do their own research before posting a question to the forums.

Hmmm.. Where is the right thread? I'm using
Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta

thats why i asked here.
Asking question about AiMesh function/config in this thread would be right place for 386.1 beta release. Keep on asking...

Because people don't do their own research before posting a question to the forums.
I agree that many don't research too well.

In defense of this, I believe it needs to be noted that, at the very top of the forums webpage, there is a Search box. It actually does quite well.

One other recommendation - the very first drop down list lets your search the entire SNB site, all threads, this forum (i.e. Asuswrt-merlin) or this thread (the one you are presently reading).

I typically start at This Forum, moving to This Thread depending on the the results.

Try this - put kernel: protocol in the search box and select This forum (or This thread).
Works quite well

Last edited:
The thing is anything that is close source in regards to AiMesh should be posted inside the official 386.1 beta thread. There's nothing RMerlin can do about AIMesh and any errors/message that reflect in the log tied with this feature!

Ok, I understand the search thing and I searched everywhere, but I haven’t found an answer to, “Will there be any issues other than the log messages if I leave my guest network set to #1??? I have two ax88u, main and node. Need to use aimesh for the node. Moving to 2/3 would defeat the purpose of aimesh 2.0”, relative to the known bug in post #2. I’m currently using 384.19 and waiting for the production release.

I've had to toggle the Ethernet Backhaul to get wireless clients to use the node.
After sometime (<2 hours >1 day) I'll see that nothing is connected to the node.
Toggle the settings, presto, clients on the node again.
Not all clients, just the ones I'd expect to use the node vs the router.

I have let ASUS know, just wondered if anyone else using ethernet backhaul sees this.

Ok, I understand the search thing and I searched everywhere, but I haven’t found an answer to, “Will there be any issues other than the log messages if I leave my guest network set to #1??? I have two ax88u, main and node. Need to use aimesh for the node. Moving to 2/3 would defeat the purpose of aimesh 2.0”, relative to the known bug in post #2. I’m currently using 384.19 and waiting for the production release.
What's about the ASUS WRT Official section in ASUS Wireless ?

There is one thing following the upgrade - connmon ping slowed down a bit.

You may have connected to a different server with your ISP on reboot...
question: why are you running both connmon and spdmerlin? I lean towards thinking that's unnecessary redundancy and processor/connection load

It's on the main wifi... I've done a beta 2 installation. I followed the procedure recommended by Merlin. Then I've manually configured the router. The Gui tells me that access for that IP is being blocked, but if I test the internet connection from that device, I can see that it does have access.
Wait a few mins or disconnect the client from wifi and then try connecting again.

Upgraded to beta 2 right over 384.19 with no issues. I have a plain setup. Everything running well. Thank you, RMerlin.

Update to my last post - updated to beta2, all good! Thank you, @RMerlin !!

Configuration:
RT-AC68U, 386.1beta2, FlexQos, VPN Client with Policy Routing.
54% memory usage, 26+ clients.

Screenshot from 2020-12-16 09-49-58.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!