What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all Gnuton's models too

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

These actually indicate that lighttpd (the AiCloud web server) has crashed, so it probably needs to be investigated by @GNUton .
Oh, i had the CloudDisk switch ON, is it related to? 2-3 years ago i had an external HDD attached. I set it to OFF

Code:
Aug 13 23:48:14 rc_service: httpd 892:notify_rc restart_webdav
Aug 13 23:48:15 WEBDAV_Server: daemon is stopped
Aug 13 23:48:15 miniupnpd[1723]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
Aug 13 23:48:16 miniupnpd[21806]: HTTP listening on port 44886
Aug 13 23:48:16 miniupnpd[21806]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351

Oh, i had the CloudDisk switch ON, is it related to?
Yes, tho it shouldn't be crashing, so something might be broken there.

Patsio thanks for reporting. Please file a bug ticket about this. I will be investigating this next week.

Hi. I have problems with an Aimesh network.

I have a master RT-AC68U and I have an ethernet backhaul with another RT-AC68U. Now I want to sync a DSL-AC68U with the latest gnuton firmware but I don't know how to do it. I read that only trying to discover it via the master router it would work, but nothing, it doesn't work. Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Q
Hi. I have problems with an Aimesh network.

I have a master RT-AC68U and I have an ethernet backhaul with another RT-AC68U. Now I want to sync a DSL-AC68U with the latest gnuton firmware but I don't know how to do it. I read that only trying to discover it via the master router it would work, but nothing, it doesn't work. Can someone help me?

Thanks.
Reset to factory the DSL-AC68U, then connect it via Ethernet to the master nodes and search again for other node front eh web UI of the master.

Could i confirm the best way to flash this firmware with two xt8 nodes is the following,

Login to primary node/router
flash firmware on primary and let it reboot
flash firmware on secondary and let it reboot
reset settings to factory stock ?
renable aimesh and any custom settings

If it too buggy to even restore settings ?

@harrenkyym please open a bug issue in github so that you explain me better how I can reproduce it and you can get updates when the issue gets solved. Thanks

Could i confirm the best way to flash this firmware with two xt8 nodes is the following,

Login to primary node/router
flash firmware on primary and let it reboot
flash firmware on secondary and let it reboot
reset settings to factory stock ?
renable aimesh and any custom settings

If it too buggy to even restore settings ?
Yes that should do it, and better to redo setting due to change in firmware, that maybe saved after a update that could be incompatible, so always best when changing from offical to merlin to redo all setting again after a at least a web ui factory reset (soft reset) with Initialize ticked.

I just filed a bug in regards to latest version (386.7_02gnuton1) and DoT on a DSL68U on github. In my case, when enabling DoT, internet connectivity is broken, while the WAN seems to have a valid IP. Anybody else maybe experienced the same issue?

Hello Gnuton,
first of all, thank you for your work.
the script FlexQOS not work in the latest version in router Tuf-AX5400.
I attach a comment of dave14305 from another post that may help:
Thanks a lot

@harrenkyym please open a bug issue in github so that you explain me better how I can reproduce it and you can get updates when the issue gets solved. Thanks
Let me pls get some help here before. I'm a little bit lazy to fill the issue template. :D

I get to the part where my master router recognise the node, but it does via wifi (even if it's actually wired). So when it gets to the 1% there is that error message "Unable to add you aimesh node [...]", like in this videoÑ:
I've read somewhere that if I wait like 15 seconds it turns into the ethernet connection mode, but that's not working for me.

I don't know what to do, because if I turn off the wifi pressing the button, then my master doesn't recognise the node at all.

PS: I've tried with different wires, in case the problem was there, and the same.

Let me pls get some help here before. I'm a little bit lazy to fill the issue template. :D

I get to the part where my master router recognise the node, but it does via wifi (even if it's actually wired). So when it gets to the 1% there is that error message "Unable to add you aimesh node [...]", like in this videoÑ:
I've read somewhere that if I wait like 15 seconds it turns into the ethernet connection mode, but that's not working for me.

I don't know what to do, because if I turn off the wifi pressing the button, then my master doesn't recognise the node at all.

PS: I've tried with different wires, in case the problem was there, and the same.

Not sure what value you will get from running @GNUton / Merlin firmware on your DSL-AC86U when you are simply using it as an AiMesh Node? [I use Asus stock firmware on my DSL-AC86U AiMesh Node] - but whichever - make sure that Wireless-WPS is turned ON in the Wireless Tab of the webui before you attempt to add the Node.

Some versions of the firmware on the Main Router will turn WPS on for you when adding a Node - but other's don't - so check that setting in case.
If you already have had WPS On for your attempts so far - then I have nothing to suggest other than giving latest Stock Firmware a go on the DSL-AC86U.

Good luck ;).

EDIT: This stock firmware works for me
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/DSL-AC68U/FW_DSL_AC68U_300438647534.zip

Last edited:
Not sure what value you will get from running @GNUton / Merlin firmware on your DSL-AC86U when you are simply using it as an AiMesh Node? [I use Asus stock firmware on my DSL-AC86U AiMesh Node] - but whichever - make sure that Wireless-WPS is turned ON in the Wireless Tab of the webui before you attempt to add the Node.

Some versions of the firmware on the Main Router will turn WPS on for you when adding a Node - but other's don't - so check that setting in case.
If you already have had WPS On for your attempts so far - then I have nothing to suggest other than giving latest Stock Firmware a go on the DSL-AC86U.

Good luck ;).

EDIT: This stock firmware works for me
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/DSL-AC68U/FW_DSL_AC68U_300438647534.zip
Thanks for your suggestion, I did what you say, it still the same. Nothing. Just in case, my master is an RT-AC68U with the lastest @RMerlin firmware with another node (same model - wired). But this one... I feel like it's almost impossible. I could do it once in the past when DSL didn't any aimesh support by flashing something and make like if it was a RT-AC68U. But now nothing works, always found only by wifi (even if it's wired) and at 1%, dead.

Have you flashed the stock firmware I suggested? - then reset it to factory - then without doing any setup on the DSL - search again for it from the RT-AC68U Main router by adding zone. I had trouble too with my DSL until I followed the above procedure and it managed to attach correctly.

Have you flashed the stock firmware I suggested? - then reset it to factory - then without doing any setup on the DSL - search again for it from the RT-AC68U Main router by adding zone. I had trouble too with my DSL until I followed the above procedure and it managed to attach correctly.
Yes. I've done what you say. I've tried with your version, with the last version, with gnuton version... I've always made a factory reset after installing a new firmware... I don't know what else to do.

It also happens that when I try to connect to 192.168.1.1 the interface is the DSL one and not the RT one, I have to refresh multiple times until I got to the RT one. Then it reconnects very fast to the DSL one. Even if I'm connected now through wireless to my RT connection. Even though, when I got into the Aimesh setup page and I can see the DSL, it's always via wireless, it never detects that there is a cable connected, so at 1% it fails. Once, twice... always.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!