What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
- CHANGED: Use local OUI database instead of remote one hosted
on Asus's server (allows queries to work even when
accessing webui over https)

Is the local OUI database up to date? I ask because there‘a no data for my iPhone or iPad. I believe previously there was.

edit:

i checked https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-me...826ac154/release/src/router/www/js/ouiDB.json and the MACs are just missing. That’s why B2:8B:30 and 1E:CA:E0 don’t show as Apple.

From what I can tell elsewhere, it looks like OUI hasn’t updated to include those, so I guess this never worked.

Never mind.

Last edited:
Smooth upgrade to 386.1_2

I just updated my AX86U to 386.1_2

My Xbox Series X NAT type is now Moderate due to UDNP. I hard reseted my Series X and AX86U and still had the same issue. Anyone else have the same router and Series X to verify? It’s on a wired connection and not wireless.

I had to set the DMZ to my Series X to get it to NAT Open again in the meantime.

I have both the AX86u and a Xbox Series X. I just upgraded to 386.1_2 from 386.1. When I fired up the xbox, it was not getting a ipv6 address but the NAT was open. I rebooted it and it now has both ipv4 and ipv6 and the NAT is open. I dont enable QOS and I did not change the Enable GeForce NOW QoS UPnP control (it is defaulted to Yes).

Just went from 384.19 to 386.1_2 and briefly saw the GUI showing new version but now the GUI won't load. All devices work.

Maybe because too busy to update the db? I don't want to power it off now in case its working hard at something.

1613237960384.png

see the second post in this thread.
Thanks, I knew I've read about this somewhere thus what I was saying and was not under panic... ;-)

Those who are impatient and panic and restart while db is in the works, that may be a cause a of problems later.

This is probably a dumb question, but considering the amount of flashing I did today, I want to check.

As previously mentioned, in the process of trying to upgrade to 386.1_2, I had to install the ASUS official firmware in rescue mode, downgrade to 384.19 and then finally upgrade to 386.1_2.

I then restored the config and JFFS backups I made from 386.1. Should I be good?

@Morac I would guess, 'no'.

You are asking for issues doing the combination of steps you did.

Particularly with the problems you've been reporting in the last few days, I would follow the suggestions below to get your router/network to a good/known state where the router is using the expected defaults of the firmware it is currently running.

Once you are satisfied after a couple of days that the router/network is stable, save a backed-up copy of the config and JFFS settings then.

What you have now may work for a few days, a week, or indefinitely, in your specific network environment. But if any issues do crop up, they will be that much more difficult to track down and squash.

A full/proper reset now will give you peace of mind and a very good beginning on the 386.xxx codebase too.

I

am

not

a

robot.

i-am-not-a-robot-not-a-robot-15984976.png

A full/proper reset now will give you peace of mind and a very good beginning on the 386.xxx codebase too.

I did a ”full/proper reset” after upgrading to 386.1 (8 days ago). Everything was working fine, except I couldn’t upgrade to 386.1_2.

If I do a dirty upgrade from 386.1 to 386.1_2, should I do a format JFFS at next reboot,

No.

I tried to update to the official ASUS Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 and am getting the same error message.

Flash it in Recovery Mode.

The firmware validation code is closed source, so I have no way of knowing on which specific test your upgrade fails.

Wanted to add. The speed test on the AX58U works very well.

Attachments

• Speed test (2).jpg
    Speed test (2).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 99
Anyone know what this is referring too? Or is it more log spam?
Code:
Feb 13 10:00:01 RT-AC68U-B790 kernel: URGP=0 MARK=0x85840041

Smooth upgrade from 386.1 to 386.1_2
If i am allowed to use memes: Asuswrt-Merlin is 20% cooler than any other Asus router firmwares :cool:

And it's not even just GN2 . It happens on GN3 too!! And when it does that thing. It'll just freeze the clients on main 2.4ghz radio. It won't be able to reach the internet or local network. Usually it calms down after 10 mins or more. Sometimes it doesn't. And to fix it well u need to reboot . Or in ssh just do "radio off 0" then do "radio on 0" . It'll restart the 2.4ghz and it'll work again.

Although I haven't tried running 2.4ghz without guest networks enabled. Since i need my IoT devices to be connected to the internet.. so I don't know if it's just a guest network problem or the whole 2.4ghz . It's been stable here just fine on 384.19 ... Just for info, what's your bootloader ver? Mine is 1.0.1.0 . New late 2020 unit i guess.. what's yours?

The issue I'm seeing doesn't go away till a reboot.

How do I check the bootloader?

I did a ”full/proper reset” after upgrading to 386.1 (8 days ago). Everything was working fine, except I couldn’t upgrade to 386.1_2.

As no issues you've described have happened to others (including myself and my customers' routers moving to 386.1_2), then I am assuming everything 'wasn't' fine.

Up to you how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!