What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 GNUton's builds are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GNUton's 386.07_0-gnuton0_alpha0 released for supported models.

Date: June 09, 2022
Release: 386.07_0-gnuton0_alpha0

• UPDATED: Merged with 386_48966 GPL.
  • UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1o.
  • UPDATED: haveged to 1.9.18.
  • CHANGED: dhcpc-event now has a second parameter that will
    contain "4" or "6" depending on the IP protocol of
    the event (dave14305)
  • FIXED: JFFS backup/restore functions not working on XT12
    and GT-AX6000.
  • FIXED: CVE-2022-0934 in dnsmasq (backport)
  • FIXED: CVE-2022-26376 (reported by Cisco Talos, fixed by Asus)
Installed latest beta on my TUF-AX5400 (TUF-AX5400_386.07_0-gnuton0_alpha0_cferom_puresqubi.w)
No problems so far !

Hi,

I have a friend using the RT-AX82U and I want him to move to this fork. Is the .w file the one I need to flash, right?
Any other consideration apart from flashing, hard reseting and then do the common config? it's the same as RMerlin's official one?

Thanks,

@GNUton I have a question about the DNS Filering, if I set say a device to open DNS home, the DNS servers point to open DNS but not the DNS IP as if I went to open DNS web site, I look on open dns but can not see were you get the ips from?

RT-AX82U user here - does this router not have a working wireguard module? Was trying to set up wgm and got this message:
"
Requesting WireGuard VPN Peer start (wg21)

WireGuard-serverwg21: Initialising WireGuard VPN (IPv6) [] 'Server' Peer (wg21) on 10.50.1.1:51820 (# RT-AX82U Server #1)
RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
Unable to modify interface: Protocol not supported
Unable to modify interface: Protocol not supported
Cannot find device "wg21"
"
Also get message "modprobe: module wireguard not found in modules.dep" when trying to begin wireguard installation process from wgm.

Apologies if I missed something obvious.

EDIT:

Installed wireguard-go using opkg and now get "modprobe: module wireguard not found in modules.dep" after "Downloading Wireguard Kernel module for RT-AX82U (v386.5_2-gnuton0)"
Have I gone and made it worse?! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, tried to follow all the instructions, have also reset route to factory settings and reformatted the USB and reinstalled everything just in case.

Yet after reading we should be able to run it, the dsl ax82u has a arm 7 cpu. So maybe this will help.

Also asus offical als release, as you see it's not the dsl version

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is the temperature of the latest GNUton's firmware for XT8, saw some post earlier mentioning 70c which is very high as the operating temperature should be around 40c?

In the PDF you include, 40C is the max ambient temperature - i.e. the recommended max temperature for the environment/air in which the XT8 is operated.

The CPU-temperature is something entirely different. In my case, it's operating at about 74C.

In the PDF you include, 40C is the max ambient temperature - i.e. the recommended max temperature for the environment/air in which the XT8 is operated.

The CPU-temperature is something entirely different. In my case, it's operating at about 74C.
Wow that is somewhat hot. The last time I had my AC88U I had to put a laptop cooler underneath it to keep the temperature below 50c. Will not enable scripting or disabling some unused functions reduce the cpu temp, also is there any page in GNUton firmware displaying the cpu and rf chip temp?

Wow that is somewhat hot. The last time I had my AC88U I had to put a laptop cooler underneath it to keep the temperature below 50c. Will not enable scripting or disabling some unused functions reduce the cpu temp, also is there any page in GNUton firmware displaying the cpu and rf chip temp?

That's the CPU temperature, not the temperature of the whole unit. The temperatures are displayed on the Administration / Temperature page.

That's the CPU temperature, not the temperature of the whole unit. The temperatures are displayed on the Administration / Temperature page.
Thks I can't seem to see that in official firmware seem that I need to flash to the GNUton.

Hi, very grateful for your efforts! I don’t know if anyone else has reported this, but I have been running your 386.5_2 firmware on my GT-AX11000 with four Zenwifi XT8 nodes without a single hitch. But recently the GUI alerted me that there was a firmware update to 387 (RMerlin’s build I assume), for the GT-AX11000 only, and I installed it.

Things seemed to be working fine until today, when one of my XT8s stopped connecting, and I had to attempt resetting and relinking it to the AX11000–and I was unable to do so. During the setup the node kept advancing to the white light, then recycling to the solid blue setup light and causing the process to abort.

I ended up reinstalling the 386.5_2 build to my AX11000, so that all of my devices were on that firmware, and I was able to connect the node again.

I saw that you are testing the 387 build for the Zenwifi XT8–as soon as it is stable I’ll update all my devices to that release. Just thought I would mention this for folks who might attempt running this configuration of firmwares ahead of the upcoming upgrades, thanks!

Hi, very grateful for your efforts! I don’t know if anyone else has reported this, but I have been running your 386.5_2 firmware on my GT-AX11000 with four Zenwifi XT8 nodes without a single hitch. But recently the GUI alerted me that there was a firmware update to 387 (RMerlin’s build I assume), for the GT-AX11000 only, and I installed it.

Things seemed to be working fine until today, when one of my XT8s stopped connecting, and I had to attempt resetting and relinking it to the AX11000–and I was unable to do so. During the setup the node kept advancing to the white light, then recycling to the solid blue setup light and causing the process to abort.

I ended up reinstalling the 386.5_2 build to my AX11000, so that all of my devices were on that firmware, and I was able to connect the node again.

I saw that you are testing the 387 build for the Zenwifi XT8–as soon as it is stable I’ll update all my devices to that release. Just thought I would mention this for folks who might attempt running this configuration of firmwares ahead of the upcoming upgrades, thanks!
Thanks for sharing this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!