What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 is now available for all supported Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It has been my experience that if the Auto Channel for 2.4 settles on Channel 11, my Wifi will not work. It has worked for me to manually set the 2.4 band to Channel 1 or 6 and let it be. I don't particularly care about 2.4 so all I want it to do is work so all my 5.0 bands come alive successfully.

I have experienced this problem for quite a while with ASUS and Merlin Firmware. It has also shown itself on AC86U, AX86U, AX88U, AX92U and AC3100.

WiFi and AIMesh are temperamental at best. Once they are working, I leave them alone and count my blessings. I will hard wire anything that I need to depend on and don't want to chase bugs.

I also try to run with the least amount of AIMesh "Access Points". I believe they spend a lot of time competing for a clear channel and ultimately limits the performance of the entire WiFi environment.

Last edited:
I agree that it doesn't make sense - just sharing my observation. Any 100mbit/s connection shows in yellow with the warning - I guess someone at Asus forgot that there are 100mbit/s devices out there...

Its nothing to worry about, the warning is just telling you that you are not utilizing the full speed of the connection which is 1 gb. Thats all.

CC

Model is AX56U. Problem started with 388 beta 1 and still present in final 388.1. I have two USB HDDs, samba share and DLNA. Sometimes, when accessing first drive, second HDD spin up. miniDLNA is stored in var/cache/minidlna folder with custom config file. Factory reset didn't resolve problem. With 386.7_2 that is not heppening.

I agree that it doesn't make sense - just sharing my observation. Any 100mbit/s connection shows in yellow with the warning - I guess someone at Asus forgot that there are 100mbit/s devices out there...
I agree, I mean I have more 100Mbit/s than 1Gbps devices in my house, and I think a lot of people have same situation.

Try one last thing, after the rest and setup again, do an electrical reset, that is turn off power switch, unplug the router from power and turn on the power while unplugged. This bleads off all current in the hardware. Then power up and test.
Did this yesterday and same result: bandwidth monitor is working for some minutes. While filling up my list with manually assigned IPs it stopped working. So I am back to 386.0. No it is working flawlessly.

@Clark Griswald : is QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor working for you? I guess not many user even look at it, that´s why I am asking you.

Major blocking non-responsiveness from from "Network Map" when network is set to 10.0.0.x

Either upgrading from this or setting it afterward leads to massive issues.

Which router are you using
Major blocking non-responsiveness from from "Network Map" when network is set to 10.0.0.x

Either upgrading from this or setting it afterward leads to massive issues.
Which router? Network map (and everything else) is working fine on my rt-ax88u using 10.0.0.x.
Suggest maybe clearing your browser's cache.

Which router are you using

Which router? Network map (and everything else) is working fine on my rt-ax88u using 10.0.0.x.
Suggest maybe clearing your browser's cache.

rt-ax3000 (RT-AX58U) . Even switching to 10.0.0.x after factor reset will turn into major problems.

ax58u firmware is based on asus 21224 build whereas my router is based on 20566, so I can't realistically help troubleshoot further. However I've not seen anyone else report this on either the merlin or the asus releases.

Just a tip maybe it helps.

peoples that experiencing or having drops with the wireless and internet connections.
If your house or apartment or room etc.

See and check if you are having florescent lights, i know they are old maybe some peoples are using them and even LED lights also, these florescent lights they have chips inside them when these life span finished or DOA etc.

These chips interfere with the wireless router from the wireless through the internet connection and it makes a drop down. As soon as i turn the light on after seconds it happens the drop.

I had an experience from them back on 2009 or 2010. When i know that cause and effect i annoyed my cousin, but he doesn't know it's from the florescent light that causing the disconnections or the drop. using at that time DSL and to make him not use the computer :p.

I had same as that exactly and smaller one even, the smaller one causing the issues.
fluorescent-light-bulb.jpg

The smaller one this
fluorescent lampbulbs.jpg

LED lights i don't know about them if they cause or not don't have experience, but they have chips even So, check these even.

Last edited:
Just a tip maybe it helps.

peoples that experiencing or having drops with the wireless and internet connections.
If your house or apartment or room etc.

See and check if you are having florescent lights, i know they are old maybe some peoples are using them and even LED lights also, these florescent lights they have chips inside them when these life span finished or DOA etc.

These chips interfere with the wireless router from the wireless through the internet connection and it makes a drop down. As soon as i turn the light on after seconds it happens the drop.

I had an experience from them back on 2009 or 2010. When i know that cause and effect i annoyed my cousin, but he doesn't know it's from the florescent light that causing the disconnections or the drop. using at that time DSL and to make him not use the computer :p.

I had same as that exactly and smaller one even, the smaller one causing the issues.
View attachment 46205
The smaller one this
View attachment 46208
LED lights i don't know about them if they cause or not don't have experience, but they have chips even So, check these even.
But we're only having dropouts after upgrading firmware. My LEDs have been in place for years.

rt-ax3000 (RT-AX58U) . Even switching to 10.0.0.x after factor reset will turn into major problems.
I am running a RT-AX3000 (AkA AX58U) with a 10.10.10.x IP and a 255.255.255.128 Subnet Mask that works quite well.
I might suggest that you have a weird setting in your subnet mask or other IP configuration errors.

Experiencing zero issues with latest FW!

Just activated WG Server and seems to be working well. The simplicity of scanning the QR Code for the client is Chef's Kiss easy. The only user issue was forgetting to turn off port forwarding to my Pi, which was my WG Server.
* WG Peer on iOS 16.2

@Dedel66 I do not use QoS/Bandwidth Monitor

Last edited:
But we're only having dropouts after upgrading firmware. My LEDs have been in place for years.
Then i think you have two solutions.

First one wait for another new firmware maybe it will solve the problem you have or the second one upgrade to stock ASUS firmware and see if the problem solved.

If not, to make things faster then you must be at the STOCK ASUS firmware and send email to these ASUS team servicecenter_emea@asus.com about the problem exactly that you are experiencing. Trust me they will solve it like me for the LEDS lights on the router after when i disable the wireless they keep on, it's not big problem, they take two days to fix the LEDS light for you maybe it will take time maybe not. If they solve it, they will send you firmware fix for the problem you have to check if the problem solved or not if solved, if i am correct they will send the fix for Rmerlin and he will merge it with the new firmware that he will release later, Trust me it's a matter of time and it will solved sooner or later. Sometimes Rmerlin can't solve problems that he has no control on, i don't blame him i blame these companies that don't give him FULL CONTROL on these issues i think to solve.

I don't know if i can put ASUS email or not sorry if not never mind.

Then i think you have two solutions.

First one wait for another new firmware maybe it will solve the problem you have or the second one upgrade to stock ASUS firmware and see if the problem solved.

If not, to make things faster then you must be at the STOCK ASUS firmware and send email to these ASUS team servicecenter_emea@asus.com about the problem exactly that you are experiencing. Trust me they will solve it like me for the LEDS lights on the router after when i disable the wireless they keep on, it's not big problem, they take two days to fix the LEDS light for you maybe it will take time maybe not. If they solve it, they will send you firmware fix for the problem you have to check if the problem solved or not if solved, if i am correct they will send the fix for Rmerlin and he will merge it with the new firmware that he will release later, Trust me it's a matter of time and it will solved sooner or later. Sometimes Rmerlin can't solve problems that he has no control on, i don't blame him i blame these companies that don't give him FULL CONTROL on these issues i think to solve.

I don't know if i can put ASUS email or not sorry if not never mind.
I'm not blaming anyone, I'm not complaining either. My issue was a crummy patch cable! I'm excited for the development here and wish everyone the best of luck!

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm not complaining either. My issue was a crummy patch cable! I'm excited for the development here and wish everyone the best of luck!
Good. These things happen.

Sometime from the user and sometime from the firmware itself.

like me when i have speed regressions from two external routers that overheating and i thought from ASUS firmware or merlin firmware even.

Last edited: