What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus does try, they even moved the DST database into a file that is dynamically downloaded from their web server, allowing them to regularly update it as needed. However if you have already configured the timezone with a previously incorrect start/end time, the updated database will not correct this. The user has to change to a different timezome, then switch back to the correct timezone - this will update the saved start/end time in nvram.
Ok then, I stand corrected. Asus is clearly trying harder than I realized, and more than most manufacturers do (at least in my experience) in regards to DST.

Last piece as a follow-on from previous append at #238 was to enable AiMesh. The setting was as per this pic on the GT-AXE11000 AiMesh panel for Ethernet.
1646188010941.png

...but none of the wireless mesh units (2nd AXE11000 & AX88U) would connect after I did a WPS button hold down and power up while holding down the WPS button. All units 386.5 Beta1. Discovered only ethernet connected units would connect to the AXE11000 Router in AiMesh mode. This was not the case with the same units (2nd AXE11000, AX88U) with the AX88U I had removed for the AXE11000.
I had to run a ethernet cable to the WAN port of wireless units (2nd AXE1100 & AX88U) from the AXE11000 router, establish the AiMesh. Once in AiMesh mode then I could remove the ethernet cable, and these units would keep working in wireless AIMesh mode.
1646188773218.png

Thanks Eric! Just installed the 386.5_beta2 build to my AX86U.

Btw, just wanna ask is there a way to save the amtm add ons installed if going to upgrade the firmware?

I know the a "must" way is to hard reset the router after the each flash.

Thanks guys!
Did I miss something, I only see 386.5 beta1.

Did I miss something, I only see 386.5 beta1.
Builds for a few specific affected devices can be found under Test Builds (normally reserved for alpha builds).

Good job, thank you.

After each full reset, you do install the add-ons again? And you do this for every RMerlin FW release?
Personally, since I use the alphas/betas, at the RMerlin FW Release, I then reset my routers to start fresh. Yes, I also reinstall my scripts "fresh" at the same time (FW Release). RMerlin AMTM and Talented Script Writers have made doing so Griswald Easy :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone. New here. First and foremost, thank you for all you do. Amazing work!

n00b question... After installing 386.5b on my AXE-11000 and AC68P, I couldn't get wireless mesh to work. When reverting my AXE-11000 back to stock firmware, the UI didn't update correctly. It is now showing a mix of the red/gaming and regular/blue UIs. Is there anything I can do to fully revert it back to stock? I tried Asus Firmware Restoration tool last night but the update restarts a couple of times after reaching ~48%, ultimately failing.

Thank you in advance!

Seem to be still getting some odd DHCP stuff happening on this beta and AX88U. I have several devices set up as static and they lose the internet but wifi stays connected. When looking why those static IP's are being given a totally different IP by the router and is listed as DHCP instead of static, Which is the same behaviour as the 386.4 it just doesn't happen anywhere near as much. I should mention this pc which is connected via Eth. has it happen too. I have it set as 192.x.x.2 when the wifi goes this connection shows as DHCP and has a different IP to the one it's set as. LAst time instead of 2 it was DHCP and ended in 19.

Last edited:
Last piece as a follow-on from previous append at #238 was to enable AiMesh. The setting was as per this pic on the GT-AXE11000 AiMesh panel for Ethernet.
View attachment 39925
...but none of the wireless mesh units (2nd AXE11000 & AX88U) would connect after I did a WPS button hold down and power up while holding down the WPS button. All units 386.5 Beta1. Discovered only ethernet connected units would connect to the AXE11000 Router in AiMesh mode. This was not the case with the same units (2nd AXE11000, AX88U) with the AX88U I had removed for the AXE11000.
I had to run a ethernet cable to the WAN port of wireless units (2nd AXE1100 & AX88U) from the AXE11000 router, establish the AiMesh. Once in AiMesh mode then I could remove the ethernet cable, and these units would keep working in wireless AIMesh mode.
View attachment 39926
What's in the "Great" Room ?

Personally, since I use the alphas/betas, at the RMerlin FW Release, I then reset my routers to start fresh. Yes, I also reinstall my scripts "fresh" at the same time (FW Release). RMerlin AMTM and Talented Script Writers have made doing so Griswald Easy :)
Suffering from both high laziness and risk appetite factors I just 'safely remove usb' on upgrading (when I remember and can be bothered). Then again my high curiosity factor makes me install updates to add-ons when they arrive, which I guess means the add-ons do get refreshed regularly. As this 'strategy' has worked for me so far, it seems that my weaknesses cancel each other out! :) Or perhaps more likely testifies to the skills of the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!