What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reaplied 386.2 to my RT-AC68U Aimesh router. Again 5 Ghz does not work. I'll revert back to 386.1_2 for now.

Attachments

• PuTTY.png
    PuTTY.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 167
Dirty upgrade 386.1_2 to 386.2 almost everything went as expected on router and node. Two user Addons not showing on the Addons tab (scMerlin - user6.asp and spdMerlin - user5.asp) and do not show in scMerlin either but both can be browsed to manually. Will do a power down restart in the morning (when everyone else is offline) to see if that helps. Apart from that everything appears to be running perfectly.

Cake is up and running, I moved my old cake-qos settings into cake-qos.conf.add and he results are fine. What I could not find was how to stop and start the inbuilt cake from a command prompt. /tmp/qos stop stops as expected but /tmp/qos start does not pick up any changes in cake-qos.conf.add - to get these to work I had to go the the QOS tab in the GUI and select apply.

Cake is up and running, I moved my old cake-qos settings into cake-qos.conf.add and he results are fine. What I could not find was how to stop and start the inbuilt cake from a command prompt. /tmp/qos stop stops as expected but /tmp/qos start does not pick up any changes in cake-qos.conf.add - to get these to work I had to go the the QOS tab in the GUI and select apply.
Install the new cake-qos addon and you can make all your configurations from the web interface.

Install the new cake-qos addon and you can make all your configurations from the web interface.
I take your point, but would still like to know how to have cake start and pick up the changes from a command prompt.

I take your point, but would still like to know how to have cake start and pick up the changes from a command prompt.
See this example.

See this example.

BUT... Isn't that like having your cake and eating it too??

AND ... I'll see myself out now... :)

In all seriousness though, thank you Merlin for another great release.

Great job @Merlin!!!

I've updated to 386.2 but after the upgrade router doesn't connect to a VPN server (one is an other ac68u and the other is from my work all using openvpn)
after downgrading it to the old 386.1.2 it works again.

is there annyone else having this problem ?????

for now i'll stay with 386.1.2

Dirty upgrade 386.1_2 to 386.2 almost everything went as expected on router and node. Two user Addons not showing on the Addons tab (scMerlin - user6.asp and spdMerlin - user5.asp) and do not show in scMerlin either but both can be browsed to manually. Will do a power down restart in the morning (when everyone else is offline) to see if that helps. Apart from that everything appears to be running perfectly.

I'd suggest go into amtm, do a uf (forced upgrade) on above two addons and reboot router

Thank you for the answer.
If I'm the only user :) , I will change my configuration to use the VPN client instead of TOR since it's not a big issue for me.
As a possible workaround, you could look at the content of Tor_redir_list, and then re-apply it in a services-start user script.

Code:
#/bin/sh
nvram set Tor_redir_list="blah"
nvram commit

I assume this has been patched for older models, hence the change of wording in the commit?
Asus has been unable to reproduce the issue on older models, and the kernel code is actually completely different, so the only existing patch is for HND models.

I did because I like it here but I expect nothing. If their router support is as bad as their asustor nas support, it will just be a waste of time.
I recently ordered a second gl.inet MV1000 because of this.
Their engineering team is the one who asked for people with this issue to email this address. It will reach their eyes, not those of the tech support team.

There is no change from Beta 3 so upgrading is optional.
You will constantly get a warning that a new version is available if you stay on the beta release.

I've reaplied 386.2 to my RT-AC68U Aimesh router. Again 5 Ghz does not work. I'll revert back to 386.1_2 for now.
Do a factory default reset of the node, then re-add it.
I've updated to 386.2 but after the upgrade router doesn't connect to a VPN server (one is an other ac68u and the other is from my work all using openvpn)
Check your system log, it will tell you why it's failing.

How long did you wait after updating the firmware. Sometimes it can take up to 3-4 minutes before the 5Ghz channel is available, especially if you configured a DFS channel.

Quick question. Does the newly added 386.2 Cake-qos rely on TrendMicro Aiprotection being enabled? In other words, if I completely withdraw from TrendMicro, will Cake still work?

Quick question. Does the newly added 386.2 Cake-qos rely on TrendMicro Aiprotection being enabled? In other words, if I completely withdraw from TrendMicro, will Cake still work?
No reliance, you can disable Trend Micro.

Minor cosmetic issue when trying to change the default Icon for a device on the guest wifi .. It Guest Wifi 1 .. Its a garage door and its default icon is a Cannon Printer. Trying to change pops up a window stating the Ip address is not a valid IP address once you hit apply. Odd thing is is will allow the change on the Asus App on an Android phone.

Door1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!