What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The speed test on the QOS section only shows 200/50 on my 500/50 connection. From all other devices, speed shows as 500/50. Is there an issue with the speed test?

RT-AC86U after dirty and clean upgrade from official 3.0.0.4.386_41634 to 386.1 firmware version, stop working FTP server. In home network all working, from others networks no connection. Upgrade back to official and FTP working good again. In view list shown not all connected devices. In original firmware shown all connected devices.
And one more thing, how can I activate language selection on chinese RT-AC86U. Now I have only English and Chinese language selection.

Last edited:
My SMB was going slow (max 3mb/s LAN) so I reverted back to previous release. Working fine now (minimum 7mb/s and faster)

Router:AX88U

A dirty upgrade didn't work for me on RT-AC86U, it wouldn't load the web interface after boot. So I did a hard reset and set everything again.

Everything seems fine, except that I'm getting a bunch of these messages on the log all the time:

Code:
Jan 31 23:10:04 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth6
Jan 31 23:10:09 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth5
I too am getting this error running guest network and propagating it to the an AI Mesh node.
I'm using Merlin 386.1 on ax88u (base) and ax3000 (mesh node). If I enable Guest Network only on the base unit (i.e. do not propagate guest net to the mesh node) I do not get the error. As soon as I enable guest network on the mesh node, I get the error ~ 10 - 20 errors per second.
I have HW reset both the base and the mesh node, but the error shows up as soon as I enable guest network and then allow the guest network to be broadcast from the mesh node.

Why Asus Instant Guard and IPSEC Server cant work?

At my iphone said "The VPN server did not respond".

View attachment 30181

Is it because of Skynet or any other script?
Hi,
When I occasionally run into similar issue (eg. weak cellular signal), via trial & error (cannot explain the logic) I normally use the following workaround that seem to work for me each time:
  • go back home, Connect my iPhone to my Home Network directly, run Instant Guard on iPhone. I suppose the iPhone and the Router with 386 FW exchanges some information. Instant Guard connection gets established.
  • Thereafter, I have my iPhone connected to either Cellular Data or a different WiFi Network or external Hotspots, I found that Instant Guard will work again.
  • I assume that you take care of the secret key in IPSec VPN Server configuration correctly,
    • either you predefine it with secret key of your choice before setting up Instant Guard, and Instant Guard honours it or
    • if you setup Instant Guard before IPSec VPN Server, it will auto generate a cryptic secret key (which I don't like) which you need to use for IPSec VPN.
    • Instant Guard is IPSec VPN under the hood.
Hope you get your Instant Guard working :)

PS: I have not setup AMTM yet, so no Skynet nor Division Scripts that I normally use yet ... waiting for a week or two before I do that.

My SMB was going slow (max 3mb/s LAN) so I reverted back to previous release. Working fine now (minimum 7mb/s and faster)

Router:AX88U

I was testing Transfers from my Desktop to the NAS and I don't see this issue. Getting normal speeds.

386.1 SMB transfer speed.png

Runing 386.1 on my main AC86U since yesterday. I took time to flash it, because I really need Guest networks on my nodes too...

Both radios on my AC86U work without problems, so it is not routers fault. Also, I made Hard reset before and after flashing 386.1 firmware. Jffs partition was Also format trd.

Well... Sigh...

1.) There is no internet connection, when client connects to guest ssid on 2.4 GHz radio. Tried open system (no password), WPA2, synced with mesh node, not synced... Everything. There is SSID but when connecting to it, no internet. Still, it works on 5 GHz radio...

2.) Whenever I make (single) changes in wifi (scheduler, guest wifi, professional settings...) configuration , internet connection goes down. I have to reboot the router to establish the connection again. Modem is in bridge mode, but it is not its fault. What the hell?!

3.) Disabling 2.4 GHz or 5GHz radio button in wifi "Professional" settings still does not do a damn thing. Router shows that the radio is disabled, clients show SSID is still there... Totaly useless... Totaly annoying...

All in all, the things I NEED are still useless, for me no changes for a few releases now...

OK, answering myself...

The radio disable button in GUI DOES work on the router; what I found out was, that my AC68U NODE was still transmitting. You have to disable 2.4 radio on the node after you disable the radio on your main router... Go to AiMesh ->Select the Node -> Management -> Disable 2.4 GHz Radio

Number 1. and 2. are still riddles for me... :D

Dirty upgrade from b5 to 386.1. No issues, all working as expected.

Just don't know how to make the JFFS partition writable[mounted?] or determine if is full, and if so, what to do about it.

If you can`t get SSH running, then you will have to do a factory default reset (make sure to also check the checkbox to initialize all settings), and reconfigure everything.

You could try making a backup of your settings first, and after doing the reset + initialize, restore your settings. That would restore the vast majority of your settings, but leave you with a clean JFFS partition.

AC86U clean install with hard reset. Apparently the guest network bug is happening on AC86U too.. with it enabled (guest 1) the logs are being spammed with the buggy line. Also because of that, the main 2.4ghz SSID is slow now. Like 3megabits per sec etc slow. And it's unreliable. Sometimes my phone says it can't connect to the internet. And even then I can't even open router IP. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I just disabled guest network 1 and it seems to be fixed. Gonna report again if I noticed anything else
The error likely due to
from changelog
"And numerous changes under the hood, such as enhanced Guest Network handling (the first Guest Network can now be shared with AiMesh nodes)."

Using Guest2/ Guest3, no error.

Known issue:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-1-is-now-available.69783/post-657230

Maybe the two deleted areas should be mentioned in the change log/open issue list...?

No, because they are not known issues. They are most likely related to your JFFS partition being filled or having issues, as these settings are stored ther.e

RT-AC86U after dirty and clean upgrade from official 3.0.0.4.386_41634 to 386.1 firmware version, stop working FTP server. In home network all working, from others networks no connection. Upgrade back to official and FTP working good again. In view list shown not all connected devices. In original firmware shown all connected devices.

You have to enable WAN access to your FTP server. This is disabled by default for security reasons.

If you can`t get SSH running, then you will have to do a factory default reset (make sure to also check the checkbox to initialize all settings), and reconfigure everything.

You could try making a backup of your settings first, and after doing the reset + initialize, restore your settings. That would restore the vast majority of your settings, but leave you with a clean JFFS partition.
There is a problem at least as far as I'm concern with "format jffs partition" in the web GUI whereas the jffs comes up unmounted after the reboot. I have not experience this in the 384 branch, only in 386.

RT-AX88U HW Ver: A1
Made in China

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!