What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me what your storage is mfg model form factor and size?

And are you plugged into usb 2 or 3 and what is the usb mode
As previously mentioned in post #701, it is an old (more than 5 years) USB 2.0 Kingston DataTraveller 16 Gb flash drive connected to an USB 4 ports hub (to avoid heat issue) directly connected into the USB 2.0 port using the default USB router mode (3.):
1686187900970.png

1686187983816.png

All plugins up-to-date:
1686188634889.png

Last edited:
It looks like just the GT-AX6000 users are having high RAM usage. My little RT-AX3000 started off at 51% after the 1st reboot and after 30 days has stayed at 55%. Probably because I do not run any scripts or external drive.
RAM.png
Uptime.png

The last 4 pages talking about ram maybe its time to create a thread for this on its own so we can get back to firmware specific issues with this build?

It looks like just the GT-AX6000 users are having high RAM usage. My little RT-AX3000 started off at 51% after the 1st reboot and after 30 days has stayed at 55%. Probably because I do not run any scripts or external drive.
View attachment 50778View attachment 50779
It is more correct to say that several GT-AX6000 users are having high RAM usage and that other routers users have also reported a similar issue.

I am wondering if anyone else faces an issue with VPN traffic (upload / download) reported swapped, in the QoS section, first tab, the Bandwidth Monitor page. This is happening only on the router which runs the VPN server. The router which works as VPN client has its VPN traffic reported correctly. This is happening even if I turn off QoS. At the Traffic Analyzer section, traffic is reported correctly.

I am wondering if anyone else faces an issue with VPN traffic (upload / download) reported swapped, in the QoS section, first tab, the Bandwidth Monitor page. This is happening only on the router which runs the VPN server. The router which works as VPN client has its VPN traffic reported correctly. This is happening even if I turn off QoS. At the Traffic Analyzer section, traffic is reported correctly.
I noticed this a while back as well... https://www.snbforums.com/threads/capturing-current-vpn-traffic-speed-stats.77965/post-752550

...and actually have these values flipped in VPNMON/RTRMON to indicate the correct numbers.

I just installed VPNMON, but have no clue how to configure it so that it flips those values....
The values are already flipped for you to indicate the correct RX and TX values...

Sorry to hijack this thread already, I installed both VPNMON and RTRMON but the QoS section still reports VPN server 2 traffic swapped.
1686249580716.png

Last edited:
Just remember that VPN server upload is VPN client download. Think about it...

Sorry to hijack this thread already, I installed both VPNMON and RTRMON but the QoS section still reports VPN server 2 traffic swapped.
View attachment 50801
Sorry for any confusion... but I meant the values that are being displayed within VPNMON/RTRMON... ;)

Just remember that VPN server upload is VPN client download. Think about it...
OK, let me explain. Here is a diagram showing my two Asus routers.
1686252779589.png

When NAS 1 sends data to NAS 2 though the VPN tunnel, at the VPN server router (right side) the traffic in the QoS pages is reported as upload, but in reality the traffic should have been reported as download. Strangely, the Traffic Analyzer shows the traffic correctly.

At the VPN client, the same TCP transfer is reported without issues, as upload. Both routers are running Merlin 388.2_2.

Attachments

• 1686252400462.png
    1686252400462.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 55
Everything is installed and GUI is fast - the home IT guy is happy. The last thing I did was Skynet 11 settings then 10 syslog locations and used custom to point to /ssd/entware/var/log. Go figure - thanks everyone
load.GIF

Posted this on the addon page but 388.2_2 still has issues with display of the upload stats. This is how it looks on my RT-AX88U (see attached). This issue was not present on 388.2. Note the regular QoS page is also messed up, so this is not a specific FlexQoS issue.

Attachments

• FlexQoS issue.jpg
    FlexQoS issue.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Posted this on the addon page but 388.2_2 still has issues with display of the upload stats. This is how it looks on my RT-AX88U (see attached). This issue was not present on 388.2. Note the regular QoS page is also messed up, so this is not a specific FlexQoS issue.
I had the same issue. My WAN type was PPPoE. When I changed it to AutomaticIP (by putting the VDSL modem to work as modem & router and take responsibility of the PPPoE call) the upload stats started to show up. Not happy with this workaround solution though.

I had the same issue. My WAN type was PPPoE. When I changed it to AutomaticIP (by putting the VDSL modem to work as modem & router and take responsibility of the PPPoE call) the upload stats started to show up. Not happy with this workaround solution though.
Based on the evidence gathered, it seems the best path forward would be for @RMerlin to read the wan interface from /sys/module/tdts_udb/parameters/qos_wan when Adaptive QoS is active.

A similar approach was used several years ago:

Last edited:
I have upgraded to this version from an older release (possibly 388.2 beta 1 I think)

Despite upgrading to 388.2 it still says on the homepage I am on 388.2 beta1

I have tried upgrading twice with the two different download links.

How can i see if there is an issue with the upgrade?

p.s. RT-AX86U

Status
Not open for further replies.