What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was already discussed here (and postings further down) - most likely pixel server is crashing Trend Micro - you need do disable one of them... ;)
I am one of the people seeing the "potentially unexpected fatal signal 11."
If I turn off pixel-tls, it goes away, but if I enable Pixel-tls and deactivate all the trend micro stuff in the AiProtection tabs, I *still* get this error. Is there some other trend micro stuff I need to turn off or is there something baked into the firmware that just won't allow us to use pixel-tls anymore? (sorry for beating this dead horse)

I tried reading 17 pages in scan read format but besides the usual cool Asuswrt stuff listed what does "Merges with GPL 386_45958" from the Asus side bring?
I'm on 386.3_2 so is there an easy way of seeing what that's equivalent to in Asus core firmware bringing it to 386_45958?

This is normal behaviour. Nothing has changed.
What is normal behaviour? The fact that entries in the config.add file are not added to the hosts file and (thus?) not resolved?

Is there another way to achieve what I want? (redirect a hostname to an IP address on router level)

What is normal behaviour? The fact that entries in the config.add file are not added to the hosts file and (thus?) not resolved?
Yes. Dave answered in more detail in your other thread. This has nothing to do with this specific release.

Getting a weird issue where WAN(0) negotiates a 100 Mbps connection on my AX58U.. If I disconnect the ethernet cable that goes to my Fios ONT and plug it back in the AX58U will negotiate the connection at 1 Gbps.. No idea why it randomly seems to get stuck at 100 Mbps mode.

Yes, the FW 386.4 Beta 2 was the last time that things related to IPv6 DDNS worked (of a fashion). It seems that everyone; All IPv6 users / IPv6 DDNS users / RMerlin / You / Me / A.N.Other etc will need to wait, until Asus move their own 386.5 Betas to Official Releases and then... we can all see what's been fixed / wait for the Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 FW release(s) & then try again.... ;)

I have posted before, that I am using No-IP DDNS (as they do support IPv6 DDNS) as well as Asus DDNS and with the official Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 FW release (i.e. I'm not using any previous Beta), I can quite easily & successfully, nslookup both the IPv4 Asus DDNS and IPv4 No-IP DDNS and... the IPv6 No-IP DDNS too (via nslookup -query=AAAA $hostname). The No-IP IPv6 DDNS is NOT being updated from the router, which is correct, as you've read in several other posts (removal of IPv6 DDNS functionality after Beta2 etc). In the interim, IF it changes, you must manually update the IPv6 / AAAA address on the NO-IP website yourself... until... maybe... the 386.5 'fixes' arrive for the acknowledged IPv6 DDNS issues. However, it's still a valid IPv6 DDNS address & it works. It's nowhere near perfect / as it should be / as you want it to be @Yota but, it might be worth a look for you in the interim, instead of going back to the Beta2 release, until the 386.5 'fixes' finally arrive?
Thank you again, I think No-IP may be the best solution at this moment! I want to know if I just sign up for a No-IP account, and then fill in the account in the router GUI, can it work? Or do I still need the script? and, did you choose their payment plan? Or use the free plan? I just noticed their very ironic advertisement "Not everything free is good" https://www.noip.com/whirlybird ;););):p

All appears well with the 386.4 from the previous 386 beta, similar ram usage on my 86u and also same performance in broadband speeds.

Thanks again Merlin

I am one of the people seeing the "potentially unexpected fatal signal 11."
If I turn off pixel-tls, it goes away, but if I enable Pixel-tls and deactivate all the trend micro stuff in the AiProtection tabs, I *still* get this error. Is there some other trend micro stuff I need to turn off or is there something baked into the firmware that just won't allow us to use pixel-tls anymore?
To fully disable Trend Micro stuff, you need to withdraw from the privacy agreement under Administration/Privacy - only than you have peace of mind from nagging Trend Micro.

Is anyone experiencing DNS resolution issues with 386.4? I've been having some issues getting webpages to load and I don't know if it's related to the update to 386.4, recent snowfall and down equipment (noticed my local IP address changing a lot in the past two days) or perhaps some other issues with the DNS server (cloudflare). There aren't any obvious issues with dnsmasq that I see other than some bogus replies to queries.

I've tentatively changed my DNS server and will monitor.

This may be in the wireless driver area that Asus controls and Merlin has no access to, which is not good for us. I may try the latest stock firmware on one of my APs that has a number of Nest cams to confirm if this is also an issue there. Replacing all my Nest HD cams is not something I'm interesting in taking up just yet.. and it would be a very pricey course change.

Up here in Canada, Outdoor Nest Cams are restricted to the 2.4GHz spectrum due to regulations so I can't even try to pop them on to my 5GHz bands.
I made life easier by just hanging a Google Nest router off my AC86U just for this purpose, as my Nest cams and Google Home devices just seem to play better with Nest Wi-Fi. So you lose a little visibility. It's not a biggie for me. At least I don't have to struggle with compatibility or AiMesh. :p

I made life easier by just hanging a Google Nest router off my AC86U just for this purpose, as my Nest cams and Google Home devices just seem to play better with Nest Wi-Fi. So you lose a little visibility. It's not a biggie for me. At least I don't have to struggle with compatibility or AiMesh. :p
That is another option to consider but would mean I'd likely have to ditch Asus hardware entirely to support all the cameras, which are approaching end of life anyway so at some point I'll hit a fork in the road and have to go one way or another. We'll see what comes. FWIW AiMesh never played well with the Nest Cams either no matter how much I tweaked and adjusted various settings. Was really disappointed in that as it was a beautiful setup otherwise.

This may be in the wireless driver area that Asus controls and Merlin has no access to, which is not good for us. I may try the latest stock firmware on one of my APs that has a number of Nest cams to confirm if this is also an issue there. Replacing all my Nest HD cams is not something I'm interesting in taking up just yet.. and it would be a very pricey course change.

Up here in Canada, Outdoor Nest Cams are restricted to the 2.4GHz spectrum due to regulations so I can't even try to pop them on to my 5GHz bands.
On my AX88U running 386.4 release, the wireless drivers show a compile date of Nov 19, 2021 and a version of 17.10.121.41

If you roll back a few releases, check Tools->Sysinfo. It will show the wireless drivers version info.

On my AX88U running 386.4 release, the wireless drivers show a compile date of Nov 19, 2021 and a version of 17.10.121.41

If you roll back a few releases, check Tools->Sysinfo. It will show the wireless drivers version info.
FWIW, on mine now: May 20 2021 17:40:37 version 17.10.121.37 (r789389) FWID 01-4605b61c

upnp port forwarding it doesn't seem to work for me since 386.4 update. Some others upnp features work fine.

can someone reproduce or check it?

upnp port forwarding it doesn't seem to work for me since 386.4 update. Some others upnp features work fine.

can someone reproduce or check it?
AX86U with 386.4.
UPnP of qbittorrent enhanced edition works for me. I can see the items of upnp port forwarding in webui. When qbittorrent is closed, these port forwarding items will disappear.

hi everyone, why the speedtest results so different from the router directly and app? (AC68U)
This had been the case before 386.4. Probably when speedtest runs on the router, the bottle neck is no longer bandwidth.

I upgraded from 386.3_2 on my RT-AC68U and lost wireless connection for all devices using 2.4ghz. It shows up on avaliable networks, but will continuously try and failing to connect.

This only seems to be for wireless 2.4ghz

I've tried unplugging power supply from the router and wall with power switch on...and still not working. I've flashed back to the previous version and everything was working properly.

Syslogs keeps spamming this error. Logs attached. Thanks for the help

Code:
Jan  4 13:00:40 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Jan  4 13:00:42 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings
Jan  4 13:00:42 dnsmasq[9562]: bad DHCP host name at line 26 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
Jan  4 13:00:42 dnsmasq[9562]: FAILED to start up

I upgraded from 386.3_2 on my RT-AC68U and lost wireless connection for all devices using 2.4ghz. It shows up on avaliable networks, but will continuously try and failing to connect.

This only seems to be for wireless 2.4ghz

I've tried unplugging power supply from the router and wall with power switch on...and still not working. I've flashed back to the previous version and everything was working properly.

Syslogs keeps spamming this error. Logs attached. Thanks for the help

Code:
Jan  4 13:00:40 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Jan  4 13:00:42 Diversion: restarted Dnsmasq to apply settings
Jan  4 13:00:42 dnsmasq[9562]: bad DHCP host name at line 26 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
Jan  4 13:00:42 dnsmasq[9562]: FAILED to start up

SSH into your router and open the file /etc/dnsmasq.conf and see what is at line 26. DNSmasq does not seem to like what ever name is on that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!