What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I know AX68U 386.7 is based on which build of official Asus firmware? coz seems like Asus just release their new firmware the same day as you.

Double check that you have the correct model. Reboot the router with no USB disk attached, then try again with a different browser.

I've downloaded the file via the 'visit downloade page' from the router which automatically selects the one it needs (RT-AC86U), verified the hash, tried FF, Edge and Brave, have no USB attached and still get "invalid image or error while transfering" shown. Any more possible steps? Coming from 386.5_2

Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V386.7 Beta2 to V386.7 Final via dirty firmware upgrade. 40+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, many IOT devices, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U & backup AC3100 routers. Still postponing adding RT-AX58U with V386.5 XXX into AiMesh 2.0, until Guest Network #01 issue is fixed, as Guest network is #01, and IOT devices is #02 currently in my setup.

There should be a prefix length field on the IPv6 settings page. If not, try setting the ipv6_prefix_len_wan nvram manually.
Regarding to this new option, I'm new to IPv6 and this is the first time that an ISP has assigned me IPv6 addresses (New ISP) . And from what I can see right now, it's running on bridged ONT, so PPPoE on Asus and Native DHCP-PD on IPv6. The prefix that they gave us is only /64. Will this new option gonna override it and force the new prefix size or is it gonna request and let us know if it fails etc? Thanks! :)

On RT-AX88U = Upgrade from 386.5_2 to 386.7 + WPS Reset + JFFS partition format = no problems to report since 2 hours on the LAN/WAN/WIFI.
Thanks to the Magicians ;)

Last edited:
May I know AX68U 386.7 is based on which build of official Asus firmware? coz seems like Asus just release their new firmware the same day as you.
386_48996 (it`s mentioned in the changelog).

I've downloaded the file via the 'visit downloade page' from the router which automatically selects the one it needs (RT-AC86U), verified the hash, tried FF, Edge and Brave, have no USB attached and still get "invalid image or error while transfering" shown. Any more possible steps? Coming from 386.5_2
You could use Asus' firmware recovery tool if you are 200% certain you have the correct model (as otherwise it could brick your router).

Regarding to this new option, I'm new to IPv6 and this is the first time that an ISP has assigned me IPv6 addresses (New ISP) . And from what I can see right now, it's running on bridged ONT, so PPPoE on Asus and Native DHCP-PD on IPv6. The prefix that they gave us is only /64. Will this new option gonna override it and force the new prefix size or is it gonna request and let us know if it fails etc? Thanks! :)
You can`t request a different prefix size than what they provide you. This is for some ISPs that specifically offer a /56 or a /48, for example.

AX56U managed to update to 386.7 finally, IPv6 is fetched there OK without any problem.
After reboot everything runs without any problem.

Thank you

What FW version stock were you on before flashing to RMerlin 386.5_2 and did you do a GUI, "FACTORY DEFAULT RESET" AFTER you flashed?

Save your settings and whatever else you've done and do a RESET. Then try to go forward. If that doesn't work, go back to stock first then back to RMerlin.

I had the same on my AX58U. Needed to reboot after unplugging the USB drive, then it worked flawlessly.

What FW version stock were you on before flashing to RMerlin 386.5_2 and did you do a GUI, "FACTORY DEFAULT RESET" AFTER you flashed?

Save your settings and whatever else you've done and do a RESET. Then try to go forward. If that doesn't work, go back to stock first then back to RMerlin.

I was on the latest release version before, i think RMerlin 386.5_0? Anyways, the factory reset helped, now I'm on 386.7, thanks!

I had the same on my AX58U. Needed to reboot after unplugging the USB drive, then it worked flawlessly.

Clearing the Browser Cache via ctl-F5 sometimes clears this glitch.

But the glitch can occur for a variety of reasons.

All good on GT-AX6000 :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 00.06.57.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 00.06.57.png
    246.9 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 00.11.03.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 00.11.03.png
    106 KB · Views: 256
You can`t request a different prefix size than what they provide you. This is for some ISPs that specifically offer a /56 or a /48, for example.
mine assigns a /56 WAN, which gives me plenty addresses on the LAN. I can't imagine a SOHO router managing to contend with a busy /48

How much do you pay for that speed, as I know the US folks pay more for way less service. ( Jealous and angry at our monopolies )
I'm curious to know too, because it's not just the US getting gouged and ground down by their ISPs.
(then again, don't Hong Kongers have to contend with the Great Firewall?)

AX88U - upgrade and factory default, like the old days.
After the factory default the router (with hard reset, via RESET button) just "reboots" itself (you can see the uptime from 2:30 mins or so to re-count from 0), NO USB or anything is inserted.
After a reboot IPv6 is taking long time to fetch.
AiMesh System of AX88U. 2 Units

Happened to me in beta as well....
I hope it will be settled by itself or something, never been

Edit: First 15 mins runs fine, will see further on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!