What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply.

I confirm I have a wired backhaul between the nodes, before switching to 386.4 I hadn't this issue.

I missed the thread you signaled me.
For the moment I'll stay with this bugged config, hope to get a Merlin fix soon.

Best regards
I have Merlin 386.4 on my primary router (RT-AX86U) with the latest Asus baseline releases on each of my AiMesh nodes (wired RT-AX86U, RT-AX88U, and RT-AX58U plus wireless RT-AX58U). I am experiencing excellent stability and throughput throughout my network with an isolated Guest 1 network pushed to all AiMesh nodes.

Are you using wired backhaul between your router and nodes by any chance? If so, see this thread - wireless clients reported unable to connect to guest network 1 via Aimesh nodes running 386.4 for setups involving wired backhaul to the router and access to intranet on guest network 1 disabled. 'Fixes' reported working include enabling intranet access on guest network 1 (although this would seem to defeat the point of having a guest network in the first place), moving to wireless backhaul, or using latest stock firmware on the nodes (main router can stay on 386.4).

Thanks Pinkgrae & sorry WillyTP I missed this post & allready replied in the other thread.
However it does seem you have found the answer & solution. Obviously @RMerlin will still have to include the fix inside his next & future firmware versions.

Late to the game. I just did a dirty upgrade from 386.3_2 (I think) to 386.4 yesterday on my AC86U. I have a very simple config so I wasn't surprised that all went well. However, today I notice that occasionally the web GUI is sluggish - taking 5 or 6 seconds to switch pages. Sometimes the system status frame stays blank for up to 10 seconds. But when the system status finally displays it does not show high use of either CPU or interfaces. This doesn't seem to effect connectivity, but it seems odd.
I have never spent much time in the log but I see nothing unusual are the times I'm experiencing the GUI delays.

Love poutine. Ultimate comfort food. My two favourite poutine joints:
- The Mess Hall Poutinerie in Georgetown, ON
- The Elgin Street Diner in Ottawa, ON

And anytime I had poutine in Quebec... the whole adventure was a little foggy...

Rock solid after 13 days...anyone why my login using wont allow cached username and pwd? I have to manually enter each time, this wasn't the case with stock Asus firmware.

Love poutine. Ultimate comfort food. My two favourite poutine joints:
- The Mess Hall Poutinerie in Georgetown, ON
- The Elgin Street Diner in Ottawa, ON

And anytime I had poutine in Quebec... the whole adventure was a little foggy...
Ya went through old Quebec city before covid era. Probably gained 5lbs but man it was good, the poutines and everything else lol

Late to the game. I just did a dirty upgrade from 386.3_2 (I think) to 386.4 yesterday on my AC86U. I have a very simple config so I wasn't surprised that all went well. However, today I notice that occasionally the web GUI is sluggish - taking 5 or 6 seconds to switch pages. Sometimes the system status frame stays blank for up to 10 seconds. But when the system status finally displays it does not show high use of either CPU or interfaces. This doesn't seem to effect connectivity, but it seems odd.
I have never spent much time in the log but I see nothing unusual are the times I'm experiencing the GUI delays.
Logging on using HTTPS can cause this.
Using HTTP will fix the issue if so.

When you disable Cake you enable again the flow runner and flow cache. That's why you see more processor use.
Thanks, but you missed the part where I said disabling Cake made the RAM usage increase AND the 2.4g devices started disconnecting. Turning QoS back on made usage return to 48% and 2.4g devices stop disconnecting.

Thanks, but you missed the part where I said disabling Cake made the RAM usage increase AND the 2.4g devices started disconnecting. Turning QoS back on made usage return to 48% and 2.4g devices stop disconnecting.
Flow cache would be memory related, meaning consume Ram. I don't know how QOS (cake) would interfere with a 2.4g connection.

Interesting. I didn't notice that in previous releases. Was I just unobservant, or is there something slowing down the HTTPS server is this release?
Has been since forever here.
I only realised the cause recently though…….o_O

Logging on using HTTPS can cause this.
Using HTTP will fix the issue if so.
FWIW There's several previous posts on this subject in this thread (including one from RMerlin too) and the effects on browsers, of the SSL Certs (i.e. https ) etc. There is a lean towards https now from Asus so it's worth a quick look at this post: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-4-is-now-available.76498/post-734428 as it gives a simple work around for Firefox which works very effectively.

after upgrading to this version on a AX68U, i started finding all my 5 Ghz clients disconnected. after a few hours. They were unable to reconnect.

didn't snag the log, but it seemed to imply my client had left the area.

tried a couple settings in the professional tab recommended for this problem, but no joy.
backed up the config, downgraded back to 386.3_2, restored the config. no issues on the older firmware.

I also have the same problems with my AX68U.... and i have also rolled back to 386.3_2 to get a stable 5ghz.

What i have tried (and done):

- Disable all MIMO and ODFMA
- Channel 36 (locked)
- Play with Tx power (no use but hey gotta try :p )
- Change SSID etc.
- Disable all other "professional settings"
- Disable 160 mhz
- reset and reflashed it several times

Whats interesting is that the AX68U keeps a working LAN connection (all ports), the lights on top indicate that the 5ghz is working and it shows up in AiMesh as "working" with 5gz slider enabled (and when i disable 5ghz with this slider the LED responds correctly but 5ghz does not come back).... The only way to fix this is to complety factoryreset the AX68U, then it works for a few hours until the problem is back again. i have also noticed that when playing with some professional settings that sometimes (not always) the 5ghz will be back but only for a very short period.

So in short, after a while on 386.4 my 5ghz network on the AX68U does not work, my devices cant connect to it when im on 386.4 (happens randomly after a while... lets say 2h). And despite the lights and ax68u saying 5gh is enabled there is no SSID send out.
The 86u and 68u keep on working while i have this bug/issue/problem.... they are also on 386.4 (working LAN and 5ghz without any issues).

My setup,

1x AX86U (router), installed AMTM, Skynet and FlexQoS, 2gb swap on a 4gb usb 2.0 stick
1x AX68U (Aimesh AP)
1x AC68U (AiMesh AP)

@RMerlin Any thoughts ?

PS. im a happy camper with your work Merlin.... been using it for years now on different routers. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
You know 5Ghz wifi can take a couple of minutes to start. Checking for traffic on DFS channels.

Yes i know, DFS i dont use and the 5ghz is gone after using it for 2h not minutes :p
are you sure channels haven't changed? Happend on 2.4Ghz when changing channels. it takes channel 1 first then move to right channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!