What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 Beta is available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some lack of sleep stupidity, downloading and trying the wrong firmware o_O.

388.jpg

Smooth coming from the Alpha on the AX88, and 7_2 on the AX86's, and now the testing begins...

Looking at the logs it looks like GT-AXE16000 is crashing when trying to update:

Are there any clues as to what has gone wrong there?

TIA

HB

Attachments

• crash.txt
    82.2 KB · Views: 89
Looking at the logs it looks like GT-AXE16000 is crashing when trying to update:

TIA

HB
I'll let RMerlin or someone else more Knowledgeable take a look but, I suddenly see why... you Bang your Head, yikes.

Everything works as expected. No issues during and after the update. Still running the WireGuard Session Manager script. I'll test the integrated WireGuard solution later.

TIA

HB
I see this:

May 5 06:05:19 crashlog: <0>Process insmod (pid: 1008, stack limit = 0x00000000eb2b8a3a)
May 5 06:05:19 crashlog: <4>CPU: 3 PID: 1008 Comm: insmod Tainted: P 4.19.183 #1
May 5 06:05:19 crashlog: <4>Hardware name: GTAXE16000_2GB (DT)

I have no idea if it caused the failed firmware upgrade.

"Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 Beta is now available for all Wifi 6 (AX) models." I don't see AX92 listed, will it work? Might fix the issues on this crappy router. I think it was busted when i bought it!

Thanks Asus for dropping support for AC models. Forcing people to upgrade to AX.

"Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 Beta is now available for all Wifi 6 (AX) models." I don't see AX92 listed, will it work? Might fix the issues on this crappy router. I think it was busted when i bought it!
That is not a supported device.

Quick question on Cake-QOS. Is it still required to have hardware acceleration in flow cache disabled or is that something that's now supported under Cake and AX router models?

Quick question on Cake-QOS. Is it still required to have hardware acceleration in flow cache disabled or is that something that's now supported under Cake and AX router models?
flow cache must be disabled for cake to do it's thing
EDIT: It's similar with most of the advanced features (ex. Wireguard) in that... The router can easily forward network data packets onto different network devices. BUT... if it has to deconstruct packets, make (changes/alter) them, re-package them, & then forward them on... the speed will be seriously impacted by the limitations of the router hardware (CPU/RAM etc etc)

Last edited:
In VPN Director: if I select an entry to edit, the focus should change to the editing box which because of my long list, opens off the top of the screen. At first sight "edit" does not appear to work as the editing box is not visible.
Tested on FF and Edge.

no ethernet section
Untitled.jpg

Thanks Asus for dropping support for AC models. Forcing people to upgrade to AX.
They did not drop support for the AC units, they just will not be included in the 388 code. I am sure they will still support security updates on the more popular AC models.

Hi,

I have just flashed the latest beta on a GT-AXE16000, so far so good, setup wireguard, and measured the speed on the phone, it can reach 500-650 mbit/s on a 900 mbit/s line, it is incredible, the previous router (linksys ea8500) with ddwrt produced half of this speed around 300 mbit/s.

I know AIMesh is closed-source, but just reporting...

388.1 beta AX86U with AX86S hardwired node, ethernet backhaul only turned on.

If the node is on stock, AIMesh works fine.

If the node is on merlin, it reports as connection being severed, but still assigns clients there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!