What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty upgrade today from 386.3_2 to 386.5 (AC3100) and also my aimesh node (AC68U) on stock Asus to 3.0.0.4.386_46065-ge51f2dc.
Everything is fine but got a lot of these in syslog:

Mar 7 17:05:07 kernel: 14:32:D1:7C:88:1B not mesh client, can't delete it
Mar 7 17:14:04 kernel: B8:27:EB:32:E6:6F not mesh client, can't delete it
Mar 7 17:14:04 kernel: B4:B5:2F:0A:59:EF not mesh client, can't delete it
Mar 7 17:21:15 kernel: 14:32:D1:7C:88:1B not mesh client, can't delete it
Mar 7 17:26:47 kernel: 12:13:5E:B6:1A:29 not mesh client, can't delete it
Mar 7 17:26:47 kernel: 88:AD:D2:92:AC:E7 not mesh client, can't delete it
Mar 7 17:33:43 kernel: B8:27:EB:32:E6:6F not mesh client, can't delete it
Mar 7 17:41:08 kernel: 00:21:6A:62:CC:C2 not mesh client, can't delete it
Mar 7 17:41:08 kernel: 14:32:D1:7C:88:1B not mesh client, can't delete it

What should i do to get rid of them
Thanx

A dirty upgrade of AC86 from 384.4 - 384.5. No problems.

I now can get a stable WiFi connection between the 2.4 Ghz radio and my older TP-Link Model HS100 smart plug hardware V 1.0 Firmware V 1.2.6. A stable connection was not possible with these devices on 384.4.

Hi all,
wondering if anyone has had voip related issues with this update?
SIP voip was workin on 386 5 alpha and since upgrading, im having issues.
No settings were adjusted, and have tried also enabling sip passthrough plus helper which gives one way audio, but putting that back to disabled as it was, neither side can hear.
should also mention, using 2x Ax86U in mesh.

Hi all,
wondering if anyone has had voip related issues with this update?
SIP voip was workin on 386 5 alpha and since upgrading, im having issues.
No settings were adjusted, and have tried also enabling sip passthrough plus helper which gives one way audio, but putting that back to disabled as it was, neither side can hear.
should also mention, using 2x Ax86U in mesh.
All good here - running three voip sip connections to different providers without issue.

Hi all,

Tried to upgrade all my 3 Asus routers (2x AC66U B1 and 1x AC68U, so 3 times the same hardware) to the latest 386.5 firmware, but all give the error the upgrade can't be executed. I just go in the admin panel under system\firmware and there do a manual upgrade, as I always did it.
After that I tried all kind of things: do hard reset (with WPS button), first flash latest Asus firmware and try from there: all result in the same error. I did notice that the firmware file is named quite different "RT-AC86U_386.5_0_cferom_ubi.w" vs "RT-AC86U_386.5_0.trx".

Also I notice that on later firmwares (but I don't know exactly when this started) my internal network is a bit slower and sometimes even has hangups of a minute or so, which is very annoying. I also have this problem connected via wire (my PC for example). If I at that moment plug it directly in the modem of the internet provider (which is in front of my main Asus router) then it works all fine. I hoped this hangups would have been solved in this new update, but I can't even get it installed. Anyone an idea what I can do to get this version installed?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ah, now I see my own error: all those numbers are too much alike :p But ofcourse the AC66U B1 is the same as the AC68U, NOT the AC86U...but I made that stupid mistake myself to turn the 8 and 6 around. So thanks, now I downloaded the correct FW. Maybe a nice feature addon to just have automatic download of the right firmware, to help prevent stupid mistakes like I made myself. Computers are much better with numbers anyway.

Thanks, I will now download and install the right one, and also do a hard reset on all my routers and setup them manually to make sure no issues are coming from that. Then I hope the slow network and sometimes 1 minute hangups are solved.

AX88/386_5: Happy days! After the firmware update and a reboot, the ipv6 native page just populated (ATT fiber). First ipv6 connectivity in months. Very pleased with this release. Thanks Merlin, and Asus! Now my only big gripe - and I know this is an Asus problem - is the difficulty of connecting aimesh units.

I just noticed since going to 386.5 that the Internet Speed Test page has a scroll bar on the RHS !!
Multiple browsers and clearing caches has no effect.
Backed off to 386.4 fixes it.
I cannot believe this is a settings issue but will try a factory reset when time allows.
AX86X

Last edited:
All 3 routers upgraded successfully now, taking the right firmware actually helps :p After that I did the hard reset with the WPS button and manually set them up (so no import of old settings). As I never really took time to dive into the added AiMesh options I've setup them in the old fashioned way: the main router in router mode, the other 2 in access-point mode. On all three I have the same wireless network (and some specific ones for if I want to connect to a specific router) and I have roaming assistent on and set to -55dB.

Now I am on a forum with professionals: what are the general thoughts about using roaming assistent? And second question: how is the opinion on the AiMesh: which benefits does that give over my current manual setup?

I just noticed since going to 386.5 that the Internet Speed Test page has a scroll bar on the RHS !!
I cannot believe this is a settings issue but will try a factory reset when time allows.
AX86X
It’s often related to using http with certain browsers. Try with https if using http, or vice versa. Happens to me with http on iPadOS Safari.

AX86X
And this cosmetic thing is a reason to go back to a firmware that does not work as well?

Dirty upgrade today from 386.3_2 to 386.5 (AC3100) and also my aimesh node (AC68U) on stock Asus to 3.0.0.4.386_46065-ge51f2dc.
Everything is fine but got a lot of these in syslog:

Mar 7 17:05:07 kernel: 14:32:D1:7C:88:1B not mesh client, can't delete it

What should i do to get rid of them
Thanx
Rebooted the main router and no more of these messages in syslog

I have a 5300 and 68U running in aimesh. I've noticed in the last few firmware releases, the 68U will NOT connect to primary router 5300 at 5ghz with newer firmware. It will only (mostly) connect at 2.4ghz which makes the connection slower.
I have the 5300 running latest... but need to run the 68U on 2-3 releases back... and then i get a 5ghz connection between the routers. Not really sure what to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!