What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
upgraded from b5 on ax88. no issues. thanks Merlin!!!

Okay, 2x RT-AX86U's upgraded to 386.1 final.

15 minutes after flashing the wired (2.5GbE) node, I flashed the router.

One hour later, I have rebooted the network via AiMesh, System Settings, System Reboot method.

Immediately after rebooting the two routers and the computer I was using, this is the fast.com results I got (note: both the router(s) and the computer are still 'settling').

View attachment 30016

Time to open a nice cold bottle. :)

Edit: And this is what I get when waiting for the equipment to settle down after 15 minutes or so.

View attachment 30017

Edit 2: And (below), back to normal after about one and three-quarter hours from the last reboot.

These Betas were a good stress test of the RT-AX86U's. :)

Now time to do a full/Nuclear reset on them with this firmware and latest scripts clean installed too.

With 'dirty upgrades' beginning with Beta 1 and each additional Beta as they become available, these results are fantastic.

I can't wait to see how the network behaves when fully reset and properly set up on 386.1 final (tomorrow or Monday).

(Equipment: 2x RT-AX86U's in wired (2.5GbE backhaul mode) on a Fibre, 1Gbps up/down symmetrical, ISP connection).

View attachment 30025
I only have 25Mbit vdsl, but when i went to 386.1, i was getting 1.1 Gbps also!!! :) . I seriously hate everyone that has fast internet. (joking)

I will stick with 386.1 on AC86U.

The temp seems ok:
386.1 b2: 72-74°C
386.1 b3: 84°C
386.1 b5: 76-77°C
386.1 final: 76-77°C

It looks like Wi-Fi Site Survey had a major UI update and in the process may be broken.

It is not picking up any wi-fi networks aside from the router. Does anyone else experience this?

Edit : OK I got working. You have to click on "enable data collection" in the Configuration sheet.

Even though there are syslog errors, is that actually a real issue with Guest Network 1

It could indicate lost packets, since the error messages are about traffic not getting properly routed through the interfaces.

I believe I read over on the Asus Official forum area that Asus is aware of the AC86U increased CPU usage (and heating) and is working on the issue.

The issue has been fixed in 386_41700, the code that disabled CPU wait has been removed. I actually see the code.

Give it a rest guys, 80C for that CPU is perfectly normal. That CPU has a throttle limit of 100C. Enough already.

It could indicate lost packets, since the error messages are about traffic not getting properly routed through the interfaces.

The issue has been fixed in 386_41700, the code that disabled CPU wait has been removed. I actually see the code.

Give it a rest guys, 80C for that CPU is perfectly normal. That CPU has a throttle limit of 100C. Enough already.
maybe thats why stock firmware doesn't even show the temp at all.

I thought we were all done this with b5.... sigh...

I will stick with 386.1 on AC86U.

The temp seems ok:
386.1 b2: 72-74°C
386.1 b3: 84°C
386.1 b5: 76-77°C
386.1 final: 76-77°C
mine is at 80c-81c. Given the environment temp right now, I consider it to be normal at 386 firmware (was at 75c-76c at 384).
ASUS and Merlin said its fixed, then it's fixed :)
Congrats to the 386.1 release merlin. Finally!:D

Upgraded from 384.19 on the AC68U.
I now get a low NVRAM warning, usage is 64023 / 65536 bytes. Is there an easy way to free up space or is a factory reset the best option.

Dirty Upgrade from 384.19 on the AX-88U

No problems so far.
Disabled USB flash drive (remove USB via GUI) prior to upgrade with all the scripts on it.
Then reboot once after it finished and again after 5 minutes. All seem to be working as it should.

Thanks Merlin

Anyone else got AC3100 here? I am unable to go from beta5 to release. Don't want to nuke settings if I can avoid factory reset.

View attachment 30027

This was another browser compatibility issues. Just before I followed @L&LD advice and do a firmware recovery tool, I tried in actual Chrome browser instead of my default edge (which too is based on same Chromium code). Looks like Asus tested this page only with Chrome, and with chrome it worked just fine. So if you are getting "To Comply with regulatory amendments" error please try once in Chrome before you do anything else.

1612063200702.png

Dirty upgrade from 384.19 on RT-AX58U. All seems to be working great! Speeds are up a bit. Thank RMerlin!

HTML5 Speedtest
Download 847.35Mbps Upload 993.12Mbps Ping0.90ms Jitter0.17ms

Trying out the new Aimesh and it seems almost all the issues I've been having with wifi connectivity have kind of vanished.. fingers crossed!
Thanks Merlin!

Dirty upgrade from B5 on both routers....once again...so far so good. Hope to get some good uptime with this one now! Thanks @RMerlin

Dirty uneventful upgrade from 384.19 on a RT-AC1900P. Thank you Merlin and those that were beta testers and provided feedback.

Issues / feedback:
Ac 86U time scheduling still NOT fixed.
Still not solved if you plan to used this feature. Don’t update!!!

I did a full reset due to a few things going to beta 5 and have NO issue with time scheduling. It works as advertised. When was the last time you did a reset?

I should add I'm on AX88U.

Issues / feedback:
Ac 86U time scheduling still NOT fixed.
Still not solved if you plan to used this feature. Don’t update!!!
I remember a while ago having issues with time scheduling and I remember going into Administration/System and changing the DST time to something, but I can't remember which one to change.
I believe is based on your Time Zone. Once I changed it, scheduling started working again.

Maybe someone here can tell you which one to change and to what.

Attachments

• time.PNG
    time.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!