What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GT-AX6000 has been set to 160 MHz for weeks now, without a single drop to 80 MHz. But I am right in the middle of the city, the airport is quite some distance away. And none of my neighbours use DFS channels, so I'm alone in that band (I saw only one neighbour pop in the DFS band a while ago, seems to have reverted back to regular channels since then).
Same here on a 2900. I want to upgrade but still waiting.

My GT-AX6000 has been set to 160 MHz for weeks now, without a single drop to 80 MHz. But I am right in the middle of the city, the airport is quite some distance away. And none of my neighbours use DFS channels, so I'm alone in that band (I saw only one neighbour pop in the DFS band a while ago, seems to have reverted back to regular channels since then).
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting this comment but... are you meaning:
-the GT-AX6000 seems to stay on 160MHz whereas some of the older asus routers would drop to 80MHz (when testing at the same physical location)?

I would be interested to know what this means as well, I am getting this on my log as well, did anyone get back to you?
No, but it doesn't bother me that much because I don't notice anything is broken.

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting this comment but... are you meaning:
-the GT-AX6000 seems to stay on 160MHz whereas some of the older asus routers would drop to 80MHz (when testing at the same physical location)?
I have only tested the GT-AX6000 at 160 MHz. So just saying that if there is an actual issue, it's not widespread to all models. Or it could also mean that when in an area with no interference, it can easily stay at 160 MHz.

My Huawei P30 also supports 160 MHz channels over 802.11ac.

Interesting. I see they have other models too. Getting better, I guess. :)

My GT-AX11000 has been running 160mhz for over a year now. Its never dropped to 80mhz. Now the new Synology 6600AX on the other hand drops 160MHz after a day or 2 of uptime.

My GT-AX11000 has been running 160mhz for over a year now. Its never dropped to 80mhz. Now the new Synology 6600AX on the other hand drops 160MHz after a day or 2 of uptime.
Out of curiosity, were they both on the same channel?

Out of curiosity, were they both on the same channel?
I normally use the 5GHz-1 band 36-64. But the Synology the only radio that has 160MHz forces you to use the upper channels. But tested my AX11000 on channel 100 160MHz for a week and it never did drop. And less than 48 hours on the synology using channel 100 it'll move to channel 149 80MHz.. Off topic to merlin but synology's current firmware for 80mhz channel 149-161 is broken. They sent a internal patch today via a ticket which fixes it but WiFi on it is garbage compared to the AX11000. Most likely gonna return the Synology and stick with my AX11000 for a little longer. ASUS & Merlin always keep dragging me back.

Updated both main and AiMesh node (2x RT-AX86U's) to 386.7_0, stable since release, 160MHz channels for over 1.5 years now. No drops.

My GT-AX6000 has had a rock solid 160MHz connection to an RT-AX58U AiMesh node for a couple months now. The wireless backhaul typically shows a physical connection of 2.5 to 3 Gbps.

Happy to see the 160 MHz issue being looked at. AX86U here and no matter how many times I clean install still not holding 160 for me .... drops to 80 in a matter of hours.
Previous release rock solid at 160 for months on end. Hope it gets sorted.

My initial impressions about AX86U were wrong. The router arrived with Asuswrt 46061 pre-installed and was updated immediately to the new Asuswrt 49447. Then it was flashed to Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 firmware. The test results were quite disappointing compared to AC86U, described here:

But... today I had the time to test Asuswrt 46061 and Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5_2 on AX86U and it shows almost identical performance to AC86U to my test AC clients with very close signal strength numbers reported and real transfer speeds, on any channel. I like better the wireless drivers in GPL 46065 used for Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5_2. @Smokey613 findings were the reason for my testing today and I can confirm AX86U works better on Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5_2 firmware, at least in my Wi-Fi environment and with my test clients.

This is unrelated to RMerlin's work - different Asuswrt wireless drivers. For some reason the previous AX86U drivers work better.
Spot on! :D

Came to this firmware with hope to resolve the issue of 5Gz band dropout described at close thread and happy very much with 386.7.0! Thank you, @RMerlin! Tried out beta1 for over 2 weeks. After which done 'dirty' install with JFFS recovery for my router in signature according to instruction given by author. 24 hours - flight is normal. By the way could anyone give me a direction at which I could find out the principles and basics of JFFS use in terms of this marvelous firmware?

No, but it doesn't bother me that much because I don't notice anything is broken.
No I don't either, but it is bugging me what it means.

Anyone know?

Jun 25 09:21:55 kernel: ^[[0;33;41mFCACHEfc_vblog_list_add ERROR: Duplicate blog: list blog<0xffffffc02f840e40> JOIN blog<0xffffffc02f82e000>^[[0m

By the way could anyone give me a direction at which I could find out the principles and basics of JFFS use in terms of this marvelous firmware?
This is basically a writable portion of the flash. The firmware uses it to store some of its configuration, and the user data from AiProtection events for example. This is also where you can store customized config files and user scripts. More info here:

Happy to see the 160 MHz issue being looked at. AX86U here and no matter how many times I clean install still not holding 160 for me .... drops to 80 in a matter of hours.
Previous release rock solid at 160 for months on end. Hope it gets sorted.
I agree... & certainly hope there is something RMerlin can do to improve 160MHz functionality on an AX86U (& perhaps other problematic routers).
Perhaps I mistakenly assumed "the poor reliability" of 160MHz with our AX86U router was due to our physical location.
When actually... the 160Mhz disconnects could be the result of newer code/drivers introduced sometime around the release of 386.7
However, I do understand much of the WiFi related code is "Closed Source"... so we may be SOL ;-(
But if I sweet-talk the wife...
Perhaps she'll let me roll-back the firmware & retest our network.
Or I could just try it when she sleeps, except... schools out & those teenagers stay up all hours of the night using the damn internet LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!