What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 Beta is now available for Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm LACP works on RT-AX86U.
Link is 2Gbit and both ports are in use.

I confirm exactly
Paired with TP-SG108Pe https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...t-seem-to-be-working.77664/page-2#post-822047

Next : AX86U+AX86S Mesh System on 388.2 Beta

- WG + Flow Cache = + https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wg-server-test-with-flowcache-bypass.82746/page-5#post-828690
- OPVPN = +
- ipsec = +
- 2 Guest Networks = + https://www.snbforums.com/threads/p...ssing-lan-in-ap-mode.82682/page-2#post-828025

Last edited:
If i were you, I would say the AC-models had a good run, but it's time to call it quits. Everything has its time and comes to an end. This is an unpaid hobby project, and I value my free time. I will only support the current main branch from Asus. Get rid of a ton of workload and responsibilites from my shoulders and lower the complexity of the project.

I'd much rather have you only focus on newer hardware / main branch, than have you burn out and quit the entire thing.

In terms of sustainability, it is desirable to use old equipment for as long as possible in order to protect nature. My opinion...

Sorry for OT!

Found another issue:
The QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor for me only works for a few hours, then it no longer shows any throughput.
After a reboot it works again...

Found another issue:

The QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor only works for me for a few hours, then it no longer shows any throughput.

Try logout and log back in cos sometimes or well almost always it will not logout at all it just shows 0 cos you are not logged in such cases, you can verify by checking if you can see wifi password or qr code that only visible if login session is still valid.

Try logout and log back in cos sometimes or well almost always it will not logout at all it just shows 0 cos you are not logged in such cases, you can verify by checking if you can see wifi password or qr code that only visible if login session is still valid.

Thank you for your answer but it does not work at all.
Only rebooting is a reliable solution so far.

What are the other rules in the chain that jumps to ICMP_V6? It's possible Asus uses RETURN because there are other rules they want to process, such as parental control or user-defined firewall rules.
You can see the contents of the IPv6 FORWARD chain in that post. When it returns from ICMP_V6 the only other chain it jumps to is OVPNCF then it drops everything else.

Found another issue:
The QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor for me only works for a few hours, then it no longer shows any throughput.
Checked on my GT-AX6000 and noticed this too. It's no longer reporting any throughput - both gauges stuck at zero.

Not able to confirm if it comes back after a reboot yet. Will try on the weekend.

Log out / log in makes no impact.

1679660766844.png

Toggle "Apps analysis" on and agree to trend micro privacy policy, :)
Fascinating. Never had to do that before from what I recall. Turning that on was only needed to see app-specific info but the overall bandwidth gauges would work...

Hi, currently on 388.2_beta1 installed on RT-AX88U and for some reason dnsmasq not working as expected.

Even though I have an entry set as "address=/myurl.com/X.X.X.X in dnsmasq.conf.add with DNS Director enabled/Global Redirection = "Router" and "Prevent client auto DoH" is set to "Auto", I'm still seeing the query[HTTPS] being forwarded to the external ISP DNS Server besides also being resolved by dnsmasq as X.X.X.X. The problem is that the result coming from the external ISP DNS Server is overwriting the one provided by the local dnsmasq server.

If I go back to previous firmware 388.1 problem disappears.

Last edited:
Fascinating. Never had to do that before from what I recall. Turning that on was only needed to see app-specific info but the overall bandwidth gauges would work...
Just what I've said before I think the factory default is off for Apps analysis started in 388 probably because of trend micro's privacy policy..

Last edited:
I see there are still lots of post on DFS channel drops and some devices not even working. DFS is a tricky feature and for users who live in the following environments DFS just might not work.

1 You live in an urban setting.
2 You live within 20 miles from civilian and military airfields
3 You live within 20 miles of a NOAA weather site.
4 Live in downtown or apartments were neighbors next door own microwave ovens.
5 Apartment complexes
6 Urban cameras on every corner.
7 Mini microwave dishes on building and street corners
8 Any source of microwaves close to your router.

Best place for good results is out in the middle of nowhere where none of the above is present.
I live where the main airport and military base and NOAA radars are 20 miles west. I have small airport with radar 5 miles north. I have a military radar site on mountain 10 miles s.e. I have aircraft flying over the house which can and does reflective radar waves down to the ground and as well back to source. DFS is not reliable for me so I don`t expect good results. Here is a link from ASUS which explains how DFS works in their routers.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045936

Just my experience on the DFS issue

Why don't you just call it quits on the 386-branch and focus your energy on the main-branch.
Too many users of these models. While I did reduce the scope of the 386 branch to only include future component updates and bugfixes (i.e. no new features), there are far too many users of models on that branch to completely abandon it at this time.

You can see the contents of the IPv6 FORWARD chain in that post. When it returns from ICMP_V6 the only other chain it jumps to is OVPNCF then it drops everything else.
Some chains may possibly be inserted when you enable certain features like the network firewall or parental control.

I would have to review the whole chain before making any change. That will have to wait, since setting up an IPv6 lab setup is very time consuming. I vaguely remember looking at that RETURN vs ACCEPT thing a few years ago, but I can't remember the details that went behind the final decision, only that there was a conscious reason behind the final decision.

Toggle "Apps analysis" on and agree to trend micro privacy policy, :)
Which in any case results in the notorious dcd tainted error after a few hours. Unfortunately I can rely on that.

Code:
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: potentially unexpected fatal signal 11.
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 28975 Comm: dcd Tainted: P           O    4.1.51 #2
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: Hardware name: Broadcom-v8A (DT)
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: task: ffffffc03ebb2040 ti: ffffffc028c48000 task.ti: ffffffc028c48000
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: PC is at 0xf71f739c
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: LR is at 0x1dce0
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: pc : [<00000000f71f739c>] lr : [<000000000001dce0>] pstate: 600f0010
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: sp : 00000000ff826418
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: x12: 00000000000a2050
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: x11: 00000000f64ff024 x10: 00000000000a23c4
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: x9 : 00000000f64ffd5c x8 : 00000000000a287c
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: x7 : 00000000f64ffd90 x6 : 00000000000a2876
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: x5 : 0000000000000000 x4 : 00000000f64ffd40
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: x3 : 0000000000000000 x2 : 0000000000000000
Mar 24 16:20:36 kernel: x1 : 000000000007d72a x0 : 0000000000000000

My hope is that Broadcom and TrendMicro might read along and finally fix this thing.

Last edited:
I see there are still lots of post on DFS channel drops and some devices not even working. DFS is a tricky feature and for users who live in the following environments DFS just might not work.

1 You live in an urban setting.
2 You live within 20 miles from civilian and military airfields
3 You live within 20 miles of a NOAA weather site.
4 Live in downtown or apartments were neighbors next door own microwave ovens.
5 Apartment complexes
6 Urban cameras on every corner.
7 Mini microwave dishes on building and street corners
8 Any source of microwaves close to your router.

Best place for good results is out in the middle of nowhere where none of the above is present.
I live where the main airport and military base and NOAA radars are 20 miles west. I have small airport with radar 5 miles north. I have a military radar site on mountain 10 miles s.e. I have aircraft flying over the house which can and does reflective radar waves down to the ground and as well back to source. DFS is not reliable for me so I don`t expect good results. Here is a link from ASUS which explains how DFS works in their routers.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045936

Just my experience on the DFS issue
Best quote all day - "DFS is a tricky feature"
Though based on some of the above, it shouldn't be stable for me, but it is, for hours on end. Tricky remember ;)
I'll add that some devices document that they can't connect if using DFS channels on your Router (but they do, my Samsung Sound bar and wife's Volvo being two of them) if it isn't already tricky enough already.

Also some devices, particularly dual band ones tend to switch back and forth further adding to the tricky nature. I've setup two WiFi networks 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz network to keep those devices locked down to a frequency in addition to having my Smart Connect dual band one SSID network for those devices that play nice (typically the one with newer drivers that can be updated). This has significantly reduced the flood of the IEEE 802.11: disassociated messages in the log to those devices that roam (iWatches, iPhones, iPad, Fitbits and the like, based on the reported MAC addresses)

Your mileage will vary, and "DFS is a tricky feature" can't be over stated...

Last edited:
Interesting, I don't have that issue and didn't turn on app analysis:
1679672476492.png

Edit: is this only a problem with the GT-AX6000 for you?

Interesting, I don't have that issue and didn't turn on app analysis:

Edit: is this only a problem with the GT-AX6000 for you?
Problem exists on my ax88u too: when the switch is in the off position, it works for a few hours, then suddenly stops.

Last edited:
This seems a rather "common" issue recently. It seems to be effecting some and not others. I'm convinced it's more a script than FW. I wonder what we all have in common to cause it for some and not others
Yeah that is the question. I am running Adguard home and Skynet on my router.

Status
Not open for further replies.