What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to beta 2 on my RT-AC5300. Runs smooth like nothing

Also i got some new features with this update on the rtac5300. I got Gear Accelerator amd also Open NAT for gaming, do younuse this features or are they useless?

AX86U had been cruising along on beta1 for a couple of days. Flashed beta 2 and lost Internet. Router said connected, though. Dumped DoT and custom DNS Servers and still no connection. Wife needed to do some banking so went back to Asus firmware. Sorry but I did not save any logs.

Edit. Not too sure but my problems could be related to the AWS issues in Northern Virginia. Unless others report issues I will give beta 2 another chance later tonight.
2nd test same as the first...

Over flashed Asus 386_45934 with beta 2. Gui Factory Default + initialize all settings. Manually config SSID + passphrase and User + password. When GUI came up I tried to connect with google.com as well as several other web sites. No luck. Did hard factory reset and manually configured again. Same results as before even with trying Cloudflare DNS servers. Router did get IP address from ISP

Flashed back to Asus... working now...
Link for syslog.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/14e3qxeLNMoqodFuAM26lOs1tCiNyutxu/view?usp=sharing

I flashed BETA 2 on my AX58U everything on my PC and phone are fine.
My XBOX shows NAT as strict now and games wont connect.
I only have Unbound - Ad Trackers / DNS Firewall - Youtube
Never used Xbox on BETA 1 so not sure on that.
Anyone have any ideas ??

Last edited:

Over flashed Asus 386_45934 with beta 2. Gui Factory Default + initialize all settings. Manually config SSID + passphrase and User + password. When GUI came up I tried to connect with google.com as well as several other web sites. No luck. Did hard factory reset and manually configured again. Same results as before even with trying Cloudflare DNS servers. Router did get IP address from ISP

Link for syslog.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/14e3qxeLNMoqodFuAM26lOs1tCiNyutxu/view?usp=sharing
Any chance this might be related to your own post in the stock factory firmware section regarding difficulties doing a proper reset on this model?

Any chance this might be related to your own post in the stock factory firmware section regarding difficulties doing a proper reset on this model?
No. Proof is that beta 1 ran like a champ. And first I had upgraded from beta 1 to beta 2.

Two routers AC68U and AC86U updated from beta1 to beta2 - no issues. I don't use IPv6 though and the routers are in double NAT.

I flashed BETA 2 on my AX58U everything on my PC and phone are fine.
My XBOX shows NAT as strict now and games wont connect.
I only have Unbound - Ad Trackers / DNS Firewall - Youtube
Never used Xbox on BETA 1 so not sure on that.
Anyone have any ideas ??
I had strict NAT on my Xbox Series X tonight, after updating to beta 2. Had to change to full cone NAT to sort it.

I'm on AX86U

I had strict NAT on my Xbox Series X tonight, after updating to beta 2. Had to change to full cone NAT to sort it.

I'm on AX86U
Oh I will try to change that and see if it helps.
Thanks

@RMerlin

Thanks for the new Beta. Just like to report a Small OpenVPN Connection Status issue.

VPN -> VPN Status Tab -> OpenVPN Server 1
All is well and good, showing both Clients and Routes correctly.
View attachment 37844

However,
VPN - VPN Server Tab - > VPN Server - OpenVPN -> Connection Status
Is shown as Disconnected for the same Client

View attachment 37845

PS:
  • I have IPV6 (Native) setup and running correctly based on https://ipv6-test.com on my MacBookPro.
  • However, On my MacBookPro with Tunnelblick 3.8.8beta02 (build 5780), the OpenVPN connection over my iPhone Cellular Hotspot, https://ipv6-test.com ... shows there is no IPv6, only IPv4
  • What else can I test on OpenVPN and IPv6? if you can give me specific instructions. I can do the tests. Thanks.
@RMerlin

The OpenVPN Connection Status Display issue reported for beta1 is still there in beta2. Thanks for the new beta Firmware.

No one else is reporting such connectivity issues, so something but be wrong with your setup. When you say you can't connect, does it fail to resolve the name, or to route?

I noticed that for HND routers, wireguard and the user tools are mentioned.
On my AX88U, I see /usr/sbin/wg, the kernel module (wireguard) loaded but no wg-quick. This was on both beta 1 and 2.
What is wg-quick?

On beta 2, same ddns problem occurs.
And the ddns doesn't update... I have to manually call it
Please send me a more detailed log. I can't test IPv6 connectivity. Also make sure that IPv6 is properly working.

Dirty flash from beta 1 to beta 2 on an AX88U with an AX68 mesh node with no issues for ~9 hours so far. Will report anything if/when it arises.

Thanks!

Updated RT-AC86U from Beta1 to Beta2, all looks good. Thanks!
Have someone have courage to test: Disable 11b button ? Is it working now?
I've had "Disable 11b" checkbox enabled since Alpha with Auto wireless mode, no issues.
So my AC devices show connected as AC in wireless log on 2.4 band, which may or may not be better than using N only wireless mode. I haven't speed tested the difference.

Last edited:
On beta 2, same ddns problem occurs.
And the ddns doesn't update... I have to manually call it
BTW, that message in itself does not denote a fatal error. With the beta 2 patches from Asus, it's just a notification that at the time start_ddns() was called your IPv6 wasn't valid yet. It will instruct the watchdog to check again a few minutes later, so your DDNS should eventually get updated.

@RMerlin - RT-AX86U - beta2 - same problem as @bbunge and @maghuro - and I believe the cause is failure of that router model to establish WAN IPv6 connection with your beta2. Your Merlinware GUI contains 2 pages for IPv6 setup but neither work.

IPv6-Merlin.png

Reverting to Asus stock firmware 3.0.0.4.386-45934 solves the IPv6 connection issue as well as the related DDNS issue.
Not sure about other folk using the RT-AX86U - but my internet connection is PPPoE and IPv6 is Native.

I know you can't test IPv6 - but maybe Asus can provide you the IPv6 framework from the above stock code - instead of from their untested 45958 which they have supplied to you?

What is wg-quick?

and Jason provides bash scripts for different environments to be used to configure the WireGuard interfaces:

e.g. FreeBSD, Linux etc.

Entware:
wg-quick - 1.0.20210914-1 - This is an extremely simple script for easily bringing up a WireGuard interface, suitable for a few common use cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!