What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dirty updated my AC88 from 386.5_2 to 386.7_2.
After the update, I found a recurring message in issue log. Rebooted AC88 and it is working.

Upgraded AX-88U and AX-86U mesh node to 386.7_2 and all is good. Thanks Rmerlin.
Just a question; why did you choose to run Merlin also on your Node and not stock firmware?

I'm running stock on my node but I am wondering what would be the "best".

Thanks

I prefer to run same versions on meshrouter and node (and bridge).
But I think there are different opinions about that.

Just a question; why did you choose to run Merlin also on your Node and not stock firmware?

I'm running stock on my node but I am wondering what would be the "best".

Thanks
Mainly because when there was all the fuss about temperatures increasing using certain builds, i could use ScMerlin on the node to look at the router temps. I also haven’t had any problems using Merlin on the node so just carried on using it.

AX88 using 386.7_2: Changing ISPs and had a chance to check IPV6 in two different modes, AT&T native and Hurricane Electric (new ISP doesn't have native yet). Both worked great with DoT installed (even HE, their DNS server finally handles DNSSEC), and as an aside, the HE DDNS tunnel worked fine also. Also had a chance to play with dual WAN and it seems to be doing what it is supposed to do. Thanks Merlin!

I have two AX88U A1.1 too, but was in no way effected by the any WiFi-driver problems.
I have an a1 version and had no issues with wifi I don't think its related to the revision of the router. As Merlin as stated most wifi issues are related to the client devices. And everyone's wifi environments and devices will be totally different from the next person I totally understand why he doesn't go too deep into wifi troubleshooting. The only difference between this firmware and the last was reverting to the previous wifi driver so I think that was the culprit for those having issues.

Last edited:
working well, actually even connects faster with some clients. up now for a solid 32 hours.

. . . lots of gratitude here, eric

btw, not missing my old aC86u at all. great router that it is, the speeds with the ax even on wifi 4/5 clients are noticeably faster. i only have 1 ax client (firestick max) and it's blazing!

Dirty upgrade of AX86U on 386.7_1-gd1340bd88e to 386.7_2.

12 hours up time and all ok so far! ;)

Could have done without an ISP outage, just after updating and rebooting the router... I could see the wife circling with a look of, what have tinkered with now...

Just updated to 386.7_2 from 386.7_0 my dear old RT-AC66U B1 using RT-AC68U firmware.
All seems workin' fine, but I found a problem exporting router settings (Administration/Restore-Save-Upload Setting).
Instead of Settings_RT-AC66U.CFG, router exported Settings_RT-AC66U B1.tar file that cannot be opened by WinRAR.
Is it normal?

Thanks in advance.

Just updated to 386.7_2 from 386.7_0 my dear old RT-AC66U B1 using RT-AC68U firmware.
All seems workin' fine, but I found a problem exporting router settings (Administration/Restore-Save-Upload Setting).
Instead of Settings_RT-AC66U.CFG, router exported Settings_RT-AC66U B1.tar file that cannot be opened by WinRAR.
Is it normal?

Thanks in advance.
Same for me, so I'm guessing you're using Firefox. As Merlin has noted in this thread and elsewhere, it's Firefox that's the problem. Just rename the file with the cfg extension.

12 hours up time and all ok so far! ;)

Famous last words, i've lost my 5Ghz wireless, though waiting to see if this is me tinkering with the channels or if it's because of the update? I've rebooted twice, but so far it hasn't returned... Watch this space

EDIT - It's now working and is the fastest i've ever had! I switched on 160 Mhz and changed to channel 124, so guess it was that sorting itself out! Crises averted... :)

Last edited:
Instead of Settings_RT-AC66U.CFG, router exported Settings_RT-AC66U B1.tar file

For me it was an .XML file (also using Firefox), but renaming to .CFG works just fine to re-import.

-- // --

Another question, are we supposed to remove the USB drive before updating?

I've never used USB flash drives on the AC86U before, but today installed Entware so the USB drive might stay for a while.

For me it was an .XML file (also using Firefox), but renaming to .CFG works just fine to re-import.

-- // --

Another question, are we supposed to remove the USB drive before updating?

I've never used USB flash drives on the AC86U before, but today installed Entware so the USB drive might stay for a while.

It it generally recommended to unmount and remove the drive before updating firmware.

Ax88U A1.1
There were wifi problems on 386.7 (intermittent restart and, accordingly, disconnection of all clients). Rolled back to 386.5_2. Right now I've updated to 386.7_2, everything is OK.

Thanks @RMerlin !

Updated from 386.5_2 to 386.7_2 on my RT-AX86U with RT-AX86S as node (running latest stock). All runing smooth and a clean system log!
I noticed one strange thing. My channel for 5ghz changed from 36 (fixed) to automatically with the update. Anyone else had the same? Could it be possible also other settings got changed?

Thanks.

Dirty upgrade from 386.5_2 to 386.7_2. No connectivity issues or anything else really on AX86U running exclusively on 5GHz. Thank you RMerlin.

Last edited:
I noticed one strange thing. My channel for 5ghz changed from 36 (fixed) to automatically with the update. Anyone else had the same? Could it be possible also other settings got changed?

Thanks.

Mine stayed on my fixed channel. Dirty upgrade with 2 AX58u's. One in AP mode and other as a mesh node. No issues.....

In AP mode, it seems that the router https certificate cannot be persisted after being generated, and a new certificate is automatically generated after each reboot.

I can observe this issue on 386.7 and 386.7_2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!