What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what makes AX88U drivers different than other routers with the same SoC?
What do you mean by "different"?

They don't all share the same SDK, so the wifi firmware may be different between models.

@RMerlin, would you know if the GT-AX11000 (386.8 fw) will have updated drivers as well?
386.8 will focus on adding new models and the updated RT-AX88U hardware revision. Other models won't be supported by that release.
Thanks, so I'm assuming if ASUS include updated protocols then that will be included in future releases by you?
Yes. They did add IKEv2 support a few months ago for instance when they implemented Instant Guard.

Both 386.7 and 386.7_2 is causing some 2.4ghz devices to not be able to connect. reverting to 386.5_2 seems to resolve this on my AC86U.

Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all supported models. The focus of this release is to upgrade the GPL base code, as well as introduce a few minor improvements.

UPDATE - 24-July-2022: 386.7_2 is now available.

Code:
386.7_2 (24-July-2022)
- UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1q.
- UPDATED: RT-AX86U driver + SDK updated to latest upstream version
- UPDATED: RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 radio firmware downgraded to the
           previous version.
- FIXED: Some ISPs would fail to allocate a proper IPv6 prefix (tvlz)
- FIXED: Packet checksum errors logged when using DNSFilter in Router
         mode.  Router mode will no longer use DNAT, except for newer
         HND 5.04 models like the GT-AX6000 or XT12, which work
         properly.  Non-Router mode on HND will still use
         the new DNAT support added in 386.7.
- FIXED: Some SSH clients would end up with an incorrect PATH
         value for the default search path.
- FIXED: OpenVPN clients wouldn't get updated routing tables
         if an OpenVPN server was stopped/started while an
         OpenVPN client was connected

The highlights:
  • Merged with GPL 386_49335 (for the RT-AC5300) and 386_48966 (for all other models).
  • DNSFilter can now also intercept and redirect IPv6 DNS queries on HND models. You can also specify IPv6 DNS servers for the three custom settings.
  • Component updates: openssl 1.1.1o, haveged 1.9.18, openvpn 2.5.7 and tor 0.4.7.8.
  • Fixed CVE-2022-0934 and CVE-2022-26376.
  • And a few other fixes

Also this includes the following changes from 386.6 (which was previously only available for the XT12 and GT-AX6000):
  • Added new IPv6 options to OpenVPN servers, allowing to disable/enable IPv6 support, and also to enable NAT (allowing remote clients to also redirect their IPv6 Internet traffic through their router's OpenVPN server
  • Updated components: wget (1.21.3), dropbear (2022.82)
  • Allow requesting bigger IPv6 subnets from your ISP
  • Fixed Traditional QoS download traffic limited by upstream bandwidth

Note: while openssl 1.1.1p just came out, I decided not to put the firmware through another beta cycle just for it as the security issue it addresses does not affect Asuswrt-Merlin.

Please keep the discussion on this particular release. Off-topic posts will be moved, deleted or ignored depending on my mood at the time.
This thread will be closed down once the initial release feedback has quieted town.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
I would do something simple first, reset the network settings on the computer.
In Device Manager click on show hidden devices
Find the Network Adapter and Disable it by right clicking and then enable it.
Make sure the radio button is on and you see the network.
Name your network.
I had a problem viewing the available WiFi networks to choose from on my laptop and I tried
each one of these one at a time till I could see the WiFi Networks. Changing the name is the one that worked for me.

Since I’m still recovering my setup from a broken USB flash drive (and discovering that my Entware configuration backup was incomplete) it finally feels right to call my update a “dirty” update…

The update from 386.7_1 to 387.2 on my AC86U went smooth. No USB unplugging or rebooting required this time.

In 386.7_2, when saving configuration files on my RT-AC68U, the .CFG extension is missing.
Just add the extension .CFG before saving.
Works for me with FF 102.0.1

Some people mentioned Sourceforge has issues earlier today, that would be why.

I always publish to the Onedrive mirror at the same time as Sourceforge, so that's an alternative.

386.8 will focus on adding new models and the updated RT-AX88U hardware revision. Other models won't be supported by that release.

Yes. They did add IKEv2 support a few months ago for instance when they implemented Instant Guard.

AX88U hardware revision ? mines mount to a wall not sure what rev i have but i was being effected bby the IPV6 problem ....

hmm now that you mention it one drive dosnt seem to work in firefox ...

Last edited:
GT-AX11000 radio firmware downgraded to the previous version

Was there an isssue?
You may read there:

Tried to upgrade firmware to 386.7_2 on my RT-AX56U but after installation it said to manually reboot my router as I did and now im back on FW version 386.7.

Edit: Got it working by going to my other computer which was on ethernet. Also didnt need to reboot my router manually. Weird.

Last edited:
AX88U hardware revision ? mines mount to a wall not sure what rev i have but i was being effected bby the IPV6 problem ....

hmm now that you mention it one drive dosnt seem to work in firefox ...
afaik there is a version A1 and version A1.1. It should also tell on the retailbox which version it is.

I have A1.1 and was effected by the WiFi driver problems

On RT-AX88U, after more than 20 days without any problem on version 386.7, upgrade from 386.7 to 386.7_2 + WPS Reset + JFFS partition format = no problems to report since 19 hours on the LAN/WAN/WIFI :
Sans titre 1.png

Give us a break, too many updates right now. Especially if the 386.7_2 fixes the problems of some.
Thanks to the developers.

afaik there is a version A1 and version A1.1. It should also tell on the retailbox which version it is.

I have two AX88U A1.1 too, but was in no way effected by the any WiFi-driver problems.

I also have a RT-AX88U H/W A1.1 and I have never had a Wifi problem in 20 days with the 386.7
You should review your parameters before making a generalization.
Anyway, according to RMerlin the new Wifi firmware will be available in version 386.8

Upgraded AX-88U and AX-86U mesh node to 386.7_2 and all is good. Thanks Rmerlin.

Mine was one of 20 Ebay Referbs .... So the box it came in looks to be made from a pedastool fan box :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!