What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.9 is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Asuswrt-Merlin 386.9 is now available for all supported Wifi 5 (802.11ac) models. This release focuses on GPL merge and component updates.

Notable changes since the previous release:
  • Merged with GPL 386_50757.
  • Updated components: dnsmasq 2.88, zlib 1.2.12, openssl 1.1.1s, inadyn 2.10, nettle 3.8.1, openvpn 2.5.8 and dropbear 2022.83.
  • Rebranded DNSFilter as DNS Director, to avoid any confusion with the company of the same name. No changes in functionality.
  • Setting an OpenVPN client to redirect all traffic while in "Exclusive" DNS mode will now force redirect ALL DNS traffic just like in VPN Director mode.
  • Self-generated web certificates will now use EC instead of RSA

See the changelog for a more complete list of changes.

Please keep discussions in this thread on this specific release. This thread will eventually be locked once the release feedback has died down.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Downloading now…

Stupid question - what does the ROG version do, besides (presumably?) change the colour scheme etc. to the ROG design?

Stupid question - what does the ROG version do, besides (presumably?) change the colour scheme etc. to the ROG design?
Just a different UI. It has a few gamer-centric features (such as reporting the ping time to various game servers), but these are largely visual-only differences.

Just a different UI. It has a few gamer-centric features (such as reporting the ping time to various game servers), but these are largely visual-only differences.
Where do the “Network Ping” and “Ping Devaition” charts actually “ping” to?

Would be good to have an option to change where it pings to.

Upgraded to 386.9 on both routers. (see signature).
Both up and running for a couple of minutes.
Tomorrow I will do for both a factory reset. This was long overdue between upgrading major versions.

I don't know. Probably the same server configured on the WAN page for link testing - I never looked at it.

I have no intention of making any changes to the ROG UI. It is entirely provided as-is, dealing with one UI is already too much work for my taste, let alone a second one...

AC86U: Dirty Upgrade from beta, and all is working well!

Installed on my GT-AC2900. No issues so far. Thank you very much.

Any other changes between the Beta 386.9 and the final 386.9 release other than dnsmasq being updated to 2.88? Edit: Yes I've compared the two change log files and only the dnsmasq update appears to be new between the two firmwares.

Last edited:

I think it pings to dns server which is set in WAN setting..

Had a good run on 386.7_0
386.7.PNG

Dirty upgrade smooth as can be... thanks for everything you do.
ntp.PNG

3 hours up. All seems ok. DNSmasq is still truncating some packets every hour but that has been explained in the beta thread.

Just upgraded. Dirty flash.
Not a major thing, but I'm not seeing temperatures reported by scMerlin...maybe they'll pop up by morning, or I'll dig through the alpha & beta threads for direction. (It could be this broke that script/addon. I've yet to check RTRMON)
don't particularly want to do a re-set tomorrow, but I'm surely (over)due...

UPDATE: 36hrs since flash. users ask what i did to improve the wifi. everything seems to be markedly smoother/snappier. Still no temps in scMerlin...might be time to say goodbye and bug @Viktor Jaep for a GUI tab to run RTRMON in a terminal window like the system log

Last edited:
script openvpn-event not run if vpn_client1_status change 1 to 2 or 0

Code:
#!/bin/sh
logger "PAX VPN LOG 1.$1 2.$2 3.$3 4.$4 5.$5 6.$6"
if [ "$1" == "tun11" -a "$6" == "init" ]
then
   logger "VPN disattiva Fermo Trasmissione.."
   /opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission stop
fi

if [ "$1" == "tun11" -a "$6" == "" ]
  then
    logger "VPN attiva avvio Trasmissione"
    #ControlloFIX
    if [ -f /tmp/FIXtransmission ]; poi
      logger "FIX trasmissione gia' applicata"
    else
      logger "attivo FIX memoria Trasmissione"
       # FIX: demone di trasmissione

Last edited:
I was playing with the WiFi Radar. Not sure if this is already reported but it is not working.
it shows only my WiFi, although there are others too. Just to be sure I enabled 5Ghz Hotspot on my mobile device, still not showing in the WiFi Radar.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!