What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m aware of that and generally don’t pay attention to logs and they don’t bother me. However here the issue is that before the update to 386.2 I did not have any problems with the Apple TV getting disconnected randomly from the network. And it does it multiple times in a roll. MAC address from the log matched the Apple TV and once I turn it on after a few minutes it starts to disconnect and connect to the network every couple minutes.
i did full factory reset after upgrading to 386.1 and then a dirty update to 386.2.
problem was not present when i was running 386.1 but it is when running 386.2
also experienced the same issue with one of the firmware releases last year on the 384 tree.

this is the only other thing I can find in the logs that is for the same device:

Apr 20 21:52:12 miniupnpd[1950]: upnp_event_process_notify: connect(192.168.50.56:2869): Connection timed out
Apr 20 21:52:12 miniupnpd[1950]: upnp_event_process_notify: connect(192.168.50.56:2869): Connection timed out
Apr 20 21:52:12 miniupnpd[1950]: upnpevents_processfds: 0x7c9f00, remove subscriber uuid:2d70d272-1b71-498b-9233-5735a897b0b3 after an ERROR cb: http://192.168.50.56:2869/upnp/eventing/ccaaemxtha

^^^ This recent thread covered that miniupnpd being stealthily re-activated and how it must be turned off in several places on the routers and the newer routers added yet another place to deactivate *@(*@* upnp which is a valid high security concern to turn off and keep off.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...pletely-disable-upnp.70041/page-2#post-672419

IDK why your apple devices are having problem. I have all ours set to not do that "private" MAC address each time they connect...

I have upnp disabled and I don't have any disconnects on either of our AppleTV's (on is a 3rd gen and the one in the living room is 4K version). As a matter of fact, I haven't seen that log message for days now. I had (ui)Scribe and syslog-ng installed to filter out the noise, but I had to remove them because without it was easier to troubleshoot an issue in chronological order rather than in separate logfiles and I haven't seen the message return nor have I experienced (or seen... I do like staring at logfiles) any disconnects. For all iPhones and iPads the private network has been turned of for my home network (2 SSID's) and for others it has been left on. Both AppleTV's are hardwired to the nearest switch so to be honest, I haven't even seen the option there.

I’m experiencing the same thing but with wireless and especially Apple TV. Same log message and the Apple TV report every 5-10 mins that it’s not connected to the network. This started after upgrading my AX88U to 386.2
I’ve experienced it before last year at one point with the previous tree firmware.... not sure of the exact firmware version though.

Apr 21 20:00:55 kernel: C8:D0:83:E0:63:D3 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Apr 21 20:01:00 kernel: C8:D0:83:E0:63:D3 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Apr 21 20:01:05 kernel: C8:D0:83:E0:63:D3 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Apr 21 20:01:10 kernel: C8:D0:83:E0:63:D3 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Apr 21 20:01:14 kernel: C8:D0:83:E0:63:D3 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Apr 21 20:01:34 kernel: C8:D0:83:E0:63:D3 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Apr 21 20:01:40 kernel: C8:D0:83:E0:63:D3 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Apr 21 20:01:45 kernel: C8:D0:83:E0:63:D3 not mesh client, can't update it's ip
Apr 21 20:01:50 kernel: C8:D0:83:E0:63:D3 not mesh client, can't update it's ip

Merlin stated these messages are debug messages that are internal to the Asus code so he can no disable them. He also stated they are not an indication of a problem.

To those of you with Apple TV problems, they are multicast devices and as such you want to enable IGMP snooping in Wireless Professional. You should also have Multicast Rate set to "Auto". This is particularly important if you are using mesh or have switches that support Multicast and the switches should also have IGMP enabled. Be aware that if you have a multicast device on your network with a pore signal making it runs at a low speed, this will slow down all devices in the multicast group. In general, multicast can be quite problematic on wireless networks, particularly ones with more than one AP (router).

Morris

Hi, how is it working with GT-AX11000? I'm considering buying it but want to make sure it works just as perfect as RT models

Hello,

I'm not really sure where this question belong,

I have a AX86U running FW-386.2.2

recently (even with FW-386.2) i noticed sometimes webUI is not showing all Addon tabs. such as scMerlin for example. Random reboots load up all the add-on tabs.
even though these are now shown in web ui i can access them if i use the https://192.168.1.1:8443/user9.asp for example. all addons are visible in amtm but you would see something like
WebUI for scMerlin is available at:
WebUI page not found
scMerlin was used as an example i have missing addon tabs for ntpMerlin, spdMerlin, connmon, Vnstat

I did try a full factory reset and reconfiguration without using the backup with no luck.

Any tips to further troubleshoot?

Thanks agin for all the great work everyone's doing.

Hello,

I'm not really sure where this question belong,

I have a AX86U running FW-386.2.2

recently (even with FW-386.2) i noticed sometimes webUI is not showing all Addon tabs. such as scMerlin for example. Random reboots load up all the add-on tabs.
even though these are now shown in web ui i can access them if i use the https://192.168.1.1:8443/user9.asp for example. all addons are visible in amtm but you would see something like
WebUI for scMerlin is available at:
WebUI page not found
scMerlin was used as an example i have missing addon tabs for ntpMerlin, spdMerlin, connmon, Vnstat

I did try a full factory reset and reconfiguration without using the backup with no luck.

Any tips to further troubleshoot?

Thanks agin for all the great work everyone's doing.
make sure you have latest updates for all addons using amtm. If you have unbound installedmake sure you update the GUI tab as well. After you do that reboot the Router

Currently on 386.1_2, when I first installed this firmware I disabled the trend micro Ai protection just to make sure things were stable. I actually forgot to enable it again!

Is the Ai protection still considered a good thing to have enabled or does it cause more trouble than it's worth?

I will install 386.2_2 later today.

Thanks

Last edited:
Better to install RMerlin v386. 2_2 instead.

@MvW, we won't know until @telUK confirms (one way or the other). Either way, it will help future readers of this thread. :)

Either way, it will help future readers of this thread.

If it wasn't for you, it would be total chaos around here and we would all be helpless, seeking in the dark, hoping to find changelogs, tutorials and useful tips & tricks ;)

@telUK Which firmware version did you just install? Please let us know. Oh, I so hope he's already had his portion of database maintenance...

Hi, how is it working with GT-AX11000? I'm considering buying it but want to make sure it works just as perfect as RT models
When you have solid data, please share it! I'm thinking down the same avenue...

@MvW, we won't know until @telUK confirms (one way or the other). Either way, it will help future readers of this thread. :)
If it wasn't for you, it would be total chaos around here and we would all be helpless, seeking in the dark, hoping to find changelogs, tutorials and useful tips & tricks ;)

@telUK Which firmware version did you just install? Please let us know. Oh, I so hope he's already had his portion of database maintenance...

Lol:D, it wasn't a typo, not been following the threads since I installed 386.1_2.

Not installed yet, might do it next week now, been quite happy on current firmware, up time of 44 days here.

Currently on 386.1_2, when I first installed this firmware I disabled the trend micro Ai protection just to make sure things were stable. I actually forgot to enable it again!

Is the Ai protection still considered a good thing to have enabled or does it cause more trouble than it's worth?

I will install 384.2 later today.

Thanks

@telUK, I hope it's a typo! (See your original post number 553, last sentence). :)

Thanks @RMerlin for the doing this firmware for this model! Running on 386.2 on my Asus GT-AX11000 everything seems to be working fine, but after the 2nd day I get this random WiFi Reboot . Let me know if I could PM you my Syslog since I really can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or the router itself has a problem, since this issue was present during the stock firmware. Thanks again and stay safe!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 1.05.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 1.05.58 PM.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 1.07.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 1.07.16 PM.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 274
Thanks @RMerlin for the doing this firmware for this model! Running on 386.2 on my Asus GT-AX11000 everything seems to be working fine, but after the 2nd day I get this random WiFi Reboot . Let me know if I could PM you my Syslog since I really can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or the router itself has a problem, since this issue was present during the stock firmware. Thanks again and stay safe!

Use a service like pastebin and post your syslog here (redact any private stuff). Plenty of folks here willing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!