What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After upgrading to 386.7_2, I noticed my ET8's third radio-band is not available. I think this is what causes my WiFi to get spotty around the house, so downgrading to 386.5_2 gets the third radio-band available again and get reliable signal.
Yeah I’m experiencing flawless performance with my GT-AX11000 and all four ZenWifi XT8 nodes set on 386.5_2, and I think I’m going to leave them this way—at least until a stable release for the XT8s is released by GNUton.

OpenVPN connection problem on 386.7_2

On 386.7_2 my macbook pro could no longer connect to the openvpn server running on my AX86U. It connected no problem on 386.5_2, but was just spinning forever until it timed out on 386.7_2. A reboot didn't fix it. I had to create a new openvpn-server and set up all the clients with the new config file, and now it connects like just fine.

I guess somehting changed with openvpn on 386.7_2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
after being away for a few days both of my AC5300 routers had their WiFi radios crashed. Although the routers reboot every 24 hours. Nothing in the log file, No airport radars etc. etc.
Power off / power on and they came back alive.

@RMerlin , Firefox 103.0.1 (new) still saving .CFG as .txt.

Again, still not fixed.

Not sure if related, but after a successful update it seems the (Ookla) speed test no longer works?
It used to, but now it claims:

Failed to complete the Internet speed test. Please check your Internet status at Network Map for more information and try again later.
Obviously I do have internet.

It is not a big deal, but I liked this feature.

The log, after I asked for a speedtest:

Aug 2 13:59:26 kernel: Init chrdev /dev/idp with major 190
Aug 2 13:59:26 kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_max = 8000
Aug 2 13:59:26 kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_timeout = 300 sec
Aug 2 13:59:50 kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.2 7812743e
Aug 2 13:59:50 kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.20
Aug 2 13:59:50 kernel: Init chrdev /dev/idpfw with major 191
Aug 2 13:59:50 kernel: IDPfw: IDPfw is ready
Aug 2 13:59:50 kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 192
Aug 2 13:59:50 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 3
<edit> Forgot to mention- its on an RT-AC68U</edit>

Last edited:
Not sure if related, but after a successful update it seems the (Ookla) speed test no longer works?

try to log out and log in back.

Working fine on my RT-AC3100

<edit> Forgot to mention- its on an RT-AC68U</edit>
Saw the same on a RT-AC68U running 386.7_2 firmware. Tried to run a speed test and it just hanged with "Testing". Logged out and back in and got that same message you did when the speed test page loaded. Reloaded the page (F5) and tried to run a test and it finally ran with the usual incorrect half up/down speed being shown on a 500/500 fiber connection. Using Brave browser on Win 10.

Saw the same on a RT-AC68U running 386.7_2 firmware. Tried to run a speed test and it just hanged with "Testing". Logged out and back in and got that same message you did when the speed test page loaded. Reloaded the page (F5) and tried to run a test and it finally ran with the usual incorrect half up/down speed being shown on a 500/500 fiber connection. Using Brave browser on Win 10.
Works fine here ...

1659465816402.png

@RMerlin , Firefox 103.0.1 (new) still saving .CFG as .txt.

Again, still not fixed.
Tell that to the Firefox devs, or use a browser that does not mess up with filenames.

In the meantime, Asus also changed mimetype handling within httpd to help alleviate issues. But the fact that Firefox renames filenames without asking the user is plain wrong.

saves as .cfg here, latest ff 103.0.1

Any of you guys with WiFi or WAN issues also using Home Assistant and ASUSWRT integration? Disabling the integration appears to fix my issues for now...

@RMerlin I know there is a way to schedule a reboot of the main router, but as I'm using 2XT8's as nodes, is it possible to add a checkbox to schedule a reboot for the whole system including nodes as the button under system settings does trigger a complete reboot?

OpenVPN connection problem on 386.7_2

On 386.7_2 my macbook pro could no longer connect to the openvpn server running on my AX86U. It connected no problem on 386.5_2, but was just spinning forever until it timed out on 386.7_2. A reboot didn't fix it. I had to create a new openvpn-server and set up all the clients with the new config file, and now it connects like just fine.

I guess somehting changed with openvpn on 386.7_2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Which software are you using on Mac to make the OVPN connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!