What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, the upgrade from 384.19 to 386.1 on RT-AC5300 Missing Game Mode. In the new version 386.1_2 still Missing Game Mode on RT-AC5300
Upgrade to the latest 386.1_2.

- FIXED: Missing Game Mode on RT-AC88U

which host os/platform are you using? I'm *buntu on an old intel atom
Mint 20.1 Ulyssa sABERTOOTH 990FX 6-Core model: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T brave Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit). I don't use brave all that much because I don't understand it. But I noticed in the lower left corner an upload counter which ran to 100% after which the fw update hung. That was the end of it after clearing cookies solved it for me.

Btw, the u/g to _2 was flawless, fast, and I see no issues. Thanks to all.

Edit: I did not remove the usb drive at any point, including before/after the cookie flush.

Last edited:
What are your values for nvram at 386.1_2?
RT-AC68U, NVRAM usage: 64414/65536 bytes
Is this normal?

Maybe a random glitch but I think I haven't seen this before:

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1_2 something missing in GUI .png

Logged in with MS Edge and Firefox. Same result. I have rebooted the router at least twice after updating to 386.1_2 and router uptime was only 16 hours when I noticed the problem. Refreshing the browser didn't affect the situation. Had to reboot the router. After that the GUI was OK again.

RT-AC68P
Flashed 386.1_2 over 384.18, without reset, without issues. After flash, internet worked, but since I don't like flashing whole new codebase without factory reset I did hard reset (turn off router, WPS button, turn on...).
That's where it gets interesting. I couldn't enter GUI to setup internet after. Tried few times, tried resetting it with RESET button, but nothing worked. Until I noticed router in no longer on 192.168.1.1.
For some reason it switched to 192.168.2.1. I don't remember this happening before, so take notice if you are hard resetting it.

When I finally managed to reach GUI, I just changed it back to 192.168.1.1 in settings.

Device: RT-AX58U
Background: Previously installed firmware version was 384.19. Upgraded first to 386.1_2 and then downgraded to 386.1 (and then eventually back to 384.19).
The problem: have a Cisco switch (CBS250-8P), and after upgrading both to 386.1_2 and 368.1, I cannot reach to it any more. Can ping it though (via router), but deviced behind the switch do not work. When reverting back to 384.19, all things work just fine. No other changes made, just upgraded/downgraded the firmware - did work with 384, did not work with 386, and then worked again with 384.

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with Chromecasts disappearing off the network? A few of mine go AWOL off the Google Home app, but are still visible in the network list on the router.

Got a RT-AC86U(main) and a RT-AC68U (mesh), after upgrading to 386.1 my main router reboots if there is to much traffic - any ideas?
It was stabile on 384.18 (did a clean flash on both routers).

portforwarding, ipv6 and ddos protection is enabled.

Got a RT-AC86U(main) and a RT-AC68U (mesh), after upgrading to 386.1 my main router reboots if there is to much traffic - any ideas?
It was stabile on 384.18 (did a clean flash on both routers).

portforwarding, ipv6 and ddos protection is enabled.
386.1_2 is the latest version
Also, ddos protection adds significant overhead. Any particular reason you turned it on?

Last edited:
Maybe a random glitch but I think I haven't seen this before:

Logged in with MS Edge and Firefox. Same result. I have rebooted the router at least twice after updating to 386.1_2 and router uptime was only 16 hours when I noticed the problem. Refreshing the browser didn't affect the situation. Had to reboot the router. After that the GUI was OK again.

What happens when you clear the browser cache or do a "shift-f5" (or ctrl-f5 in some browsers)?

Is there an option to turn off logs for:

1613389596798.png

My Log server is getting flooded with these after rssi log messages.
If I change the option to Log only messages more urgent than Notice, it still sends logs to the log server.

I didn't see this before.

386.1_2 is the latest version
Also, ddos protection adds significant overhead. Any particular reason you turned it on?
Upgraded to 386.1_2 - still the same, removed ddos prot - i fickeld with it on earlier releases so just added it because it was on before - nothing more.
Monitoring the routers now, hope it works now (if not i have to revert back to 384).

@ATLga Removed DHT from my torrent client, looks like that was the issue, could there be a problem when the router get to many connections?

Last edited:
I sent my AX88U to repair by RMA, I've been using my old AC68U. Man this is one solid router, everything works really well under this release. Sure hope my AX88U comes back in good shape.

Upgraded to 386.1_2 - still the same, removed ddos prot - i fickeld with it on earlier releases so just added it because it was on before - nothing more.
Monitoring the routers now, hope it works now (if not i have to revert back to 384).

@ATLga Removed DHT from my torrent client, looks like that was the issue, could there be a problem when the router get to many connections?
Honestly, I don't know. I don't use a torrent client, but I would lean towards the DDOS Protection being on, maybe it sees that as DDOS and is overwhelmed or something. Anything in your main router log right before it crashes that would be more definitive?

Updated RT-AX88U & RT-AX58U (AiMesh node) over the weekend. Looked fine with dirty upgrade, but then did full reset / manual reconfiguration, just in case. Everything is looking fine but have one question about DDNS logging.

With 384.19 only saw any reference in syslog to updating DDNS after my ISP had changed the IP, now I see this every 30 minutes. My syslog level settings are unchanged.

Code:
Feb 15 12:19:10 RT-AX88U-5050 rc_service: dhcp6c 11761:notify_rc restart_ddns
Feb 15 12:19:10 RT-AX88U-5050 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: restart ddns)
Feb 15 12:19:10 RT-AX88U-5050 start_ddns: update WWW.ASUS.COM update@asus.com, wan_unit 0
Feb 15 12:19:10 RT-AX88U-5050 inadyn[11852]: In-a-dyn version 2.8.1 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Feb 15 12:19:10 RT-AX88U-5050 inadyn[11852]: Update forced for alias xxxxxx.asuscomm.com, new IP# yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
Feb 15 12:19:10 RT-AX88U-5050 inadyn[11852]: alias address=<yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy>
Feb 15 12:19:11 RT-AX88U-5050 inadyn[11852]: Remove old cache file /var/cache/inadyn for xxxxxxx.asuscomm.com
Feb 15 12:19:11 RT-AX88U-5050 inadyn[11852]: Updating cache for xxxxxx.asuscomm.com

Is this normal? As far as I can see it is being triggered by dhcp6c, which deals with IPv6, even though Asus DDNS only manages IPv4 and all the subsequent messages only refer to IPv4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!