What's new

asuswrt-merlin.net Website Site Down?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

visortgw

Very Senior Member
@RMerlin , is your website down?

Code:
This page isn’t working
www.asuswrt-merlin.net is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

EDIT: ... and now:
Code:
Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!

I think it is temporarily down as I also received the 503 error - Service Unavailable.

Must be temp down I tried a bit earlier and was just blank page.

503 here
C'mon, there's a fresh alpha build 😝

Hosting provider issue, they are experiencing an outage on the server cluster where my website is hosted. Their status page doesn't provide any ETA.

Down again for at least UK today. Life goes on and look forward to your next release :)
Site is up in the USA, use link in post #8, maybe clear your browser cache.

Back up again in the uk. Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy! 🙃

Site is up in the USA, use link in post #8, maybe clear your browser cache.
Site was down with intermittent 503 and 500. Back up this afternoon.

It's been rock solid for years. Sadly a lot of hosting providers get bought out and turn into ghosting providers, or maybe they're just upgrading hardware.

I don't know about RMerlin's web, but my family complained yesterday Internet wasn't working properly. Zoom not connecting, YouTube not loading some videos, WhatsApp missing messages, even failed Google searches. My daughter couldn't login to her university page as well along with other students. They say it's back to normal now. I didn't touch anything on my network. Perhaps the issue was wide spread affecting multiple services.

It's been rock solid for years. Sadly a lot of hosting providers get bought out and turn into ghosting providers, or maybe they're just upgrading hardware.
They're a local provider who hasn't changed ownership. They simply experienced another outage early this morning on the cluster hosting my site, it was reported on their status page.

They're a local provider who hasn't changed ownership. They simply experienced another outage early this morning on the cluster hosting my site, it was reported on their status page.
Be good to know the cause of the outage though. Something went down at some point, whether outside of their network or within. I'm just naturally curious as like to look at redundancy methods.

Or maybe it was just sunspots. ;)
Amazing how many spiders webs I find inside hardware. I've even seen a laptop where weird little critters must have crept in to keep warm. The most bizarre was a VDU with something literally crawling behind the glass, and no, not a virus - stayed even with the video input disconnected. I don't usually monitor for sun spots though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!