What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does updating the main router to 386.1 on mesh system also update the nodes? Or do I need to update each one individually.
You will need to update them individually.

I'm trying to update my RT-AC88U from 386.1 to 386.1_2 and I'm getting the following error. I've confirmed that the RT-AC88U_386.1_2.trx file's sha256 hash is correct. I've also tried rebooting the router.

1613193029029.png

I did a factory reset after upgrading to 386.1 and set it up by hand. I never had a problem updating prior to this.

Edit:

I tried to upgrade to the Feb 9 386.2 alpha and got the same error.
I was able to "upgrade" to 386.1_0 again (which was already installed), but for some reason I can't get any 386.1_2 or 386.2 alpha version to install.
I'm not sure what's wrong.

When I downloaded RT-AC88U_386.1_2.zip only 5 other people had downloaded it.

@RMerlin Is the RT-AC88U 386.1_2 release bad?

Last edited:
I'm trying to update my RT-AC88U from 386.1 to 386.1_2 and I'm getting the following error. I've confirmed that the RT-AC88U_386.1_2.trx file's sha256 hash is correct. I've also tried rebooting the router.

View attachment 30686

I did a factory reset after upgrading to 386.1 and set it up by hand. I never had a problem updating prior to this.

Edit:

I tried to upgrade to the Feb 9 386.2 alpha and got the same error.
I was able to "upgrade" to 386.1_0 again (which was already installed), but for some reason I can't get any 386.1_2 or 386.2 alpha version to install.
I'm not sure what's wrong.

When I downloaded RT-AC88U_386.1_2.zip only 5 other people had downloaded it.

@RMerlin Is the RT-AC88U 386.1_2 release bad?

I got that message too when trying to upgrade my remote RT-AX86U over an OVPN Server connection. Tried upgrading the second time and it worked fine. Had no such error message when trying to upgrade the RT-AC86U AIMESH node over the same OVPN connection. Nor upgrading an RT-AC5300 AIMESH AND a second RT-AC86U Main on a local network.

I got that message too when trying to upgrade my remote RT-AX86U over an OVPN Server connection. Tried upgrading the second time and it worked fine. Had no such error message when trying to upgrade the RT-AC86U AIMESH node over the same OVPN connection. Nor upgrading an RT-AC5300 AIMESH AND a second RT-AC86U Main on a local network.

i‘m trying to update over LAN. Tried several times and all gave the error. Tried 386.1 and that worked and tried 386.1_2 again and it failed again. My RT-AC88U just won’t take it.

Problem here too, but another error-message when trying to flash 386.1_2 on my AX86U.

AX86U.png

...and I checked twice that I'm using the correct image/model and the SHA-256 checksum is correct ;)

YDkfa7p7NZ.png

I just updated my AX86U to 386.1_2

My Xbox Series X NAT type is now Moderate due to UDNP. I hard reseted my Series X and AX86U and still had the same issue. Anyone else have the same router and Series X to verify? It’s on a wired connection and not wireless.

I had to set the DMZ to my Series X to get it to NAT Open again in the meantime.

Same recommendations as usual folks: first reboot your router, with no USB disk plugged in, if you are having problems flashing a new release.

I just downgraded both my RT-AC88U and RT-AX86U to 386.1, re-upgraded to 386.1_2 without any issue.

Last edited:
Have just upgraded from 386.1.0 to 386.1_2 on my AX58U and can no longer login!!!
It says my password is wrong. And I did not forgot my password, I am 100% sure I am using the correct one. Is there a way to reset my password?

Just updated my RT-AX58U and RT-AX86U it's working fine. (I have my SSD plugged in and no reboot before updating)
Uptime: 0 days 0 hour(s) 32 minute(s) 41 seconds

Thank you RMerlin for new build's

Have just upgraded from 386.1.0 to 386.1_2 on my AX58U and can no longer login!!!
It says my password is wrong. And I did not forgot my password, I am 100% sure I am using the correct one. Is there a way to reset my password?
yes factory default reset

I still have the same speed and wireless problems.

upgraded from 386.2 alpha to 386.1_2 > factory reset,
having DDNS update issue with tunnelbroker.net - Request error! Please try again.
log showing 500 internal server error.

Code:
start_ddns: update WWW.TUNNELBROKER.NET default@tunnelbroker.net, wan_unit 0
inadyn[1630]: In-a-dyn version 2.8.1 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
inadyn[1630]: Update forced for alias xxxxxx, new IP# xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
inadyn[1630]: Temporary error in DDNS server response:
inadyn[1630]: [500 Internal Server Error]
inadyn[1630]: Will retry again in 600 sec ...

tried to manual update the endpoint ip in tunnelbroker.net website, successful updated and ipv6 is working.
but under router DDNS tab still showing "Request error! Please try again.",
internet status also showing exclamation mark with "registration is successful" message.

another issue, always stuck at "Applying Settings..." in DDNS tab
(after insert info and click on apply button, no problem.
click apply button again, got stuck).

thanks @RMerlin.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2021-02-13.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2021-02-13.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_2021-02-13 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - DDNS(1).png
    Screenshot_2021-02-13 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - DDNS(1).png
    152.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_2021-02-13 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - DDNS.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-13 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - DDNS.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 112
Yeah that is weird. Mine is fine on 384.19 now. Stable for a week . Weird. It could be a guest network issue on 386.1 but I was using just guest network 2 and 3 since i know to avoid guest network 1 for now.. i did have aiprotection enabled. But idk if that affects things tbh.. hmm weird. Did you upgrade it to 386.1 from 384.19 without resetting or what? I'm trying to figure out if it's because some default settings on 386.1 that's causing my issue.... Thank you!

I upgraded from 384.18 to 386.1, I skipped 384.19 entirely.

I done a reset as well.

Have you got or tried setting 2.4ghz to 20mhz only, and turning off all the universal beamforming stuff?

If I do a dirty upgrade from 386.1 to 386.1_2, should I do a format JFFS at next reboot, or is that not necessary?

Thanks

SSH with Ed25519 cryptography on Rmerlin 386.1 with RT-AC86U?

FW changelog:
384.16 (5-Apr-2020)
- NEW: Added ed25519 support in Dropbear (themiron)

Is this mean, that I can create SSH keypair with Ed25519 cryptography, copy/paste a public key to Authorised key on the router GUI and SSH to it?
Any experience with it would be nice, as I can not find it here.
I'm assuming you're using windows? this article should cover it; use the ed25519 option in PuTTYgen and copy/paste the public key to the GUI under administration > system > service > authorized keys:

Last edited:
Would you recommend enable or disable STP for performance and gaming?

Same recommendations as usual folks: first reboot your router, with no USB disk plugged in, if you are having problems flashing a new release.

I just downgraded both my RT-AC88U and RT-AX86U to 386.1, re-upgraded to 386.1_2 without any issue.

I powered off my RT-AC88U, removed the USB flash drive, powered the router back on and am still getting an error flashing. The error is that the firmware is not compatible.
The error appears after about 15 seconds of "Please wait, Applying Settings...".

Invalid Firmware Upload

To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified our certification rule to ensure better firmware quality. This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware. Please check our official websites for the certified firmware.

I even tried doing a factory reset and initialize again and then immediately tried to update to 386.1_2 and got the same error.

Again I'm not sure what else to do. The only thing unusual I did recently was perform a factory reset and initialized all config and set everything up by hand.

Edit:

I tried to update to the official ASUS Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 and am getting the same error message.

Last edited:
If I do a dirty upgrade from 386.1 to 386.1_2, should I do a format JFFS at next reboot, or is that not necessary?

Thanks
Not necessary

I powered off my RT-AC88U, removed the USB flash drive, powered the router back on and am still getting an error flashing. The error is that the firmware is not compatible.
The error appears after about 15 seconds of "Please wait, Applying Settings...".

Again I'm not sure what else to do. The only thing unusual I did recently was perform a factory reset and initialized all config and set everything up by hand.
Are you sure you downloaded the Correct Version of firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!