What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty upgrade, like a Tijuana Cantina., all is well.

Thank you Mr. Merlin.

Anyone facing UI breakage? Or know how to fix it? Thanks

1645644552743.png

I'm a Shift-F5 guy...

Can you be more specific? Then we can try and recreate the problem and possibly solve it.
Sure. Router is running on L2TP client with ExpressVPN to a location to bypass gvt superproxy.

Clients though use VPN Client ()with openvpn (tcp or udp) , wireguard, expressvpn ligthway or IKE2 protocols) to have proper encryption to a variety of corporate servers that require one of these encryptions to handshake and access.

386.5 no longer allows the clients to do what they were able to do before. The now do not get access to the internet).

Changing the provider on the router for the L2tp client does not improve. I am more or less 100% sure it is not a vpn issue but really the NAT passthrough.

GT-AXE11000 still going good.

Had to make a 'filter' for scribe to deal with the obnoxious flooding of the syslog by hostapd.

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 Beta is now available. This release introduces support for the RT-AC68U_V4 and GT-AXE11000 (both were originally planned for 386.4, but wifi issues with their GPLs forced both, to be delayed). This also merges with Asus's 386_46065 GPL code, and fixes a few issues.

The highlights:
  • Merged with GPL 386_46065 (note that a number of its security fixes were already present in 386.4)
  • Added support for the RT-AC68U V4. Just like with the original Asus firmware, support is implemented in a combined firmware image that supports both the older and newer models. That image might not work properly however when using Firmware Recovery Mode, in which case people should use a version older than 386.5.
  • Added support for the GT-AXE11000 (without its ROG UI or VPN Fusion).
  • Dnsmasq was reverted back to 2.85 in an attempt to improve its stability
  • Avahi was updated to 0.8, and a few additional fixes were backported, which should resolve the incrementing hostname on some setups
  • Miniupnpd was upgraded to 2.3.0.
  • Fixed netatalk failing to load its modules, which was breaking Time Machine
  • A number of fixes and improvements were implemented in Traditional QoS
  • And a few other minor fixes and improvements, please view the changelog for more details

Things in need of testing:
  • Everything on the RT-AC68U_V4 and GT-AXE11000
  • Traditional QoS
  • Time Machine on HND models

Please keep discussions on the topic of this specific beta release. Off-topic posts will be ignored, moved or deleted, depending on my mood at the moment.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
I so wish I could take advantage of this, but although I use the GT-AX11000 for my main router, I use ZenWifi XT8s as my mesh nodes :/

Sure. Router is running on L2TP client with ExpressVPN to a location to bypass gvt superproxy.

Clients though use VPN Client ()with openvpn (tcp or udp) , wireguard, expressvpn ligthway or IKE2 protocols) to have proper encryption to a variety of corporate servers that require one of these encryptions to handshake and access.

386.5 no longer allows the clients to do what they were able to do before. The now do not get access to the internet).

Changing the provider on the router for the L2tp client does not improve. I am more or less 100% sure it is not a vpn issue but really the NAT passthrough.
OK that's something I can't test, but maybe someone else can.

So have I got this correct:
1) Your router is running an L2TP client for the entire LAN.
2) Various PCs on the LAN may sometimes enable their own VPN client using OpenVPN, Wireguard, ExpressVPN Lightway or IPSec/IKEv2.
3) The PC VPNs are being tunnelled through the router's L2TP client.

If all the above statements are true I can't see why it would be a NAT passthrough issue as none of the PC clients are using it (their traffic is tunnelled) and neither is the router. Also, as far as I can see the NAT passthrough code hasn't changed for years.

Dirty flashed 386.5 Beta from 386.4 on my AX88U and all the DHCP problems "seem" to be gone, So far no more wifi connected but no internet on all my connected devices.

I so wish I could take advantage of this, but although I use the GT-AX11000 for my main router, I use ZenWifi XT8s as my mesh nodes :/
You can still install Merlin on your GT-AX11000 with the latest Asus baseline for your mesh nodes.

is that "Alexa has started" still listening on Ports for Asus or TrendMicro, anyone know what this exactly is for ?
(as shown in the logs after flashing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!