What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nzwayne
From Post #1
Things in need of testing:
Everything on the RT-AC68U_V4 and GT-AXE11000

Get going sir. With your help, I'm hoping RMerlin will be able to support the AXE16000 ;)

Edit: My network working well, since dirty upgrade from alpha.

Something looks wrong with bwdpi and flow cache on the 5.02p1 platform (RT-AX68U and RT-AX86U). I can try to poke at Asus about it next week, but otherwise not much I can do about this since both are outside of my control. Same issue also exists on the stock firmware.
Asus are aware of the issue, and they are still trying to fix it on their own end. In the mean time they suggested a temporary workaround, I need to investigate it.

Same... but my up is a little better.

View attachment 39811
That ping - to which server? I believe I'm farther away from Toronto than you and I'm getting ping (8ish ms) +jitter (<0.5ms) under 9ms on my DSL. Different provider, different infrastructure...1/20th of your package DL too...but that doesn't seem right to me somehow.

That ping - to which server? I believe I'm farther away from Toronto than you and I'm getting ping (8ish ms) +jitter (<0.5ms) under 9ms on my DSL. Different provider, different infrastructure...1/20th of your package DL too...but that doesn't seem right to me somehow.

12 to 18ms ping times for Rogers DOCSIS 3.1 cable (1 gbps package) in the Greater Toronto Area (416 + 905 area codes) is pretty standard.

Found a possible UI bug on beta1 for the AX88U.

Speed test page is truncated (tested on Firefox/Chrome/Edge with hard cache refreshes):

Last edited:
Found a possible UI bug on beta1 for the AX88U.

Speed test page is truncated (tested on Firefox/Chrome/Edge with hard cache refreshes):

Works fine here from edge.
speedt.jpg

I am at the latest version but not beta. I am experiencing a problem with the wireless scheduler. As seen in image below it is not configurable. I am not sure if this is fixed in the beta version.

IMG_20220228_015835_edit_42470345773205.jpg

On Asus's recommendation I downgraded the bwdpi engine for the affected platform to resolve the compatibility issues on that platform. I uploaded new test builds here:

They worked fine here when I tested them.

On Asus's recommendation I downgraded the bwdpi engine for the affected platform to resolve the compatibility issues on that platform. I uploaded new test builds here:

Thanks Eric,

I stuffed the latest firmware onto my families RT-AX86U (& perhaps I'm not the best test environment being a busy family & all) but it seems my CAKE test results have suddenly worsened going from a typical A rating to C & D. Hmmmmmmm EDIT: actually gotten even better. We just registered A+ with Bufferbloat test by waveform ( I sometimes forget then when testing these things through a browser... You actually need a decently powered client or else you'll simply wind up with poor results... sorry my bad.

And thanks for the new releases

Last edited:

Beta 2 seems to have fixed the issue here as well - AX86U.

Thanks Eric,

I stuffed the latest firmware onto my families RT-AX86U (& perhaps I'm not the best test enviornment being a busy family & all) but it seems my CAKE test results have suddenly worsened) going from a typical A rating to C & D. Hmmmmmmm
Totally unrelated, the only change is the Trend Micro engine, which won't be used if you use Cake.

FC may still be effected? I'm getting disconnects on my AX68 but the AX58 is fine. Wondering if there is still another issue with AX68, or I have another problem. I don't use QoS or Trend.

Repeated the tests I had done previously in this thread after installing beta2 on RT-AX86U Main router only.

I confirm that Adaptive QoS seems to be better - Bandwidth Monitor definitely reporting correct speeds; HW acceleration remains enabled; Bufferbloat score improves from C [No QoS] to A; Syslog does however still show
Code:
Feb 28 06:48:18 RT-AX86U-E330 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 4ff
Feb 28 06:48:18 RT-AX86U-E330 A.QoS: qos_count=0, qos_check=0
Feb 28 06:48:21 RT-AX86U-E330 A.QoS: qos rule is less than 22
Feb 28 06:48:21 RT-AX86U-E330 A.QoS: restart A.QoS because set_qos_conf / set_qos_on / setup rule fail
- which I assume is another one of those meaningless log entries to be ignored by us non-coders?

FlexQos also seems to be working - A for bufferbloat test as above ... save that I don't see the log entry mentioned above?.

CakeQoS remains the champion for me and my setup as per pic below ...

CakeQoS.png
Reverted to Cake and turned off TrendMacro ;).

MANY thanks for your perpetual quest to release AAA grade firmware.

FC may still be effected? I'm getting disconnects on my AX68 but the AX58 is fine. Wondering if there is still another issue with AX68, or I have another problem. I don't use QoS or Trend.
That has nothing to do with disconnections, FC is for NAT acceleration.

Repeated the tests I had done previously in this thread after installing beta2 on RT-AX86U Main router only.

I confirm that Adaptive QoS seems to be better - Bandwidth Monitor definitely reporting correct speeds; HW acceleration remains enabled; Bufferbloat score improves from C [No QoS] to A; Syslog does however still show
Code:
Feb 28 06:48:21 RT-AX86U-E330 A.QoS: restart A.QoS because set_qos_conf / set_qos_on / setup rule fail
- which I assume is another one of those meaningless log entries to be ignored by us non-coders?

FlexQos also seems to be working - A for bufferbloat test as above ... save that I don't see the log entry mentioned above?.

View attachment 39893

This has made me happy, thanks Kernol and Eric.

Code:

View attachment 39893

@kernol...do you use the default settings for cake and do you use the cake add on as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!