What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.2_6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smooth update to 386.2_5-g8ef59a4132 on my AX88U (coming from 386.2_4) - Wireless devices connected back with no problems - full speed throughput on WLAN (same as wired on router).
Release same as Alpha: Smooth update to version 386.2_6 on my AX88U. :cool:

Last edited:
Good news, thank you.

Dirty update from 386.2.4m no issues seen as yet.

Downgraded from 386.3 alpha 1 (second build) to 386.2_6.

Seems to run fine.
Or not?

Might be a coincidence, but my Mac, iPad, and iPhone can no longer connect to my AirPlay speakers since the firmware update... (though they are connected according to the router web interface)

Additionally, my LaMetric Time does not connect to the router at all (does not show up in the router web interface).

Last edited:
After a reboot of the router my Apple devices can connect to the AirPlay speakers, but they play audio for only a few seconds before disconnecting again.

I also notice that when I ping wireless devices I get a mix of many request timeouts and some actual replies (instead of only replies).

Time to go back to 386.3 alpha 1 to see whether that improves stuff... (which it shouldn't?)

All good in the freezing South - dirty upgrade from 386.2_4 resulting in no change for apples, androids, penguins or windows, either wired or wireless.

After a reboot of the router my Apple devices can connect to the AirPlay speakers, but they play audio for only a few seconds before disconnecting again.

I also notice that when I ping wireless devices I get a mix of many request timeouts and some actual replies (instead of only replies).

Time to go back to 386.3 alpha 1 to see whether that improves stuff... (which it shouldn't?)

Sometime, Apple devices need to forget the network, restart, add the network again.
Just a thought.

The Apple devices connect fine (5 GHz); the others (many IoT devices, most on 2.4 GHz) don't...
Strange. I've got about 50+ IOT Devices (TP-Link Kasa, Nest, Google etc...) and they all re-connected fine on the 2.4GHz band after.

Dirty update from 386.2_4 - router and aimesh node - both fine

Thanks RMerlin

Did a dirty upgrade from 2_4 (router - RT-AC86U). Router came up fine. However I had a VPN (OpenVPN) problem... all passwords from all clients had to be reset. The VPN logs showed credentials failing. I simply deleted each client and re-added them back - all is now good.

This scenario occurred on 2 installations (2 RT-86U installations in 2 different locations).

Dirty upgrade from 386.2_4 without problems. Thank you for introducing the fragattack patch so quick ...

Just for reference to a question in the beta thread, I have changed the wifi in the 2.4 GHz band to channels to 1, 5, 6 and 9, with 20/40 MHz channel width without any problem. Checked that they were in the correct channel with the program Acrylic Wifi.

Last edited:
This is from a device (on 2.4 GHz) that's about a meter away from the router:

Code:
Request timeout for icmp_seq 50
Request timeout for icmp_seq 51
Request timeout for icmp_seq 52
Request timeout for icmp_seq 53
64 bytes from 192.168.1.218: icmp_seq=29 ttl=64 time=25430.874 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.218: icmp_seq=30 ttl=64 time=24832.711 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.218: icmp_seq=31 ttl=64 time=24466.901 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.218: icmp_seq=32 ttl=64 time=23976.913 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.218: icmp_seq=33 ttl=64 time=23587.349 ms

Aren't those response times way too large for a device that near?

(And there should be no timeouts; I did not have this behaviour before installing 386.2_6)

EDIT: When running a WiFi scanner the SSID's broadcasted by my router disappear every now and then for some time... HW issue?

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I've just upgraded my AC86U from 386.2_2 to this 386.2_6 and realized that OpenVPN Server1 is unable to start. Previously I used OpenVPN Server1 without problems. After upgrade it just doesn't start. I had to turn on Server2 - with same advanced settings - and that one works fine.
I tried settings to default, restarting, turning it off and back on, but still does not work.

"OpenVPN server daemon failed to start.
Please check your device environment or contents on the Advanced Setting page."

Please, anyone has any idea what can I do....? Thanks!

1623075682319.png

Dirty upgrade, smooth as silk!
This update seems to have added 10 mbps to VPN download speeds with VPN handled through the router? Plus, the cpu loading is down from 100% on both cores at a slower speed, to 1 core at 100% and the other at 68-70%. Huge unexpected improvement!!

EDIT: When running a WiFi scanner the SSID's broadcasted by my router disappear every now and then for some time... HW issue?
Try doing a complete power cycle to reset the electronics inside your router.

his update seems to have added 10 mbps to VPN download speeds with VPN handled through the router? Plus, the cpu loading is down from 100% on both cores at a slower speed, to 1 core at 100% and the other at 68-70%. Huge unexpected improvement!!
This is more related to the reboot than the firmware upgrade itself, as nothing was changed there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!