What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to new 388.2_2 about 3 hours ago. Have not rebooted routers yet but will sometime later today. Still have the same issue that many have complained about for a while with the 388 firmware. The network mapping does not work correctly. I have one device that is connected to my Aimesh node and sometimes it shows up on node and sometimes it shows up on master. My Aimesh setup is hardwired, and it works quit well with devices connecting to the closet router which happened after the 388 firmware was released. Seems ASUS fixed that problem but just can`t seem to get the network map correct. Oh well, maybe posting about it here will get a better response than what I have received from ASUS with any support issue that I have brought up to them on any of their products. They have an excuse for everything

Updated to new 388.2_2 about 3 hours ago. Have not rebooted routers yet but will sometime later today. Still have the same issue that many have complained about for a while with the 388 firmware. The network mapping does not work correctly. I have one device that is connected to my Aimesh node and sometimes it shows up on node and sometimes it shows up on master. My Aimesh setup is hardwired, and it works quit well with devices connecting to the closet router which happened after the 388 firmware was released. Seems ASUS fixed that problem but just can`t seem to get the network map correct. Oh well, maybe posting about it here will get a better response than what I have received from ASUS with any support issue that I have brought up to them on any of their products. They have an excuse for everything

That happens to me too, just nevee said out loud.
I guess that's for ASUS to resolve, so never said here anything.

AX58U Units all on 388.2_2 working great.
Thanks

We seem to have the same problem. On my side it is Ipvanish that is not loading. Where you able to solve the problem yet?
I managed to solve the problem on my side. In the .ovpn file from my provider the custom setting "keysize 256" is set in the custom settings field. Removing that line (and thus reverting to the standard RSA keysize of 1024) solved the problem for me. Happy with running 388.2.2 at last!

I’ve been running 388.2 with
1) Skynet enabled and Diversion disabled: no problems
2) skynet enabled and diversion enabled: problems
When I switch diversion off via the web interface, instantly the devices can reconnect again.
@RMerlin is right, it’s the new dnsmasq with diversion.
@thelonelycoder is this something that can be fixed?
I was not able to test last weekend, I will upgrade soon and will report my tests results.

Asuswrt-Merlin does not support any type of OTA.

Eric,

Really? Why was the update icon blinking? Was that the ASUS update?
When I manually flashed the new Merlin Firmware, the blinking stopped?

CC

Eric,

Really? Why was the update icon blinking? Was that the ASUS update?
When I manually flashed the new Merlin Firmware, the blinking stopped?

CC
Merlinwrt only shows when there is s new firmware but you can't get it ota. After flashing manually it was uptodate and blinking signal is away.

Merlinwrt only shows when there is s new firmware but you can't get it ota. After flashing manually it was uptodate and blinking signal is away.

ok now this all makes sense. Thank you

cc

Not correct.

In 388 from Alpha stages it used to drop from 160Mhz to 80Mhz, you would have see it dropped it 600-900Mbps once it dropped to 80.
It would drop after smaller or longer time since router boot.
You would actually see it drops.

Not sure what changed in 388.2 regards that matter, but since Merlin pushed Alpha version on Saturday, it stays stable on 160Mhz.
Previosly on 388, could not handle that the same way.

Something has definetly changed though

Would offer you to reset your unit, i did it 3 times during A/B stages to eliminiate my side for the issues.
I am seeing the opposite actually; which does seem to suggest something different is going on.

My 802.11ax laptop had no problem switching into 160Mhz so long as there was no radar detection. But with these last couple of versions (388.2_1 alpha and 388.2_2), my laptop now no longer connects @ 160Mhz even when no radar detection is reported.

I am seeing the opposite actually; which does seem to suggest something different is going on.

My 802.11ax laptop had no problem switching into 160Mhz so long as there was no radar detection. But with these last couple of versions (388.2_1 alpha and 388.2_2), my laptop now no longer connects @ 160Mhz even when no radar detection is reported.
Hi, the true is i go back to 386.7_2 and zero problems, work again the 160mhz like a charm, dont lose connection of internet 10 days up and zero problems, when here say me its my isp when its not true. So i dont think update when i dont see good comments of the community.

Updated to 382-2 2 hours ago , so far all is good this is on theAXE-1100 , WILL BE TESTING ON MY JUST ARRIVED ax-1100 PRO later today , Iḿ sure it will work just as well . Thanks for another smooth upgrade

Just updated no issues.

same here

Dirty updated my AX86U to 388.2_2 from 388.2. Only issue remains the slow recovery of the 5Ghz WiFi channel after any re-boot of the router. Have the same issue on my AX88U too, otherwise all good on both routers!

Cheers @RMerlin

Updated on my AX88U with no problems.
Thank you RMerlin. - However, thanks to TrendMicro, I don't want to leave the usual "dcd tainted" error unmentioned. Thanks also, TrendMicro, for your persistence not to correct this annoying bug for years.

Upgraded my AX6000 to 388.2_2 and noticed that my iPhone/iPad can reach the internet over the router's OpenVPN (via 4G), but my Mac can only reach my LAN over OpenVPN (via hotel WiFi); not the internet.

This is the first time I try OpenVPN on my Mac, so it might very well not be related to this release...

Any tips on how to quickly check/fix this?

@RMerlin
Referring to my previous post #455, do you know of another firmware where the dcd tainted error was not yet included?

Well, it finqlly happened.
The 160Mhz finally falled to 80Mhz, probably some equipment in the close area has been turned on.
Tried my luck...

I fixed it back on 80Mhz, no more games here :)

Updated on my AX88U with no problems.
Thank you RMerlin. - However, thanks to TrendMicro, I don't want to leave the usual "dcd tainted" error unmentioned. Thanks also, TrendMicro, for your persistence not to correct this annoying bug for years.
If you're up for using Scribe, you could filter those out and discard them. See my post: https://www.snbforums.com/goto/post?id=747000/

RT-AX3000 (aka 58U); dirty update after 24 days on 388.2 --> 388.2_2 without errors before or after. RAM usage begins at 51% and, as noted in 388.2, levels off and remains at 58% after about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.