What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 Beta is now available for Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure your 5 GHz radio isn't disabled, and you aren't using MAC filtering.
Thanks for your reply.

I am using the 5ghz and it’s very fast. I also don’t have Mac filtering enable, nor is the 5ghz disabled. 2ghz even gives the scanning animation. Nothing happens on the 5ghz side.

Interesting, I don't have that issue and didn't turn on app analysis:
View attachment 48832
Edit: is this only a problem with the GT-AX6000 for you?
Yeah that's been my experience up to now... maybe it's model specific?

Yeah that's been my experience up to now... maybe it's model specific?
With my GT-AX6000 I do not have to turn on Apps analysis.

With my GT-AX6000 I do not have to turn on Apps analysis.
After rebooting my ax88u it works several hours without having App analysis turned on. Then after some time it stops to work.
Maybe you can take a look after a day or two if it still works?

Problem exists on my ax88u too: when the switch is in the off position, it works for a few hours, then suddenly stops.
I have my router up since updating 4 days ago. It's maybe another QoS script interfering with this feature? I'm using cake.

I have my router up since updating 4 days ago. It's maybe another QoS script interfering with this feature? I'm using cake.
No QOS-script at all. Just YazDHCP...

After rebooting my ax88u it works several hours without having App analysis turned on. Then after some time it stops to work.
Maybe you can take a look after a day or two if it still works?
Will do but to my recollection I did not change anything on this page, only accessed it and noticed that it was working as-is.

I just acquired a RT-AX88U Pro, has any one had experience so far with flashing the newly added merlin support for this model?
Just flashed the beta on the RT-AX88U Pro. Only issue I have noticed so far is,
1679679356889.png

I don't know if that is because it is on beta firmware, or if @RMerlin needs to take a look at the firmware update code for this particular model.

The beta 1 working well here. Decided to add my AC66U_B1 as a mesh node just to see how things worked. So far so good! Using Ethernet backhaul and able to bind clients to the node or to the router. Also noticed that the 5 GHz on the AX86U switches up to 160 MHz while the node is limited to 80 MHz.
Am not using any AMTM but I did test Diversion for a couple of days.
Decided I didn't need it. I do have Stubby set to do DNSSEC instead of Dnsmasq.

Fascinating. Never had to do that before from what I recall. Turning that on was only needed to see app-specific info but the overall bandwidth gauges would work...
Working on my AX86u without app analysis enabled; I understood this the same as you that it was only needed for per host or app specific measurement.

Checked on my GT-AX6000 and noticed this too. It's no longer reporting any throughput - both gauges stuck at zero.

Not able to confirm if it comes back after a reboot yet. Will try on the weekend.

Log out / log in makes no impact.

View attachment 48825
1679685073168.png

1679685100309.png

Honestly think its the bug i think it is, cos if you login and logout timer is 10 minutes and close tab and open it after lets say 24 hours a lot of stuff will report nothing even the internet speedtest will say n/a if so i believe, altho if already been told this is not the case for some reason i think it might be
I always logout and log back in and fix it that way, ofcourse im gonna keep eye out and report back if i see the bug, but i usually just logout before i close the router tab.

edit: better image
1679685281702.png

edit: before i forget i am on AX88U

Last edited:
If I drop the RT-AX56U in the future, I will probably drop support for the RT-AX58U at the same time, due to the constant confusion from users between the supported V1 model and the unsupported V2 model. Since V1 hasn`t been sold in quite a while now and it never was a very popular model, it makes limited sense to still be supporting that V1 model for the long run.
What does this mean for users of the RT-AX3000 like me? If my notes are right I use the RT-AX58U firmware. Am I using an "unpopular" model?!

382.2 Beta - AX86S - Continued

Problem I posted yesterday was the router rebooted and access to admin screens and WiFi were lost until router was power cycled. Ethernet connection continued to function. Another 18 hours have passed an problem hasn't repeated itself. Prior to updating to 383.2 beta have had no issues with the AX86S since putting it into service in January 2023.

Suggestions included reverting to ASUS firmware. Have been a fan of Merlin's firmware since 2013 on my first N66. Not sure that stock firmware would fit my requirements as I need and use two VPN clients primarily so I can keep my IoT devices with a different public IP than my real IP from my ISP. Also wife likes to be able to log into Swedish media using an IP in Sweden.

Demands on the AX86S are not that great as it is used primarily by my IoT devices and is in front of another router that handles the bulk of my LAN & WAN traffic.

As for removing scripts all are updated including Entware. Memory usage is stable a 94% and exactly the same as on my AC86 which I replaced with this router. The AC86 and AX86 have the same processor and same amount of memory. I have run the same scripts on both routers and my AC86 has its latest firmware. If router reboots again I probably will remove some or all scripts to see if it makes any difference.

Only replaced the AC86 because as hot is it ran and its poor reputation for longevity it was only a matter time until an early failure so for the $29 net cost to me in December 2022 for an AX86S why not. I was also interested in trying WAN link aggregation between the MB8600 and the AX86S and it works just fine. I'm getting the extra 200 Mbps download speed from Comcast that my 1200/40 plan provides.

I will continue to monitor the beta firmware's stability and hopefully yesterday's failure was a one time occurrence.

Try a screen shot instead of those internal links within your network if you want us to see what you're seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.